• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| July 2014. Lots of stores on the way to San Diego sell deodorant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cassie Cain will always be the best Batgirl.

Never seen the appeal of Babara in the role. She was perfect as Oracle, so of course they got rid of that.

Incorrect answer. The best Batgirl is the team-up.

tumblr_m7m624WIIN1rs0y1io4_250.png

tumblr_static_4gvs9rdjes6ckw4wgkwscckk8.png

tough_crowd_by_duss005-d6b5jyd.jpg

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
With all this talk of Batgirl, what are the best Batgirl comics (preferably in collected form)? Something light and upbeat would be preferable, so probably Babs Batgirl.

I don't think she was ever Oracle in the N52.

The timeline seems to be she becomes Batgirl not long after or around the time that Dick is Robin. At some point Joker shoots her in the spine and she is wheelchair bound. During this time she has a bunch of surgeries, and physical therapy to be able to walk again. At the start of the N52 she decides to become Batgirl again. Least this is how I've taken it.

I don't remember any mention of her being Oracle in the N52, but I could be wrong.

Oh okay, cool. My only knowledge of that whole situation was the sentence or two Jedeye wrote that I replied to. This makes much more sense than my timeline. :p

Me and Rafa are here today to announce our new ongoing dc series 'Batgirls' starring all of the Batgirls sans Cass. Kipp is on art duties.

Yesss. I'm finally making it to the big time. I knew it was only a matter of time before I got an ongoing. Comics superstardom, here I come.

Rich is running rumors from a Marvel source again... Supposedly you can look for more Bat-book talent at Marvel's X-books, Mighty Avengers is getting canned as the Avengers books consolidate, and Gary Frank is back st Marvel for something big at SDCC.

Tizoc

Spike or whoever is writing the next thread, just want to mention that my book of the month is Transfromers: More than meets the eye #31.

Also the Stephenie Brown Batgirl run was indeed excellent, made me like the character a lot.

Rich is running rumors from a Marvel source again... Supposedly you can look for more Bat-book talent at Marvel's X-books, Mighty Avengers is getting canned as the Avengers books consolidate, and Gary Frank is back st Marvel for something big at SDCC.

Damn, I'm pretty fond of the current Mighty book, but there are definitely too many Avengers books right now.

Kipp

Batgirl Year One is such a fun read, can't recommend that enough for anyone looking for a fun Babsgirl story.

Sweet! I'll try to pick that up on IST soon.
The collection it's in also has Robin Year One. How's that? I'll get the collection regardless, but just curious.

Sanjuro

Going through stacks of largely Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles comics I didn't even know I had. Tons of duplicates.

Found a list when I made my TMNT collecting trek back from 2002-03. I bought so many issues for $.25-2.00 at Mile High Comics. Now? They are all around $25+ or so.

Owzers

dcbs added Grayson #1 and 2 to my order...so i will get to see what this commotion is for myself. It's going to be weird if the dc editors migrate to Marvel. How many times can you kill Logan in a month?

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
I dig. Garry Brown did good work on Iron Patriot.

I think his Iron Patriot work is incredibly sloppy. At points it's good, like the splash page as Rhodey is drowning. But overall, it just felt rushed and lazy.

I think his Iron Patriot work is incredibly sloppy. At points it's good, like the splash page as Rhodey is drowning. But overall, it just felt rushed and lazy.

It was a grower for me, but stuff like those splashes and that part in particular turned me around.
20140424-192914.jpg

Wish i could find a better quality version. The part right after as he struggles to get back to air was really well done. hm, I gotta pick up the rest of the issues. Ales Kot thinks it's his worst work at the moment, but shit, I still like it even if he's right

Kipp

She's in Batman Eternal. Except she'll be using her Spoiler persona again.

...Wait. Is "Spoiler" her actual character name? I always thought you guys were talking about some "big reveal/back from the dead" character who would be a spoiler to just mention their name as appearing.

That just shattered my entire universe.

tim1138

...Wait. Is "Spoiler" her actual character name? I always thought you guys were talking about some "big reveal/back from the dead" character who would be a spoiler to just mention their name as appearing.

That just shattered my entire universe.

Hahaha, that awesome.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
It was a grower for me, but stuff like those splashes and that part in particular turned me around.
20140424-192914.jpg

Wish i could find a better quality version. The part right after as he struggles to get back to air was really well done. hm, I gotta pick up the rest of the issues. Ales Kot thinks it's his worst work at the moment, but shit, I still like it even if he's right
Do you have a link to him saying that? It's true, but it's still an entertaining, if empty, read. Each issue is too light on content for a Kot book.

I just read what's been released of Original Sin so far and it is indeed quite good. Marvel's on a hot streak with crossovers and events.

The endings are usually where things fall apart with Marvel events, though. Except for Age of Ultron, which was a complete piece of shit from start to finish. But the last issue seemed amazing at first because unlike the rest of the event, something was finally happening! Then you realized that was fucking shit, too.

Kipp

Me and Rafa are here today to announce our new ongoing dc series 'Batgirls' starring all of the Batgirls sans Cass. Kipp is on art duties.

I present my pièce de résistance. The first preview of 'Batgirls'

Hipster Batgirl:

igMfjTFpzH3q6.png

Because if you're gonna be hip and cool, you gotta smoke.

I should definitely send this to that tumblr.

Edit: LOL dammit. I knew something pretty big was off. Drew the wrong fingers holding the cigarette. Um. I guess she smokes her cigarettes with her pinky and ring finger. That's how damn cool she is.

Kipp

Yo, how much for a print? Art like that deserves to sit within a nice frame.

$300. It may seem expensive, but only 10,000 are being printed, so you know it's a real collector's item. And with the rarity, the resale value's gonna be huge. Hurry! Only 30 are left for sale!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom