• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Concord is being taken offline on September 6, purchases refunded

sainraja

I'll be getting a dedicated PS5 controller for COD6. I like the look of the Concord controller, but it will be put away with the physical copy for collecting
You should consider getting two... but yeah, putting it away is probably a good idea, since you seem to be a collector.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
It really does not matter. If you can successfully argue that Concord wasn't a greater loss over Redfall and have people here believe you, it's not much of a prize. Sony's pulled the plug and the game does not have a clear future. Redfall still has 10 players active on it right now (as of this post, anyway).
Redfall outlasted concord. And so will dustborn. Even foamstars and gollum too.

sainraja

Redfall outlasted concord. And so will dustborn. Even foamstars and gollum too.
As I said, it really does not matter.. Concord doing better than Redfall or Redfall doing better than Concord isn't much of a prize so why is there even an argument over it?
And if it helps you feel better in this supposed console war, you can have that (whoever feels that way, I mean). :D

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Earlier today....

Jimmy Fallon Omg GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

MiguelItUp

I saw Inside Out 2 yesterday and while it had a good message for teenagers, it was a pretty mid film as a whole. The thing that jumped out is that the main girl is at Hockey camp and all the other players are minorities. One had a hijab on. That's fine, it is what it is, but it's freaking HOCKEY. It's just so dumb how artificial and forced DEI is. Even my gay brother who pays 5 figures a year to be a Disney Vacation Club member notices it and complains about it. It's all just done in bad taste and is distracting. All these DEI things can be accomplished with good stories and characters.

Burger King Kids Club for instance.
vNaTAxF.jpeg
I think it's because Burger King Kids Club came from a more honest and passionate place I feel. At least that's what I'd like to think. A lot of media just feels like it's forcing things for the sake of forcing things. Making it feel like it's not coming from an honest and/or passionate place. At least that's how I look at it. I've never had a problem with diversity and inclusion of course. I've always welcomed it. But much like all things it depends on how it's done. If it's forced or pander-y, it feels strange and out of place, if it revolves more around an honest or passionate place, it's the opposite.

The part I really hate about this is that it just was a fine game. That's it. But no one wanted to pay that kind of money for a "fine" game, especially with the market is filled with better experiences that are free and still very relevant. It looked good, and it felt good to play, but everything else was just so..... bad. So been there done that, so unexciting. It felt like all of the most important things took a backseat. Now it's leaving and you have these "crusaders" talking about how great the game was and they hope it comes back in a better form, which is wild to me. The game did NOT review well, the game did NOT do well, why are these random people coming out to defend the game so hard all of a sudden? Lol.

It reminds me of The Acolyte. Much like Concord, there were people that were upset/mad at it for DEI reasons or whatever, screaming "woke" and all that. But it wasn't THAT many people doing it. The majority just.... didn't like it and thought it was a bad show. If not awful. Much like Concord. You've got people on various "sides" radically raging in their own ways about this and that, but the meat and potatoes is that it was a game that no one cared about. Regardless of how anyone felt about this or that. It didn't fail because of people shitting on its "wokeness", much like The Acolyte didn't fail for the same reasons. People are saying it failed because of similar reasons, but it didn't. It/they failed because no one cared for them, didn't like them, and/or just thought they were awful.

Last edited:
UBI stock has dropped from 95 euro to 15.50 since 2018. And look how far they've dropped since covid years when lots of tech stocks went up and retained all or most of it. They went from 85 euro to 15.50.

If this hasnt taught them anything, nothing will.

s9sZ7HC.jpeg
You and I both know the stock price doesn't have anything to do with if the company is broke or not

Once they start posting massive losses and can longer maintain a solvent financial state is when shit gets real

Quantum253

Gold Member
You should consider getting two... but yeah, putting it away is probably a good idea, since you seem to be a collector.
Thought about it, but 1 of each should be alright. It's more of having a piece of gaming history than collecting ( I cut way back in the last few years).
I've never seen a AAA studio game collapse in 2 weeks and be shutdown.

Nickolaidas

On Gematsu:

Article about a game being announced: 3 comments

Article about a game getting DLC: 2 comments

Article about a game's first gameplay video: 5 comments

Article about Concord shutting down: 211 comments

lmao - everyone and their mother wanted to jump on that game's corpse.

Sweeping this dumpster fire under the rug just 2 weeks in basically says that Sony seems to have learned that very expensive lesson.

After some googling, apparently this is Firewalk studios' first game. Sony acquired it from Probablymonsters in 2023. Buying a studio that has no proven track record and one that has already spent 7 years (at that point) working on their first game feels like an extremely risky decision. What were they thinking? Surely by then they would've known the game looks like crap. It feels like Sony didn't do their homework and got fleeced because the studio had ex-bungie devs.

Jaybe

Sweeping this dumpster fire under the rug just 2 weeks in basically says that Sony seems to have learned that very expensive lesson.

After some googling, apparently this is Firewalk studios' first game. Sony acquired it from Probablymonsters in 2023. Buying a studio that has no proven track record and one that has already spent 7 years (at that point) working on their first game feels like an extremely risky decision. What were they thinking? Surely by then they would've known the game looks like crap. It feels like Sony didn't do their homework and got fleeced because the studio had ex-bungie devs.

Yeah, seems like Sony didn’t figure out why they were ex-Bungie devs until it was too late!

A Concord Eulogy:

All that "don't dance on the graves of those who tried and failed" virtue signalling is BS at this stage. The folks on the far left who live in bubbles of make-believe and see anyone who even remotely disagrees with them as far right nazis are not the folks you try to find middle ground with.

These are the folks you absolutely should point at and laugh at, when their efforts come crashing back down to earth in a hail of fire and brimstone, because they somehow thought they could beat gravity with pronouns and vapid self-insert character designs.

These folks are a minority in gaming. A minority who bullied the masses with threats of being labelled racist/misogynist/all-other-possible-'ists-and-'isms, then deluded themselves into thinking they represent the majority. They're a group who decided to infiltrate every part of gaming and games development, not just to push for minority representation, but to tear down everything that once appealed to the majority demographic, so that in their insensate narcissism, after they've succeeded in destroying that which everyone else loves, they could remake gaming in their own image.

It's clear now that they've failed. And that they will continue to do so. Because the silent masses are not deceived. We will not sit idly and allow these bad actors to ruin the hobby we've supported and enjoyed for decades. We will not accept the infantile under-developed caricatures they want to masquerade as game characters for us to fall in love with. And we will not support game projects whose creators market their products by shitting on us, calling us every extreme pejorative under the sun and consistently tell us that the games they're making are not for us.

Well... they and their ilk have seen the size of the gaming market that they actually make their games for. 927 on Steam. Versus the over 100m core gamers who just want to sit down and enjoy a little escapism that isn't infused to the brim with left-wing political propaganda.

Jaybe

Lots of commercial failures with a running theme...

CbFUzkq.jpeg

6DMXq8i.jpeg

u0kwHXC.jpeg

Ny7PDbK.jpeg

XkYCO4s.jpeg

IDK it's starting to feel like maybe the demographic least likely to play video games isn't the one you should be centering your characters around. Just a thought

Watch this space...

pUowFRk.jpeg
OLVhXsL.jpeg

CJ2MZvy.jpeg

Seems like Concord’s Character Director was heavily afflicted by white guilt (based on his tweets) and these characters were his way to make reparations.

Cuz its checks 2 boxes, its a female and a minority representation. Reason you barelly see any black dudes cuz they are still males. It just shows how all these studios follow the same DEI script and why they games are so devoid of creativity.

True but let’s get more Latin women and Indian women then instead of always just Black women. I guess Star Wars Outlaws and GTA 6 are a step in that direction at least.

I don’t know who in the right mind made a decision to make this game so ugly.
to me this is really the fascinating aspect of this failure.

because this art direction and overall vision for the IP had to pass several filters inside Playstation (market research focus testing and all that shit)..... and it was approved.
gaming media of course is not going to talk about it... but clearly on social media has been a huge taking point
i don't think any company want to attach their brand/IP to negativity; especially when the outcome results in financial losses.

nial

I still can't believe the shutdown date. Two weeks later, on the same fucking day as another first-party release. They're REALLY trying to pretend that this never happened.

Last edited:

Aenima

Seeing similar talking points as Zhuge from Schierer and others (below), must’ve been told what the coordinated message is from their superiors… they just can’t stand the anti-DEI crowd taking the W

fauKbXE.jpeg
For the ones that dont know how to speak "retardera" i traslate: "Thers a discussion to be had about why Concord failed, but if we dont agree with your opinion, and your are not part of our echo chamber, you will be perma banned. Now lets all discuss by saying the same thing."

Quantum253

Gold Member
I still can't believe the shutdown date. Two weeks later, on the same fucking day as another first-party release. They're REALLY trying to pretend that this never happened.
I'd be interested in a breakdown from leadership. It's why this differs from other failures. Something just hits different. It's a combination of several things, but I would really like to hear Sony's explanation (business/Public relations/customer) side if this thing. It's September, getting into the prime holiday release windows

nial

I'd be interested in a breakdown from leadership. It's why this differs from other failures. Something just hits different. It's a combination of several things, but I would really like to hear Sony's explanation (business/Public relations/customer) side if this thing. It's September, getting into the prime holiday release windows
Wait until Sony Group's FY 2024 IR next year for *maybe* some info.

Quantum253

Gold Member
For the ones that dont know how to speak "retardera" i traslate: "Thers a discussion to be had about why Concord failed, but if we dont agree with your opinion, and your are not part of our echo chamber, you will be perma banned. Now lets all discuss by saying the same thing."
But, why is any negative opinion considered "far-right" some people find it visually unappealing

samoilaaa

pKoECPt.png

This has probably already been posted but I can't help laughing at the utter insanity.

'This game was never meant for you ... I hope you're happy it failed'

tkTPhyl.png
i understand that it wasnt for me but from the looks of it it wasnt for them either because if all the lgbtqabcdef would have bought the game they would have had decent sales

but obviously they dont care about a game made for them

Top Bottom