• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyer

Brave and the Bold Aparo > The Outsiders Aparo > Starlin Aparo > Milligan Aparo

He got progressively worse, and his best stuff was on the early Bob Haney stuff...and taht stuff is better than Neal Adams on his best day

Bruce Timm and Norm Breyfogle were the best Batman artists

Bout time someone else around here is talking bout Breyfogle

There it is! :D

Them girls swole as fuck.

I dig it.

DEATH BY SNOO SNOO. Seriously, I love Gleason.
I dunno; there's exaggerated physical characteristics, and then there's EXAGERRATED. Clearly Artemis "Aleka" passed that line several injections ago.

KErZXbn.jpg

3ydnbgO.jpg
How sure are we that's not Blockbuster in a wig?

Come on, how bad could Age of Ultron really be?

I'm one of the dummies that actually read the series issue by issue, and it's pretty awful. Literally NOTHING of any consequence happens until the last two issues. And even then, what does happen has very little impact. I mean, I don't even remember anything that happened at the end except Angela showing up.

Fuck AoU, dude. Don't waste your time.

It's not just critics man. Go search Jason Fabok in Twitter. Tons of people like you and me giving the man praise.

First let me say I enjoy his art work, and I'm just playing devil's advocate here. Going with the crowd doesn't mean it's good. Plenty of people loved, and I mean FUCKING LOVEEDDDDDDD Leifields art in the 90's.

Cheska

Insanely jealous of that Rat Queens loot, nice one Cheska. What a great series though, one of my current favourites,
Thank you! It completely blindsided me but I am so engrossed in it!

Nice! What issue and pages are those from?
Issue 3, pages 10 and 17.

I'm so jealous. I would hang those all over my room.
That's the plan :)

Kelly Sue wrote an adorable chick flick of a story in Adventures of Superman #50. It was fun to read with some great cameos.
I want to get into Adventures of Superman and Smallville so bad but I hate the digital first nature of it and how freakin' long it takes DC to get these in print form.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Wow. Fear Agent has been consistently good from the beginning, but I just read the first two issues of volume 2 and MAN are they good. Such great stuff.
And both Moore and Opena are so good in it. While I'm reading each of their arcs I think to myself "I'm pretty sure I like Moore/Opena (whichever one's arc I'm on) best," then I just swap that around when the artists switch.

I was incredibly surprised by how great the non-canon/guest-writer Tales of the Fear Agent stories were too. Those were all great reads.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
That's Kenneth Rocafort alright. I only saw this because Brett Booth was being a baby on twitter about someone on CBR critiquing it. i don't think it's a bad cover though, v. cheesecake though.

noted, purchased

why is gar green again?

Slayven

Oh my god i forgot how bad 90s art could be. Magneto Dark Seduction is like razors to the eyes. Why is everyone so sharp and full of edges?

iMerc

Exactly. I'm sure there were good ideas there, with the idea that there would be no wrong side but that never happened and we got superheroes acting like dicks to other superheroes

regardless of their original intention, i think civil war was still a very engaging and enjoyable arc to read through.
still one of my fav MCU story arcs. that may be bias though, as my two fav marvel characters are the cap & spidey ---and civil war had a severe impact on these characters.

it's had some long lasting effects on how i view certain heroes; tony stark for example - i can never look at that guy the same again.

MartyStu

That's Kenneth Rocafort alright. I only saw this because Brett Booth was being a baby on twitter about someone on CBR critiquing it. i don't think it's a bad cover though, v. cheesecake though.

noted, purchased

Looks pretty cool. I love Rocafort.

Some of his faces look same-y, but in a good way.

noted, purchased

That article was ridiculous. It basically boiled down to "boobs". As though it's the first comic to draw cleavage. It tries to find other things wrong but spent most of its faux outrage on several paragraphs about breasts and could barely muster arguments about anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom