• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord bombs on Steam with less than 1k players on launch day

Damn, another person reposting this.
gonna cry tobey maguire GIF

zapiks44

That's even worse than Suicide Squad or Redfall. Goddamn, I knew this game would fail, but even I wasn't expecting it to fail this badly.

//DEVIL//

Hooray to diversity and ugly characters !

One way or another, these western Devs and publishers will know that this woke agenda and rainbow shit is not gonna work.

And now they are learning the hard way by losing so much money.

Let’s see who will last more. Normal Gamers or them freaks.

Another western woke closer is pending . Keep bleeding money. Loving it.

Not a single person of my 30+ friends currently online are playing this either. XDefiant at least had 5+ trying it out for a few days.

Haven't seen a single person even mention this in our Discord and again, these are people that tried out XDefiant and seemingly any new onlinr shiny.

jump fail GIF

Success

This is such a cataclysmic flop that I can hardly believe it.

We all knew it would flop but very few would predict a peak of less than 700 players on LAUNCH day.

-Minsc-

Alright GAF, I didn't want to make a new thread for this poll, so I just made one on Strawpoll. Let's see it.

What are the 3 biggest reasons you DIDN'T you buy Concord?​

Where's the "What's Concord?" option?

SkylineRKR

I go on a limb and say this is Playstation's biggest flop in history. They might have some stinkers before the PS3 generation that didn't sell a lot, but this is just pathetic. Especially in this day and age.

SkylineRKR

I think the reason could be rather simple; Sony was desperate for some DEI in their portfolio. Firewalk likely checked all the boxes as did their project. Sony signed them for the sake of diversity, nothing more. They had their GaaS game, and their diversity project, 2 flies. They already purchased Bungie and perhaps could let them work on a GaaS team shooter other than Destiny, but Concord was rather far along. They can deliver now.

The problem is that they, and many others at that, fail to see their audience doesn't fall for this shit. MCU is falling off a cliff for a reason too. They lose sight of their most important audience. The actual content buyers aren't these furries I assure you.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I think the reason could be rather simple; Sony was desperate for some DEI in their portfolio. Firewalk likely checked all the boxes as did their project. Sony signed them for the sake of diversity, nothing more. They had their GaaS game, and their diversity project, 2 flies. They already purchased Bungie and perhaps could let them work on a GaaS team shooter other than Destiny, but Concord was rather far along. They can deliver now.

The problem is that they, and many others at that, fail to see their audience doesn't fall for this shit. MCU is falling off a cliff for a reason too. They lose sight of their most important audience. The actual content buyers aren't these furries I assure you.

Yeah, but sinking that much money into a game solely to prop up a DEI initiative? It's performative at best at most companies - I'm not sure I believe they'd really take that kind of financial risk with diversity as their primary consideration.

Though admittedly, I don't really understand what reason of any sort they'd have to invest so heavily in a studio that's produced nothing in the past. As I recall, Sony's typically been very careful about working with a developer on a few projects and then, only if there's a very strong fit, looking at an acquisition.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Didn't The last of us 2, Spiderman 2 fill that vapid void, tenfold?

On the single player front, yes. But they went all in on GaaS lately. I don't know man. This deal doesn't make a lick of sense otherwise. They saw a huge cash cow in this one. Probably the wrong people at the helm.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I have a secret hard on to buy shit games and play them myself to see just how bad they are.

It’s launch day and their ranked mode still doesn’t work.

There’s definitely enough playing on PS5 and PC to get games of it because the other two play lists launch instantly.

Couldn’t fix this at all for early edition buyers but no one is talking about it. They should’ve refunded deluxe buyers the extra $20.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
The game has less than 600 players on Steam, while it has 16 characters in the game. That post beta tweet said the most played characters were Teo, the flying Chinese chick, and I think the Black guy who looks Deion Sanders.

So the characters used wont skew evenly of course at let's say 35 each.

So there could literally be 100 Teo, 100 flying Asian etc.... and some characters literally being played by 5 people.

Last edited:
Top Bottom