• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS - October 2011 |OT| - Goons, Godmothers, and Gunwitches!

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedline

Banned
Lionel Mandrake said:
Crap. I didn't realize Ultimate Spider-Man #3 comes out tomorrow. Not sure if I want to get it, mainly because it's 3.99.

Yeah, bi-weekly at $4 a pop doesn't cut it for me :/

Lionel Mandrake said:
Crap. I didn't realize Ultimate Spider-Man #3 comes out tomorrow. Not sure if I want to get it, mainly because it's 3.99.

Yeah, I flipped. I was gonna trade wait Ultimates but holy moly #2 was the best thing ever. Now Ultimate Spidey gets the Trade Wait.

Satchwar said:
a9LsH.jpg

Why does the batmobile look like Spider-Ham?

Captain N

Satchwar said:
guys, i wish DC/Warner could get their shit together and give me some good superhero movies that aren't Nolan Batman.

I'd love to see a Flash movie. They should do the same thing with movies as they are the comics. Not 52 movies, but make them all new.

Xater

Captain N said:
I'd love to see a Flash movie. They should do the same thing with movies as they are the comics. Not 52 movies, but make them all new.
What they really need is collect the right talent that does nothing but work on these movies. Marvel had the right idea with their studio.

Garryk

Satchwar said:
guys, i wish DC/Warner could get their shit together and give me some good superhero movies that aren't Nolan Batman.

The CW provided you with 10 wonderful years of Superman. What else could you possibly want?

Ephemeris

notworksafe said:
Nightwing 1 (yeah, old): Never read Nightwing before this, so this should be fun. Wait! Dick was Batman? What the hell? Circus stuff is cool but doesn't add much. Faux-Wolverine is neat too I guess. Just not much happens. And not a single fish man. 

You have so much to read. THIS IS PERFECT TIMING

Get well soon man!

Excited for the DC stuff and Orchid #1 and UXM #16, ASM #671, Alpha Flight #5, FF #10,

but AMERICAN VAMPIRE SURVIVAL OT FITTEST #5 (OF 5) is the book of my week.

Crazy excited for some awesome Dr Strange (aka the guy that needs his own fucking book)

detail.jpg

How can we get Remender and Marcos Martin on this?

Satchwar said:

Maybe Green Lantern 2? :(

I refuse to place all my hope eggs in the slow-mo Snyder hand basket.

DC has such a wonderful stable of characters and it's a shame a wet towel like Nolan's Batman is the posterchild for it.

I'm still pissed they killed the Shazam movie. I wanted to see Dwayne Johnson as Black Adam! IT WOULD HAVE BEEN AMAZING! D:

Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku! said:
DC can't even produce a good Captain Marvel comic book I don't think a movie would be any different.

Ordway's book was amazing, as well as the Jeff Smith run. So there goes that theory.

the chris said:
Who would you have cast for Captain Marvel?

Never occurred to me.

I'm a Black Adam fan. :p

Let me think here. Maybe if that Titan dude from the recent American Gladiators could act some he kind of has that super built and handsome, bordering on parody look Captain Marvel tends to have.

That's casting entirely based off of looks. I have no idea if there's anybody in Hollywood I can think of to pull it off. The guy that was in Jonah Hex has the kind of face for it; I'm blanking on his name - but I'd rather see him as Kraven the Hunter. :D

KidDork

I always smile when Legion is in the Top 50. And why isn't Uncanny X-Force doing better?

And I think this is the week I pull the trigger on Detective and put Ghostbusters in its place on my pull list.

It was hyperbole...the real message is that DC by and large has not known how to handle Captain Marvel since they got him in the 70s.

Not knowing how to? Or gladly undermining the worth of the hero who once outsold Superman back in the olden days? :|

Don't believe their lies. Fawcett Captain Marvel or GTFO!

The Take Out Bandit said:
Not knowing how to? Or gladly undermining the worth of the hero who once outsold Superman back in the olden days? :|

Don't believe their lies. Fawcett Captain Marvel or GTFO!

Well I'd like to believe DC likes making money and that they bought him to try and make money off of him instead of using him to job to Superman for 40 years but knowing DC it's still possible.

Well I'd like to believe DC likes making money and that they bought him to try and make money off of him instead of using him to job to Superman for 40 years but knowing DC it's still possible.

It's really the only explanation.

Black Adam is the only credible threat to Superman; but what story of this have we gotten?

They'd rather burn the calories making Fish Cracker semi-marketable while letting Shazam languish. Why in the hell isn't there a Marvel Family title in the new 52? :|

I'll stop. GRRRR!

Still waiting on "Thunderworld" next year by Grant Morrison and Cameron Stewart. Then we can say there's THREE good Shazam comics in the past 40 years!

notworksafe

fredrancour said:
Bruce was "dead" for a while after final crisis. Dick grayson was batman for a while. It was awesome. I kind of wish he had stayed batman in some capacity.
Yeah that I knew. I just didn't know that story stuck around. The whole Bat-timeline is so Bat-fucked.

Ephemeris said:
THIS IS PERFECT TIMING
I was trying to talk my LCS into hospital room delivery today actually. I think I came off more psychotic than anything. These pills are no good for me. :/

notworksafe said:
Yeah that I knew. I just didn't know that story stuck around. The whole Bat-timeline is so Bat-fucked.

Are you posting with a bedpan bro?

How bad was the damage? Is it just your hip? No spinal damage I hope?

How screwed up is your walking? Give me the gory details as I'm always curious about these tales of physical trauma and re-learning.

notworksafe

Are you posting with a bedpan bro?

How bad was the damage? Is it just your hip? No spinal damage I hope?

How screwed up is your walking? Give me the gory details as I'm always curious about these tales of physical trauma and re-learning.
Nah using iPhone. The neogaf app is pretty cool.

And yeah just the left hip luckily. The truck hit me from both the side and back. I guess he was trying to pass me before I merged into the left lane. Fat lot of good that did him. Jerk. :mad:

My walking is...poor to say the least. Yesterday I was able stand up while bracing on a walker. Today I managed to get to a chair that was about 6 inches away from my bed after about 10 minutes of straining effort. But the doc said that I'm actually doing well, so who knows.

I've been doing leg and knee workouts 3x a day in bed (basically me lifting my leg at the knee a lot and pressing my knee into the bed to work out thigh muscles). They wear me out pretty hardcore but I mainly just want to be out of here so I'm pushing myself as hard as I can.

Even if I get sent home this week (which is unlikely) I'm looking at about 2-4 more weeks of in-house rehab that will be focused on getting my legs to move the way I want them too. Semi-depressing really, but since I'm young enough I am lucky with only needing a bit more than a month to be able to walk (with a walker). Walking on my own will be another 2-3 weeks after that. :(

If you want anymore info just ask. I'm bored as hell in this place so any distraction is welcome.

It was hyperbole...the real message is that DC by and large has not known how to handle Captain Marvel since they got him in the 70s.

Well I was responding as if you were posting for real. DC most recently has shown that they can put out great Cap series. What has happened in the 70s has no real bearing.

LeonSKennedy90 said:
Still waiting on "Thunderworld" next year by Grant Morrison and Cameron Stewart. Then we can say there's THREE good Shazam comics in the past 40 years!

Holy Wow,
It's just now that I'm hearing about this upcoming book.
Love Cameron Stewart's style...plus Morrison?? Nice!

Xater

notworksafe said:
Nah using iPhone. The neogaf app is pretty cool.

And yeah just the left hip luckily. The truck hit me from both the side and back. I guess he was trying to pass me before I merged into the left lane. Fat lot of good that did him. Jerk. :mad:

My walking is...poor to say the least. Yesterday I was able stand up while bracing on a walker. Today I managed to get to a chair that was about 6 inches away from my bed after about 10 minutes of straining effort. But the doc said that I'm actually doing well, so who knows.

I've been doing leg and knee workouts 3x a day in bed (basically me lifting my leg at the knee a lot and pressing my knee into the bed to work out thigh muscles). They wear me out pretty hardcore but I mainly just want to be out of here so I'm pushing myself as hard as I can.

Even if I get sent home this week (which is unlikely) I'm looking at about 2-4 more weeks of in-house rehab that will be focused on getting my legs to move the way I want them too. Semi-depressing really, but since I'm young enough I am lucky with only needing a bit more than a month to be able to walk (with a walker). Walking on my own will be another 2-3 weeks after that. :(

If you want anymore info just ask. I'm bored as hell in this place so any distraction is welcome.

Man this sucks. Really hope the recovery goes well.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Ogedai_Khan said:
Holy Wow,
It's just now that I'm hearing about this upcoming book.
Love Cameron Stewart's style...plus Morrison?? Nice!

I take it you've read their other colaborations, right? They did the Manhattan Guardian for Seven Soldiers, the awesome Seaguy (two minis) and the three issue arc on Batman and Robin.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
It's really the only explanation.

Black Adam is the only credible threat to Superman; but what story of this have we gotten?

They'd rather burn the calories making Fish Cracker semi-marketable while letting Shazam languish. Why in the hell isn't there a Marvel Family title in the new 52? :|

I'll stop. GRRRR!
The problem is that Black Adam's highest threat level was when Superman was depowered after Infinite Crisis. They had that whole World War III mini-event during 52 when Black Adam flipped out.

So I decided to pick up Comic books since I got a tablet, and immediately went to Deadpool, since there were only 3 in this series.

And what am i greeted with?

b0Fjy.jpg

This is going to be GLORIOUS. I feel like a kid again.

The Abominable Snowman said:
So I decided to pick up Comic books since I got a tablet, and immediately went to Deadpool, since there were only 3 in this series.

And what am i greeted with?

b0Fjy.jpg

This is going to be GLORIOUS. I feel like a kid again.

too legit to quit?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Reading Deadpool's main line is also important (he doesn't get enough face time for my liking in Xforce, at least not from the get go).

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm not sure if you guys are being serious... (apart from X-Force being good which I hear it is). Getting into Deadpool is a bit like saying "Hey guys! I just got an iPod so I'm getting into music. First purchase - Black Eyed Peas. Aww yeah!" and then everyone else is like "Yeah dawg, you should get Tonight's Gonna be a Good Night, that's a dope jam"

I just... I don't know.

Carry on!

bengraven

I fiendishly want everything in the OP but Spooks.

I know nothing about it except the pictures I see, but in a hypothetical situation where I could afford all the books in the OP, Spooks is the least appealing to me.

Jedeye Sniv said:
I'm not sure if you guys are being serious... (apart from X-Force being good which I hear it is). Getting into Deadpool is a bit like saying "Hey guys! I just got an iPod so I'm getting into music. First purchase - Black Eyed Peas. Aww yeah!" and then everyone else is like "Yeah dawg, you should get Tonight's Gonna be a Good Night, that's a dope jam"

I just... I don't know.

Carry on!

I couldn't articulate it but...yeah. Nicely done.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I want a god damned non-origin story super hero movie.

Green Lantern would have been a hell of a lot simpler if he was already in the fucking corps and they did short flashbacks to him getting the ring/training/etc.

It also would have been a lot less boring and they could have focused on the plot.

If they do Flash it's pretty fucking simple:

Wally West is already Flash. Has been for years. His uncle died saving the Central City/Keystone 10 years earlier when he was kid-flash. Mostly ignore the speed force. he is just a dude that runs really fast, and have the rouges already established and running the underground since Barry was Flash, because even most super hero sequels spend half the movie as a bad-guy origin story. I also don't give a shit about that.

Have 2-3 of the Rouges up to no good trying to steal shit/freeze the city/whatever. Flashbacks to Barry dying make the central premise that Wally is trying to fill the shoes of a legend, etc etc. Also, don't use Mirror Master. He is too goofy.

Fucking origin stories. I've seen that god damned movie 20x already. We get it, they get powers. It doesn't take 2 god damned hours for someone to get struck by lightning. and I don't care about their "normal life" before that or dealing with their newfound powers. It was good the first time I saw that movie.

Thor was already Thor, and I liked his movie a lot. It was a semi-origin story. Already had his powers but it shows how he came into power (as in the throne).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom