• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| December 2013. Spiking the eggnog, and not telling Stark about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Apologies if I'm missing something obvious, but can someone explain something about Locke & Key to me? At the end, when
Bode is in the bird's body and leads Tyler to the door, what key does he use to get Bode back?
They mention that they
cremated Bode's body
, is it
something to turn him from a bird into a human?

It's been a while since I read all the other issues, just wondering if I'm forgetting something that explains it. I feel like I have.

The most goddamned feels ever. Anyone who didn't read this book hates comics.

I certainly read it, and I liked it for the most part. It felt a bit sudden for an ending to a series like this, though. Almost rushed. One ?, though...
How did Bode get his body back? Was it some deus ex machina, or did I miss a detail somewhere?

Splatt

Fuck Secret Avengers #13.

They killed Taskmaster. Fuck fuck fuck fucking fuck

LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif
LLShC.gif

I stopped reading atter the first trade and I definitely do not hate comics, Bunny.

My too, Butterfly.

I thought it was really cool. But as I said before, the end of the first volume felt finite. So I felt like I'd had a good serving of the stuff and like, welp, bye! But I keep hearing it just gets better from there, and I do like the characters, so I'll have to grab it up eventually.

Ohhhhhh!

Jean:Wolverine::Scott:X-23

BENDIS!

Oh, gross. Why is 500 year old Wolverine in this equation? If there is ~** sExUaL tEnSiOn**~ between he and 16 year old Jean I will ralph.

My too, Butterfly.

I thought it was really cool. But as I said before, the end of the first volume felt finite. So I felt like I'd had a good serving of the stuff and like, welp, bye! But I keep hearing it just gets better from there, and I do like the characters, so I'll have to grab it up eventually.

Oh, gross. Why is 500 year old Wolverine in this equation? If there is ~** sExUaL tEnSiOn**~ between he and 16 year old Jean I will ralph.

I think he meant the relationship between the original (now dead) Jean and wolverine (with cyclops playing spoiler) is going to have a weird ass parallel in young scott and X:23. No idea if young jean is going to be playing spoiler, so far the storyline has been Scott insisting they were "meant" to be together, and jean running as far as possible away from that.

Mudcrab

Sad to see Locke and Key end, but damn what a ride.

Uncanny Avengers has more than justified me not dropping the book a while back. Should have never doubted Remender. Can't wait to see how all this madness pans out.

Saga continues to wreck my soul in the best kind of way. Also Sweet Boy, eh?

Oh and Daredevil was really great too, I wish this book could last forever.

SRG01

So I picked up Uncanny Avengers again just so I can see what the fuss is about and
omg at Sentry what the hell?! :lol

Joking? Can't tell.

Scott and X-23's relationship echoes Jean and Logan's. It's brilliant storytelling, only possible in the Mighty Marvel Universe, where continuity is still a thing.

#FireDidio

#NoWaitILikeABunchOfDCBooksNow

Fraction plz

But don’t worry, it’s been rescheduled for the 22nd of January. Hawkeye #15 which was originally meant to be out in September, will be out on the 12th of February. Hawkeye #17 is still scheduled for the 26th February with #18 for the 26th March. It’s always possible.

The return of my top 5 of the week. Tough to choose 5 as I liked all 8 of my books this week.

5. Batman and Two Face
4. Saga
3. Umbral
2. East of West
1. Black Science

First two were easy locks for the spots. That 5th spot had me staring at my pull for a few minutes asking myself which one impacted me the most. Batman got the spot because I really like a piece of dialog in there about some Indian folklore.

Vibranium

Banned

Thank god, hopefully this means Loeb will focus on ruining live-action Marvel television and Wacker manages the animation division. If there's any man for the job besides Yost it's him, despite his constant trolling he's a great editor. I hope he resurrects the glory days of Earth's Mightiest Heroes again.

Also, his new position might mean he won't have as much time to snark at people on CBR anymore haha.

What and miss Wacker's epic posts? I hope he continues to post with his snark.

Also best editor at Marvel. DD, SSM, Scarlet Spider, anything else I am missing? Unsure about Hawkeye. He has a nice list of credentials.

But please give us high quality Marvel animated shows again.

Vibranium

Banned
Whacker was involvled with a lot of books i liked, i hope this doesn't effect quality with his departure.

I don't think it will, Marvel's got a lot of great editors besides Wackman. Plus, it's the talent that fuels the book.

He's more needed to clean up the mess Loeb and his "writers" have made at Animation.

What and miss Wacker's epic posts? I hope he continues to post with his snark.

Also best editor at Marvel. DD, SSM, Scarlet Spider, anything else I am missing? Unsure about Hawkeye. He has a nice list of credentials.

But please give us high quality Marvel animated shows again.

Eh, his posts are kind of annoying because he rarely discusses the business with the people who actually enjoy what they read. Still, he can have some funny one-liners hehe.

And yes, we need high-quality cartoons and the return of the "PG" animation too.

You can't slavage the wreckage of Loeb. A Butterfly flaps its wings in the East causes a hurricane in the West. I think he is being fired because of the mess that is Inhuman.

Wacker is a snarky asswipe online, but he's one of the best comic editors around and I'll be forever grateful for pulling together big weekly projects like 52 and Brand New Day, as well as always taking chances on unique artists for big books. I don't know anybody else that would have let creators like Emma Rios, Marcos Martin, Chris Bachalo, and Eric Canete on the main Amazing Spider-Man title, but I'm glad he did.

Vibranium

Banned
You can't slavage the wreckage of Loeb. A Butterfly flaps its wings in the East causes a hurricane in the West. I think he is being fired because of the mess that is Inhuman.

Rafa I never knew you were so deep lol.

I'm still holding out hope that Animation will make a comeback out of pure hope :p. They just need a new team of competent animators who can work on a tight budget, and heralded comicbook writers. And the Inhuman disaster wouldn't be something to take Wacker down, though maybe he got tired of the interference with the book.

Wacker is a snarky asswipe online, but he's one of the best comic editors around and I'll be forever grateful for pulling together big weekly projects like 52 and Brand New Day, as well as always taking chances on unique artists for big books. I don't know anybody else that would have let creators like Emma Rios, Marcos Martin, Chris Bachalo, and Eric Canete on the main Amazing Spider-Man title, but I'm glad he did.

I agree, he takes risks and they usually pay off. He knows his shit.

Look the good it did for them though. One is doing an online comic that you can pay for like you do a homeless person. One had his artistic integrity crushed by Bendis. One doesn't even exist. And the other is stuck with Pretty Deadly? Who came out the winning end???

Wacker leaving marvel would be a big blow. Best editor in comics by far

Dude was the editor behind johns GL and 52. Plus all the street leek books a marvel

Travel Foreman and Jeff Lemire had pitched DC on a Doom Patrol book but it was rejected. Foreman has released some artwork.

Edit: This is a miscommunication. There was no actual pitch. The artwork is for a Foreman project that is similar to Doom Patrol.
Don't stoop down to Mark Millar's level, don't rip off company characters and release them in the indies.

These movie execs have to be functionally ignorant or something. It reminds me when Vince McMahon didn't know Razor Ramon was a riff on Tony Montana and thought Scott Hall had created it on his own. "Who's this Flash Gordon fella. Is that some secret government space traveller from the 50's? My mother used to tell stories of him." Now I have another idea for a comic!!!

Joking? Can't tell.

Scott and X-23's relationship echoes Jean and Logan's. It's brilliant storytelling, only possible in the Mighty Marvel Universe, where continuity is still a thing.

#FireDidio

#NoWaitILikeABunchOfDCBooksNow

Not joking. I was just showing my ass. My knowledge of the X-Men is mostly limited to the movies and the 90's cartoon. Thanks for breaking it down.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
If the Wacker move does one thing I hope it weakens Loeb's dogmatic stance on cartoons not having any continuity less they confuse children. Spectacular Spider-Man was great because of how it kept building on well-seeded plot points throughout the series.

kswiston

If the Wacker move does one thing I hope it weakens Loeb's dogmatic stance on cartoons not having any continuity less they confuse children. Spectacular Spider-Man was great because of how it kept building on well-seeded plot points throughout the series.

Kids don't even care if they understand what is going on. They just want to see cool things happen.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Kids don't even care if they understand what is going on. They just want to see cool things happen.

I don't believe that. I loved it when there was a three-parter in Amazing Spider-Man or the X-Men cartoons and when I missed an episode in-between it just made me more curious. Continuity doesn't exclude cool stuff from happening either.

Wasn't a big fan of the streamlined art style, but if it allowed for all those great fight sequences, it was worth it

and Josh Keaton's got a perfect younger Peter Parker voice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom