• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoilBreak

Banned
New Avengers Annual was probably the best annual I read. And that's not counting how Marvel has lowered the bar with them. It's either this brah Frank Barbiere or Kieron Gillen that will write the Dr. strange ongoing.

Kieron is a strange fan and did said his next marvel book is a "enormous opportunity" so my money is on him .

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
New Avengers Annual was probably the best annual I read. And that's not counting how Marvel has lowered the bar with them. It's either this brah Frank Barbiere or Kieron Gillen that will write the Dr. strange ongoing.

They really injected some pathos into the Doctor. I would happily pick up a Barbiere/Rudy Dr. Strange series without hesitance.

Company-wide or just the Bat-books?
Bat-books. Checking her portfolio, she worked on other books from time-to-time but was primarily an editor for the main Bat-books: Batman, Detective, Batman & Robin, Batgirl, Nightwing, Harley Quinn, etc. Worked closely with Marts which is probably why she jumped ship once his position at Marvel was secure.

fertygo

Super edgy?
I don't believe you have read much of Cassie then. Just because she had a shit childhood and character development, doesn't make her edgy.

What other word to describe her then?
Stoic, dark, etc.. in the end her batgirl just redundant with Batman.

dan2026

What other word to describe her then?
Stoic, dark, etc.. in the end her batgirl just redundant with Batman.

I don't get your reasoning.
Batgirl should always be the thematic opposite to Batman?

That is traditionally Robin's place. By your reasoning a cheerful, upbeat Batgirl is made redundant by Robin.

I don't have much to add to the conversation, but you have my sword, Dan

Your support will not go unrewarded.

I don't have much to add to the conversation, but you have my sword, Dan

kZ04QFJ.jpg

Owzers

Bat-books. Checking her portfolio, she worked on other books from time-to-time but was primarily an editor for the main Bat-books: Batman, Detective, Batman & Robin, Batgirl, Nightwing, Harley Quinn, etc. Worked closely with Marts which is probably why she jumped ship once his position at Marvel was secure.

do we know what she's working on at Marvel? edit: Google tells me X-men and GOTG stuff.

fertygo

I don't get your reasoning.
Batgirl should always be the thematic opposite to Batman?

That is traditionally Robin's place. By your reasoning a cheerful, upbeat Batgirl is made redundant by Robin.

You know damn well Dick/Robin upbeatness isn't close to Batgirl at all, she's the most fun loving heroes in Gotham.. and she usually have more down to earth monologue, Cass's batgirl is just another Batman and I don't have interest in that.

Messi

Hmmm, I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. I thought it was completely awful from beginning to end. What did you like about it? The art was okay I guess, if a bit bland

I just thought it was enjoyable. I got a few chuckles out of it. I enjoyed the art. It was nothing special but it wasnt bad looking. I felt it was a nice set up for bigger adventures. That said, I dont read much if any GotG

dan2026

You know damn well Dick/Robin upbeatness isn't close to Batgirl at all, she's the most fun loving heroes in Gotham.. and she usually have more down to earth monologue, Cass's batgirl is just another Batman and I don't have interest in that.

You clearly feel very strongly about this so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Anyway thanks to DC my Batgirl is probably gone for good, so I suppose its kind of a moot point.

Messi

Me and Rafa are here today to announce our new ongoing dc series 'Batgirls' starring all of the Batgirls sans Cass. Kipp is on art duties.

The new costume and visual approach to the series is pretty much tailor-made to elicit this kind of reaction. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to also find out that dozens if not hundreds of Batgirl cosplayers are feverishly sewing together their new outfits for the next con.

Smart, really. I don't think it's any coincidence that the new costume reminds me of Kamala's.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Me and Rafa are here today to announce our new ongoing dc series 'Batgirls' starring all of the Batgirls sans Cass. Kipp is on art duties.

Are you the James Tyniman IV to Rafa's Scott Snyder?

I really want Marvel to release an OHC of Superior Foes. I'm really looking forward to reading the series, but I have a feeling it'll get the OHC treatment so I don't want to pick up the trade.

I don't know if there will be an OHC but I hope it gets one, the series really deserves it.

The stuff with Shocker in this arc has been amazing. Besides the filler issues there hasn't been a single issue I didn't love. I still can't get over the fact that a series like this would be my favorite Marvel book. It's so awesome.

I think I died at least three separate times, that one included.

I might have to go read it again right now, I was cracking up the entire issue.

Anyone keeping up with GOTG? Has it improved at all? (Last issue I've read is 10).

Trial of Jean Grey was excellent...even if you don't read ANXM, it's worth your valuable time. Sadly the book has been a bit meandering ever since, but I keep reading it anyway. I'm crossing my fingers that Bendis has cool plans in store for Best Venom, but his introduction - to say nothing of Captain Marvel's - was somewhat awkward.

Gotcha. It's funny that as soon as she leaves, we get "Batgirl in Williamsburg!".

quarantine it so no one escapes into other books.
I'll forever curse Katie Kubert and Mike Marts for turning in 29 issues of crap Nightwing. Not sure how much of a role Kyle Higgins played but I remember him saying he was quite editorially restricted on the book. Still can't believe they turned a charismatic and interesting character like Richard Grayson into a boring and mediocre person. I'd go as far as saying that even Devin Grayson's run was more entertaining than this nonsense that we got...

This has to be my one Nu52 regret. Previously Grayson was the front and center of the DCU after the big 3. Literally everyone knew him and he was on good terms with all. Now it's like no one even knows who he is... although the new book is a good step in the right direction I just wish he'd pop up in all books like he used to do so.

It really is odd how dark Simone's Batgirl has been. Who could have predicted that? There are still a few features of the new costume I don't like, and she definitely looks way too young, but the new direction is exciting. I'm sure I'll check it out next time I hop into some DC books.

arkon

@GailSimone · 10h
I might as well come out and say it, I am writing a new book called World's Finest Asses and it stars Nightwing, Booster Gold, and Catman.

I would give this a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom