• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2013. Celebrate liberty with the ultimate patriotic superhero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
cureious what young justice books are you hoping for.

seems its jsut teen titans and superboy for now

Superboy doesn't fall under Young Justice. It falls under Superman.

Young Justice was Teen Titans, Hawk and Dove, Static Shock, Blue Beetle, Legion of Super Heroes, and Legion Lost.

I really don't know what they could add to it, at the moment, that would be successful. I suppose they could slide Vibe over into it.
But let's be honest. It's getting canceled

Edit: WTF am I talking about? Shazam obv. Young Justice line redeemed.

Batman Inc #12 was Mecha-Frank Miller Batman vs jetpack-wearing Evil Damian Batman, drawn by Chris Burnham

which is another way to say the shit was good

tim1138

I'm all over an Ostrander penned Others book.
And look, a new Lantern status quo starts in Oct! Didn't that just happen last month...?

I'm all over an Ostrander penned Others book.
And look, a new Lantern status quo starts in Oct! Didn't that just happen last month...?

I understand what you are saying but I think that's just marketing speak. And I think I can appreciate a relatively short event compared to a drawn out one.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I knew Ostrander would write The Others book after his May issue. Two Aquaman books, feels good man.

I haven't read Ostrander's issue yet, but I dug his work in the Star Wars universe around 2000-2002 before I quit. I'd be happy to see him join DC for a book.

Im think Dial H is over but incase its not, im done with it. Way too out there for my taste. I dont know what I just read. Its like when Im reading it it goes in one ear and out the other.

8bit

Knows the Score
I often wonder whether anyone in the UK actually reads Captain Britain, I've rarely met anyone who even recognised the name, let alone actually read it.

Depends on the age of who you're asking I think, Alan Moore's run is pure superhero awesomeness but it's about 30 years old.

Damian Wayne mini-series written/drawn by Andy Kubert? Man what

Y9dVNY4.jpg

Twist that knife you assholes...

Tizoc

By Others, you mean the ones from Aquaman right? I don't get why they're so popular all of a sudden.

Jumped into Detective Comics with todays issue #22 and Im pleasently suprised. I like this new villian and the artwork is great and writing is solid. Looks like this could be the start of a worthy foe for Batman.

Quake1028

Batman '66 was a shocker to see available today, and it was really, really good. Loved it, captured the campy dialogue perfectly. And the art was fantastic as well.

The Adventures of Superman 1-10 were really good as well. The three parter from Matt Kindt really stood out, but all of them at least offered something of value, and many of them were excellent in their own right.

Damn good lunch hour.

tim1138

By Others, you mean the ones from Aquaman right? I don't get why they're so popular all of a sudden.

I enjoyed their story when Johns introduced them last year and Ostrander's one shot about them was awesome. It's a cool mix of characters.

Dan

Rafael Albuquerque is joining Animal Man with issue #24.

SEbzFjn.png

Weird. I wonder if the American Vampire hiatus is getting longer. Albuquerque jumped on Batman backups and now Animal Man, but supposedly part of the hiatus was designed to let him get way ahead on art and allow him to do all issues, rather than some other artists fill in on standalone issues and short arcs.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
If you're not reading it, check out "Superior Foes of Spider-Man." It's pretty solid with great writing, and an interesting concept.

cxtjWgZ.png

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The Wake's only 10 issues, so outside of AmVamp Snyder's only writing Batman and Superman, unless there's stuff I'm missing

It could be Snyder's a bit stuck and wants to take a little more time to get it right. Or it could very well be that Albuquerque has caught up and is ahead already so he can handle another book.

If you're not reading it, check out "Superior Foes of Spider-Man." It's pretty solid with great writing, and an interesting concept.

I feel like it could be the next Hawkguy, only starring bad guys.

cxtjWgZ.png

I was pleasantly surprised by this. It was actually intriguing and just plain fun without feeling like a cheap Hawkguy-ripoff. Definitely following this one.

Finishing off my DC books for this weeks pick-ups.

Green Lantern #22 was fun. I cant say it did anything amazing but I cant really nitpick it either. It was simply just fun which I thought #21 was the same way.

Trinity of Sin Pandora #1 was interesting but
if it wasnt for the very last panel, I would have no idea it had anything to do with the DC universe.
Good art and a cool look of RL history tied into the DC world.

Owzers

Hmmm i think Superior Foes will be a book i buy the trade of for Marvel.

The wait begins. Marvel is fairly speedy with trades though, unlike DC.

Owzers

hope u like 4 issue hardcovers lofl

Nope!!!!! Actually that and digital codes were the reason i started all 3.99 books i was interested in from marvel monthly. I highly highly highly expect Spider Foes to get a paperback first release now that marvel revamped their trade line to have fewer hardcovers. Even superior spider-man is getting paperback collections first

Nope!!!!! Actually that and digital codes were the reason i started all 3.99 books i was interested in from marvel monthly. I highly highly highly expect Spider Foes to get a paperback first release now that marvel revamped their trade line to have fewer hardcovers. Even superior spider-man is getting paperback collections first

yeah i was jus kiddin

Heh, Superior Foes is the last book ive read out of my pick-ups and you all hyped it up too much. It was good but my expectations were raised too high. Probably the opposite effect of most readers.

tim1138

Rafael Albuquerque is joining Animal Man with issue #24.

SEbzFjn.png

Weird. I wonder if the American Vampire hiatus is getting longer. Albuquerque jumped on Batman backups and now Animal Man, but supposedly part of the hiatus was designed to let him get way ahead on art and allow him to do all issues, rather than some other artists fill in on standalone issues and short arcs.

Sweet, I wish Foreman was coming back but I'm not gonna complain about Albuquerque.

Dan

It could be Snyder's a bit stuck and wants to take a little more time to get it right. Or it could very well be that Albuquerque has caught up and is ahead already so he can handle another book.

Yeah, who knows. I was just very surprised to hear something about him drawing a different book before hearing about American Vampire's return. I'm not going to complain about more Albuquerque anywhere, especially on a book I dig.

Battle of the atom:
is that night crawler wolverine ???
On the WatXM cover? People have been speculating that it's
the future son of Wolverine and Mystique. But since Logan would probably rather swim laps in a pool of lava than stick his d*ck in that crazy b*tch again, I'm more inclined to believe it's Dog's, because he's a Logan too and he's actually on her team..
I'm probably wrong, though, because drama drama drama.

dan2026

So is there only one issue left of Batman Inc?
The end of Grant Morrison's Batman?

Feels like the end of an era, how long has it been?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom