• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2013. Celebrate liberty with the ultimate patriotic superhero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, I know I'm totally lttp on this, but can someone tell me what this Forever Evil thing is?
DC's major crossover event for the year. The heroes bicker and fight each other while their villains get their sh*t together and take over, Legion of Doom style. Solo series, spinoffs and crossovers galore.

At least, that's what I've gotten from it.

kswiston

DC's major crossover event for the year. The heroes bicker and fight each other while their villains get their sh*t together and take over, Legion of Doom style. Solo series, spinoffs and crossovers galore.

At least, that's what I've gotten from it.

Sounds like Dark Reign. It's funny how often Marvel and DC swipe ideas from each other's events.

ElNarez

Banned
That sounds like an epic cash-grab attempt.

Yeah but to be fair "X-Men from the past and from the future show up and EVERYONE FIGHTS" or "The Avengers and X-Men all act widely out of character and EVERYONE FIGHTS" can also sound like epic cash-grabs attempt.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Okay, I know I'm totally lttp on this, but can someone tell me what this Forever Evil thing is?

Some kind of event focused on villains spilling out of Trinity War. Somehow the Justice League and big heroes are sidelined or put out of commission allowing villains to go hog wild.

There's a 7 issue main series, plus a trio of 5-issue miniseries:
* Forever Evil: Rogues
* Forever Evil: Arkham War
* Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S.

Owzers

Justice League #21 was fun, like most of comics-gaf i'd like a Shazam book by Johns/Frank, it's my third favorite dc book outside of Wonder Woman and Batman Inc. It's also my last issue of Justice League for a bit since i'm not buying into Trinity War, Villains Month, or Forever Evil.

Some kind of event focused on villains spilling out of Trinity War. Somehow the Justice League and big heroes are sidelined or put out of commission allowing villains to go hog wild.

There's a 7 issue main series, plus a trio of 5-issue miniseries:
* Forever Evil: Rogues
* Forever Evil: Arkham War
* Forever Evil: A.R.G.U.S.

Eh. I dunno. If it looks decent I may try out the main series. Fuck the minis, though.

I just cut my pull-list nearly in half after wanting to for so long.

Dysun

AAAA SHIT
SHIT SHIT
SHIT

DALRYMPLE VARIANT FOR DEADLY CLASS

SDFh5Co.jpg

FFFFF
AAA
AACK
Remender retweeted you, I saw it in my feed lol

Detective Comics #22 was my favorite of the week. How has the whole series been? Has it been the same creative team the whole time?

snorggy

Anyone read Satellite Sam? Sounds interesting.

Also Comixology Revival and American Vampire sale. My wallet cries. But at least it was a light week for me otherwise.

Detective Comics #22 was my favorite of the week. How has the whole series been? Has it been the same creative team the whole time?

Nope. The secondary batbooks have all had many teams. Many issues of Detective since the new 52 started have been bad or mediocre.

tim1138

Has the new Question been in anything yet since that free comic day thing?

The Phantom Stranger and the first issue of Pandora. He either has or will be showing up Constantine as well.

Speaking of which, I really enjoyed Pandora and Phantom Stranger has quietly become a good book.

Nope. The secondary batbooks have all had many teams. Many issues of Detective since the new 52 started have been bad or mediocre.

Thanks, Ill just stick with this arch. Anyways, saw this on twitter.

Scott Snyder (@Ssnyder1835) tweeted at 6:10 PM on Wed, Jul 03, 2013:
And TO BE CLEAR: Rafa doing A-Man will NOT affect the return on AMERICAN VAMPIRE. All worked out ahead!
(https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/status/352550025580134400)

The Phantom Stranger and the first issue of Pandora. He either has or will be showing up Constantine as well.

Speaking of which, I really enjoyed Pandora and Phantom Stranger has quietly become a good book.
Oh really? I liked Pandora and almost flipped through the new phantom stranger. thanks

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Sounds like Dark Reign. It's funny how often Marvel and DC swipe ideas from each other's events.

That's what I thought. Dark Reign turned out pretty well all things considered, a lot of books had some great stories. That might be too much to hope for here though.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Guys, Batman, Inc. So fucking good! That beatdown on
babyhead
was super satisfying. Burnham nailed that issue and the mech-frame was badass. I feel like everytime Bats gets into a large metal suit, great shit happens.

Also, Dial H is still incredible if anybody wants to know.

Read through the juicy number one issue of Mercy Sparx. Too bad this wasn't on more of your pull lists. What a fun character. And I'm not usually one for the angels and devils stuff, but these character work in this world.

See some folks mentioning Twitter. Anyone want to drop their handles? I could use more comic fans to follow. Mine is @m4quinon.

Owzers

dcbs updated with the next pre-order list, as much as i gripe about Villain's Month a lot of those books do look interesting, but i don't think i'm buying any of them :( Every book being 3.99 msrp, no digital combos for anything, it's very questionable.

only books on special i'm getting:

Infinity Hunt #1 of 4
Reality Check #1
Sex Criminals #1
X-Men Battle for the Bendis #1
Zero #1

maybe no trades this time either unless i get BPRD Vampire tpb 50% off, but i'll likely buy the digital issues from dark horse when they are on sale to match the 1946,7,8 i bought from the last sale.

Justice League of America #5: last issue for me since i'm bailing on trinity war upfront, it was okay, i'm not too interested in team building books and Trevor making the case for the team.

arkon

Just catching up with my comics again. Got a huge backlog now, especially since I decided to pick up X-Men Legacy based off of the first two issues. It's my kind of comic and Spurrier is doing a really wonderful job with it.

The only other thing so far that I want to mention is Dial H #13. Fantastic issue and might just be my favourite single issue of the year so far. I would love to see Mieville tackling some other DC properties or even just going all out with a creator-owned book.

Still got to catch up on Hawkeye, FF, Young Avengers, East of West, Manhattan Projects, Prophet, the Transformers books..

Comics! :D

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
The only other thing so far that I want to mention is Dial H #13. Fantastic issue and might just be my favourite single issue of the year so far. I would love to see Mieville tackling some other DC properties or even just going all out with a creator-owned book.

Comics! :D

I'd love a Perdido Street Station comic or one based in the Bas-Lag universe.

Owzers

with angel and faith, dial h, thanos rising, and batman inc over i'm at 37 ongoings, roughly...if i also drop all dc books outside of batman and wonder woman Xo

tim1138

The art on Green Arrow never fails to impress me. The story has also started to pick up.

That spread when Ollie's mind is literally blown, I said wow.

krypt0nian - welcome back to ComicsGAF, brah. Now sell me on the Movement. You and GrandHarrier say good things but my friend who worships Simone hates it. What's the story?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Batwoman combines basically everything I love in comics. It's my book for when I'm having a shitty day. It always makes me amazed at what people can do with ink. I may turn squealing fanboy if I ever run into Williams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom