• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Copa América Argentina 2011 |OT| South America is Best America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corto

Noshino said:
Advantage rule.

Dude, the ref let the play keep going because that ball was almost in. No one would have thought that he would miss that.

And the ref made the right decision as that play looked better than having Colombia kick a penalty

Nope. There's no advantage rule with penalties. That's a mistake from the ref.

jamesinclair said:
Pull out your antenna, every Telefutura has been HD since the world cup.
I'm going to have to fuck with that - might be weird since I'm in an apartment though. Let me do some research. Thanks for the heads up.

Socreges

Banned
Noshino said:
Advantage rule.

Dude, the ref let the play keep going because that ball was almost in. No one would have thought that he would miss that.

And the ref made the right decision as that play looked better than having Colombia kick a penalty
Refs NEVER play advantage in the 18-yard box. That was a penalty. Simple. Horrible call. Should have been a red card, too.

HORRRRRRRIBLE miss by Moreno, though.

Another miss from Colombia wtf

Argentina playing completely open, and Colombia still won't score, lol

edit: yet another miss lol. But that went to the goal at least.

Slizz

Aside from the should there/shouldn't be a penalty talk, how bout how pedestrian has this Copa America has been... another game knotted at 0-0.... Not for the lack of chances, however overall this has been a snoozefest of a cup. No doubt it will pick up but how long?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Messi what?

Slizz said:
Aside from the should there/shouldn't be a penalty talk, how bout how pedestrian has this Copa America has been... another game knotted at 0-0.... Not for the lack of chances, however overall this has been a snoozefest of a cup. No doubt it will pick up but how long?

This match has been awesome regardless of the draw. Lots of chances.

Noshino

Corto said:
Nope. There's no advantage rule with penalties. That's a mistake from the ref.

Insane Metal said:
There's no advantage on Penalties.

Socreges said:
Refs NEVER play advantage in the 18-yard box. That was a penalty. Simple. Horrible call. Should have been a red card, too.

HORRRRRRRIBLE miss by Moreno, though.

It was almost a free fucking goal, it was him against the goal.

A penalty had higher chances of missing, the ref did him a favor.

Fry

You know when you say that Messi sucked for Argentina?

Now you can say that the whole team sucks, :p

Oveja Negra said:
Wow, what an excellent game, despite the lack of goals, so far the best of the tournament, imo.
I didn't watch Mexico and Chile but this one is really good indeed.

Colombia is going strong but they lack the talent to get the goal.

Salsa

Colombia is playing a really smart game.

Again, they just lack focus when attacking, they fool around too much.

moai

great game. there is no advantage on the box, should have called the penalty kick and sent off the defender.

K1LLER7

once again levezzi has been poor along with banega. aguero and pastore (if he's there) should start next half. Colombia should be 2 up here.

7aged

Bring on Aguero

kumkum.jpg

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I can't believe Batista still think 3 defensive midfielders is a good idea...

moai

K1LLER7 said:
once again levezzi has been poor along with banega. aguero and pastore (if he's there) should start next half. ecuador should be 2 up here.

i know the kits are similar but still...............

Socreges

Banned
Noshino said:

No. A penalty is a penalty. If you're suggesting that he just played "advantage", then you're also suggesting that the ref is negating the fact that it was an auto red card.

Argentina should be down to 10 men, regardless of anything.

Socreges said:
No. A penalty is a penalty. If you're suggesting that he just played "advantage", then you're also suggesting that the ref is negating the fact that it was an auto red card.

Did you saw the fault against Tevez? That was a red card too.
The referee is just playing safe in terms of cards.

Corto

Noshino said:

And to the Argentina defender too. Saved him from a red card.

Noshino

Socreges said:

Im not, I said so in this very thread that a red card should have been issued.

And as for the ref' call, while I actually think that a penalty should have been given, giving him the advantage was okay by all means. And Im watching ESPN and Univision and critics on both sides seemed to also have agreed that it was okay (but that a card was deserved).

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Estos troncos no juegan a nada che. =/

skybaby

Noshino said:
Im not, I said so in this very thread that a red card should have been issued.

And as for the ref' call, while I actually think that a penalty should have been given, giving him the advantage was okay by all means. And Im watching ESPN and Univision and critics on both sides seemed to also have agreed that it was okay (but that a card was deserved).
No such thing as advantage in the box, it's the rule.

Kaervas

Banned
Riquelme volve :(.

Apparently the world cup shock served no purpose. Argentina still doesn't play as a team.

Batista la concha de tu madre, como vas a poner a milito defendiendo que es suplente hasta en el equipo de mi barrio.

Saca a la momia zanetti, al pelado cambiasso y a lavezzi que se olvido como jugar al futbol. Baja a banega y manda a pastore. Dios mio, que se vaya grondona asi va bianchi o ramon diaz como dt.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Kaervas said:
Riquelme volve :(.

Apparently the world cup shock served no purpose. Argentine still doesn't play as a team.

You cannot build a team around Messi especially when even Barcelona is not built around Messi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom