• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cops in standoff w/couple in car shoot them dead...turns out the couple was sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unconscious Afro-Americans are the most dangerous according to myth and legend

While sleeping, their minds can tap into a specific wavelength of demonic energy that is summoned into the physical realm. These manifestations are known as "Stands".

Luckily, these good ol' boys in blue managed to neutralize the threat outside of the Stand's effective range.

Until you need them, right?

tumblr_inline_ml9mn6jvQe1qz4rgp.gif

Sick burn, bro!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Unconscious Afro-Americans are the most dangerous according to myth and legend

While sleeping, their minds can tap into a specific wavelength of demonic energy that is summoned into the physical realm. These manifestations are known as "Stands".

Luckily, these good ol' boys in blue managed to neutralize the threat outside of the Stand's effective range.
Thus goes the tale of the negros last stand

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Why do I fear they opened fire the moment one of people finally woke up? The cops see a vague sense of movement while behind cover and feel threatened.

andthebeatgoeson

Fucking cops trying to make an origin story? Pray those kids become lawyers or senators one day.

The only person to blame is the one who pulled the trigger.
It's so repulsive, you want to start questioning the initial contact. How does sleeping becomes suspicious? From the cops perspective and the caller's perspective?

Fuck this goddamn gang of roaming pigs. That's all I can say.

So what can't you do when your black without getting shot? Basically anything?

This same situation happened 18 years ago in '98. Black girl sleeping in a car, weapon on her. Cops enter the car, she wakes up, grabs the gun, then gets shot 12 times. Her name was Tyisha Miller.

On December 28, police received a 911 call from Miller's cousin, who said she was unconscious in her car with a handgun in her lap. The officers arrived and tried to retrieve the gun, according to their report, and said they opened fire when Miller allegedly reached for the weapon.

Riverside County District Attorney Grover Trask last month said a thorough investigation showed that the four officers -- Daniel Hotard, Wayne Stewart, Michael Alagna and Paul Bugar -- should not be held criminally liable for the shooting.

Federal investigators are still looking at the case.
http://www.cnn.com/US/9906/12/riverside.firing/

Cops are more anxious and trigger happy with black people, let there be no more denial of this fact.

Her killers were fired but faced no criminal prosecution
The Justice Department's civil rights division said Thursday it had found insufficient evidence to prosecute four white Riverside police officers involved in the 1998 shooting death of a 19-year-old black woman who passed out in her car with a gun in her lap.

"Tyisha Miller's death was a terrible tragedy," said Assistant U.S. Atty. Gen. Gerald Boyd. "Our decision to close this investigation does not signal approval of the conduct of these officers, or indeed any official opinion concerning their conduct, but the bottom line is that our investigation, which was conducted conscientiously, has not revealed enough evidence to support federal criminal prosecution."
http://articles.latimes.com/2002/dec/13/local/me-tyisha13

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Im not from the us and i know that periodically this kind of stories pop up, but this is ridiculous, makes the us police look like a third world country institution.
This been the standard since the institution of law enforcement in the US. literal gangs

grimmiq

It's depressing that I'm no longer shocked by shit like this. 7 kids now without a parent. They'll get off with a paid vacation and likely return to work in 6 months to a hero's welcome.

MartyStu

I REFUSE to believe that there is not more to this story.

My belief in the inherent good of humanity REQUIRES that there is more.

So...charges?

Or do we have to protest, riot, boycott, sit in, block traffic, and disrupt society before that happens?

People bitching about being 5 minutes late for work? This is why. Because NOTHING comes of these stories until black people make a story out of it. If this isn't picked up on CNN...it'll disappear within a day.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I REFUSE to believe that there is not more to this story.

My belief in the inherent good of humanity REQUIRES that there is more.

You just described one of the main reasons that this is allowed to happen.

So...charges?

Or do we have to protest, riot, boycott, sit in, block traffic, and disrupt society before that happens?

People bitching about being 5 minutes late for work? This is why. Because NOTHING comes of these stories until black people make a story out of it. If this isn't picked up on CNN...it'll disappear within a day.

If you do the bolded, people will just say "Think of the hypothetical children!" and run around the actual point like the diet racists they are.

Randam

No but I mean what are you doing for 45 minutes in a 'standoff' with people that are asleep.

Like how did that happen.

yeah, did they shout at them to get out of the car?
or were they just waiting?

if you shout and noone answers, maybe they didn't hear you.

or they really thought, they were up to something, when they didn't response.

- J - D -

They used military grade rifles on the sleeping couple. Is that standard fucking procedure?

It was evident from shell casings at the scene that military grade rifles had been fired.

"I know weapons, I know that sound," said Alfonso Parker, Jr. who described himself as a Vietnam War veteran, and said he could hear the shots from his home. "You don't use that crap on your own people."

Holy hell, it's baffling and none of it seemingly adds up in any way that might possibly look justified.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
If you do the bolded, people will just say "Think of the hypothetical children!" and run around the actual point like the diet racists they are.

My personal favorite:

*Some asshat breaks a window*

"Why did the protesters break property? Now the message is lost and I don't have any sympathy for the protest."

My personal favorite:

*Some asshat breaks a window*

"Why did the protesters break property? Now the message is lost and I don't have any sympathy for the protest."

"I respect your right to protest, but can you guys please move off to the side where we can safely ignore you?"

low-G

O/U on zero consequences for the police? It's not just that they murdered two sleeping people for being black while sleeping. It's that they have a good chance of getting away with it. I feel like this is (another) litmus test. If we can't convict people for this, there really are no limits.

Next step is police officers killing an elementary school full of children.

After that, white children.

Then we get a Game Over screen as China wins Civ 2561 with economic victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom