• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

COMICS! |OT| October 2013. Ghosts in friendly, vengeful, and gentlemanly varieties!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Maybe that's the case man. I was gonig by this:

They discuss it as a trade on both sides there so I just assumed ha. He does use the word format a little stranglely, I kind of read it as platform. I hope it's the trade, I'm excited for it ha! Link is here: Click

Uggggh haha. I added a bit to my prior comment but just ugggh.

She's only on for the one issue I think, she's responsible for the Batman Annual #2 which had a good idea but wasn't executed in the best way.

WORLDS’ FINEST #19
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art by R.B. SILVA and JOE WEEMS
Cover by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO
On sale JANUARY 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
Desperate times call for desperate measures as Power Girl and Huntress reveal their true origins to this world’s Superman and Batman!

Only took #19 issues! Should be interesting to see what happens when they "come out into the light".

WORLDS’ FINEST ANNUAL #1
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art by DIOGENES NEVES and MARC DEERING
Cover by EMANUELA LUPACCHINO
On sale JANUARY 29 • 48 pg, FC, $4.99 US • RATED T
In one of their first adventures together, Earth 2’s Supergirl and Robin team up to face their world’s Wonder Woman!

Pretty excited for this; Both because Worlds' Finest seems to merit an annual and because the concept sounds fun. Also, Emanuela Lupacchino's art is sogood. Even if it's just a cover.

WF_Annual_1.jpg

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
dc of note, unrandom:

Unwritten relaunch is 3.99
FBP vol 1 trade for 9.99
Batman Lil Gotham vol 1 12.99

If there is a child in your life 3 years or older then you owe it to them and the comic community to get this in their hands. Make new comic readers, etc.

And let me tell you as a professional early childhood educator that children? They love The Batman.

ElNarez

Banned
Man this sure as hell is a fucking list huh.

ANIMAL MAN #24 (guys it's Albuquerque's first issue on the book and it's still good so don't go and tell me DC is all terrible and buy that thing, come on)
BATMAN AND TWO FACE #24
BATMAN SUPERMAN #4
BATWOMAN #24 (This is gonna be a fucking shit-show inside of a trainwreck inside of a disaster, and yet I'm still gonna give a chance to the new guys in a month's time because I am the worst)
FOREVER EVIL ROGUES REBELLION #1
JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA #8
WONDER WOMAN #24 (Again, not every DC book is terrible)

NOWHERE MEN #6 (Motherfucking FINALLY)
ZERO #2

AVENGERS #21
AVENGERS ASSEMBLE #20
CABLE AND X-FORCE #15
FANTASTIC FOUR #13
GUARDIANS OF GALAXY #7
HAWKEYE #13 (Also motherfucking FINALLY)
NEW AVENGERS #11
UNCANNY X-MEN #13
X-MEN LEGACY #18

That's a damn shame, he's been doing good work on that book. On the bright side apparently Bennet's one-shot is about an African-american Talon during the Civil War. Can you say undead Django?

Also what the fuck is Gothtopia? (Thank god Snyder and Capullo are still in the past with Zero Year)

I read the first 4 issues of Talon and thought it was okay, but that right there sounds rad as hell. If it's a one-off and i remember in January I might pick it up.

I'm guessing the Infinity hardcover is going to include more than just the main series, since it's listed at $75. So I think it's a safe bit that the Avengers / New Avengers direct tie-ins will be in there as well. If the quality stays where its been, this will be an easy buy for me. Loving Hickman's writing on this series.

Also, going by DC's January solicits, it looks like Green Team, Vibe, and Katana are canceled.

I'm guessing the Infinity hardcover is going to include more than just the main series, since it's listed at $75. So I think it's a safe bit that the Avengers / New Avengers direct tie-ins will be in there as well. If the quality stays where its been, this will be an easy buy for me. Loving Hickman's writing on this series.

I've been loving Infinity and the tie-ins as well. Will definitely be looking to grab the hardcover when it's available.

Omega

Banned

Also, going by DC's January solicits, it looks like Green Team, Vibe, and Katana are canceled.

It's $48 on Amazon right now.

I'm not sure how Amazon pre-orders work though. If they decide to sell it at MSRP does that mean we'd have to pay the $75?

I'm not sure how Amazon pre-orders work though. If they decide to sell it at MSRP does that mean we'd have to pay the $75?

Amazon usually doesn't sell at MSRP. Games and stuff are one thing, but everything else is usually cheaper. I don't know what they pay, but it's always less than they sell for. They need to make a profit after all... But I can pretty much guarantee that the week the Infinity hardcover comes out, Instocktrades will have it for 50% off at $37.49 during that first week.

Omega

Banned
Amazon usually doesn't sell at MSRP. Games and stuff are one thing, but everything else is usually cheaper. I don't know what they pay, but it's always less than they sell for. They need to make a profit after all... But I can pretty much guarantee that the week the Infinity hardcover comes out, Instocktrades will have it for 50% off at $37.49 during that first week.

Cool. Wasn't sure. I'm still fairly new to comics.

Checked out instocktrades. Good thing you mentioned it because I was just about to buy stuff off amazon and I'd save about $20 buying them from IST.

Owzers

it's going to be hard to justify myself buying the Infinity OHC, presuming i like the rest of it. An omnibus is definitely called for collecting the pre-infinity new avengers and avengers books.

Wool

it's going to be hard to justify myself buying the Infinity OHC, presuming i like the rest of it. An omnibus is definitely called for collecting the pre-infinity new avengers and avengers books.

Do you think they'll make combined omnibuses for stuff like Avengers/New Avengers and All New X-Men/Uncanny X-Men?

Do you think they'll make combined omnibuses for stuff like Avengers/New Avengers and All New X-Men/Uncanny X-Men?

Kind of doubting it. Amazon has listings for separate volumes of Avengers and New Avengers for the Infinity issues. That sucks, I assumed they would be included in the hardcover since Hickman is kinda stressing their importance. Gotta wait for Marvel's January solicits to see what's actually included.

Phonogram is on sale. Buy that sheeeit. Gillen/McKelvie comics about music n' shit, probably McKelvie at his best.

Fuck, I might double dip because the single issues have backups that weren't collected.

I was 10 years old when Batman The Animated Series was out so I don't remember a damn thing. Started watching some episodes tonight to show my wife and man they are still badass. They do not make animated shows like this anymore. She wanted to see the first appearance of Harley so we watched "Jokers Favor" then watched "The Cat and the Claw" part 1 and 2. Really good stuff.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I was 10 years old when Batman The Animated Series was out so I don't remember a damn thing. Started watching some episodes tonight to show my wife and man they are still badass. They do not make animated shows like this anymore. She wanted to see the first appearance of Harley so we watched "Jokers Favor" then watched "The Cat and the Claw" part 1 and 2. Really good stuff.

Watch the Mr Freeze origin episode, it's where the current comics cannon comes from and I'm pretty sure they got an Emmy for that. It's a really great episode.

arkon

They normally have a pre-order price guarantee. So they'll charge you the lowest price that the item was listed at since you placed the pre-order. In some cases they've even refunded me a few pounds after the item was dispatched, because they lowered the price on release day. They might have restriction for which items are considered but TPBs, graphic novels and books seem to be included, as that's pretty much all I've pre-ordered from them.

VeeP

When you get the chance, watch Avengers: EMH, Young Justice, and especially The Spectacular Spider-Man. SSM is better than BTAS ever was.

Vibranium

Banned
When you get the chance, watch Avengers: EMH, Young Justice, and especially The Spectacular Spider-Man. SSM is better than BTAS ever was.

I loved SSM with all my heart but I don't think it was better than BTAS (which is still the standard). Still, it was light-years away from anything Jeph Loeb and his "writers room" could come up with, if they'd bring back Chris Yost (who had a big part creatively with EMH especially) things might improve.

MartyStu

Jesus Christ!

I have been passing since Trinity War. I am not sure I would be able to manage if it were not for Earth 2, Batman, and Batman/Superman.

Anything else not getting sucked into this vortex?

I didn't like EMH that much but a lot of people seemed to. Sub-par VO and animation, plus average stories. That or I just don't care for the Avengers

Avengers is defined by sub-par/mediocre/average stories so all their shitty film and animation endeavors are just staying true to the source material. #realtalk #comeatmefanboys #avengerstrashfranchise

Deprive

SSM better than BTAS lol

BTAS is goat. Like nothing Marvel has animated is touching it.

smh This Avengers:EMH hate. Show started off slow but turned out good, until like the last six or so Loeb eps. Also that theme song that sucks at first, but grows on you until you like it.

ReiGun

SSM is the closest Marvel ever got to touching BTAS, and had it been allowed to continue, could very well have hit that standard. As is though, not really there.

Jesus Christ!

I have been passing since Trinity War. I am not sure I would be able to manage if it were not for Earth 2, Batman, and Batman/Superman.

Anything else not getting sucked into this vortex?
Forever Evil is only confined to itself and its tie-ins, the JL books, and I guess some of the Dark books and Teen Titans. It's not really an all encompassing event; most everything is continuing with business as usual, give or take the odd tie-in.

If there is a child in your life 3 years or older then you owe it to them and the comic community to get this in their hands. Make new comic readers, etc.

And let me tell you as a professional early childhood educator that children? They love The Batman.

Thisthisthisthisthisthis. Our boy is 5 going on 6 in December and this is head and shoulders a mile above all the other superhero kids comics out there (although it has been called to my attention I am missing out with Oz). He loves it, I love reading it to him, the art is freaking adorable and impressive at the same time, the thing is great.I let him keep his comics in his room on his own bookshelf, but obviously, being a 5 year old, they are in...interesting condition. Even the way he turns the pages when I see him reading them alone is horrifying haha just big handgrabs in the middle of the page and tuuuurn. I reckon I'll buy these trades so we have nice versions to keep and read over the long term. And hell, I'll probably read em too.

Anyone who thinks Ssm is better than bats is either joking or looking to troll. if they actually believe that they are insane and good luck getting anyone to agree.

tim1138

The dream is officially dead. Rest in peace Vibe, we barely knew you.

(@alex_segura) tweeted at 9:25 AM on Tue, Oct 15, 2013:
Clarification re: Jan. solicits – final issues for KATANA and VIBE are Dec.'s #10. January is skip month for SUPERMAN UNCHAINED. @DCComics

tim1138

DC really needs to push more for non-batman or supes titles.

Fixed that for you.
Vibe especially could have benefitted from a push. It was a fun book with a diverse cast which alone addressed the biggest complaints most people have against the DCU.

Oh well I'm sure there are 15 more Batman books waiting in the wings to replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom