• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| April 2014. Truly, there is no shame in continuing to read awful comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody of you guys know, how many Issues per month we get of the new Amazing Spider-Man Volume? I heard something, that it will be one Issue per month, which would be very bad, because the Tradepaperbacks would be released very late...

i beleive it is once a month but
Unlike DC, marvel reasles trades the month after an arc ends

PsychBat!

Banned
My list for this week:

Superior Spider-Man #31
Ms. Marvel #3
Thor: God of Thunder #21
Deadpool vs Carnage #2
Amazing X-Men #6

Batman #30

Not a big week

Owzers

Just read issue #15 of Hawkeye and onto #17, i don't like this book anymore. It feels all over the place, i didn't like how they jumped around in time in previous issues, and i don't like how they half splintered off into Kate being in California. This was one of my favorite books when it started but right at the second arc it just unraveled into it's own bag of bros. I don't like the bros anymore either.

per bleeding cool, it's apparently retroactively jumping in price to 3.99 for issues 19-21.

Vibranium

Banned
per bleeding cool, it's apparently retroactively jumping in price to 3.99 for issues 19-21.

Ahahahaha, oh Alonso. I suppose since Hawkeye was a hit it was a matter of time, but still, this sucks. Not to mention some people are feeling lost with all the jumping around between Clint and Kate.

I hope the next Editor in Chief is much more creative in pricing and marketing. Also, hopefully they realize that it is a huge hill to climb to actually attract movie/TV audiences to comics, creating Coulson and Fury knockoffs won't do anything.

I did not know Bagley was on it. Suddenly my interest has completely waned.

He can draw interesting things when they're interesting. His USM art, of Spidey in particular, is some of the best ever done of the charac. His cover of Hulk #1 had a pretty cool Keown vibe. This is coming from someone who was totally bored by his Fantastic Four work.

tim1138

He can draw interesting things when they're interesting. His USM art, of Spidey in particular, is some of the best ever done of the charac. His cover of Hulk #1 had a pretty cool Keown vibe. This is coming from someone who was totally bored by his Fantastic Four work.

Oh, I wasn't criticizing his talent at all. He's actually one of my favorite Spidey artists going back to his stuff in the 90s. But when Marvel is taking such interesting risks with bold, unique art styles on other books, Bagley comes off as pretty generic. Give me someone with big bold, heavy line work (to play off Hulk's physicality) and a Marcelo Maiolo or Jordie Bellaire inspired color palette. Hulk is a book they should be willing to take risks on.

Oh, I wasn't criticizing his talent at all. He's actually one of my favorite Spidey artists going back to his stuff in the 90s. But when Marvel is taking such interesting risks with bold, unique art styles on other books, Bagley comes off as pretty generic. Give me someone with big bold, heavy line work (to play off Hulk's physicality) and a Marcelo Maiolo or Jordie Bellaire inspired color palette. Hulk is a book they should be willing to take risks on.
Oh they gonna take risk on him brah. Just wait until we find out it wasn't a gamma bomb, but a Terrigen bomb. Bruce Banner is an Inhuman. You're welcome, Gillen.

well shit now i want that too

So, Brett Booth was already a bad artist, he's also kind of a piece of shit. Anyway. Now all this Teen Titans #1 shit show needs is a funny Abhay Khosla and/or Tucker Stone column on TCJ.com to dish some ether on the situation along with some motherfucking laffs so we can pretend to move on until the next time someone in comics does something stupid, meaning we've got a week tops.
Ah yeah i brought that up the other day. he's still going on about it, good fucking lord. What a baby. Dude's acting like a bunch of people didn't tear him apart by reasonably explaining why he's wrong and is resorting to "i guess a MAN can't have a say in the matter!" Hey Brett, if you're reading this, your art sucks and you take everything personally.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
One issue per month is really the gold standard in comics. Only recently has Marvel started double and triple shipping books multiple times per month.

Amazing Spider-Man shipped three times a Month since Brand New Day. At least it did a very long time.

And I think it was the best way to handle it, especially because all secondary series were cancelled.

"Prepare to meet the Vampire Justice League of Earth-43, the Justice Riders of Earth-18, Superdemon, Doc Fate, the super-sons of Superman and Batman, the rampaging Retaliators of Earth-8, the Atomic Knights of Justice, Dino-Cop, Sister Miracle, Lady Quark, the legion of Sivanas, the Nazi New Reichsmen of Earth-10 and the LATEST, greatest superhero of Earth-Prime -- YOU!

Some of the above is stuff only Morrison could have come up with...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom