• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

mxgt said:
That 360 footage looks pretty good. I was going to say maybe it's PC footage being played with a 360 pad.
i thought people had seen acheivements pop up during the gameplay? that'd confirm the 360 version.

Norml

Screencaps from 360 SP youtube.Looks no different than multi IMHO.
tmbGb.jpg

iCwf8.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Norml said:
Screencaps from 360 SP youtube.Looks no different than multi IMHO.
http://i.imgur.com/tmbGb.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iCwf8.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
But people are swearing by it and claiming lots already. I ain't seen anything that has made me notice such things.

On a positive note, I just got Crysis Warhead for 10 on the EA Store.

mxgt

Banned
CozMick said:
So, 360 = PC or PC = 360?

Obviously not.

There's no proof in that video that it isn't the PC version being played with a pad, is there?

If it is really the 360 version then that's some impressive work done by Crytek.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Foliorum Viridum said:
I can't believe somebody is posting screens from a Youtube video for comparisons. Jesus christ.

Do you know how badly encoded videos are on Youtube?
Good or bad others area clamoring to it :p

Norml

Foliorum Viridum said:
I can't believe somebody is posting screens from a Youtube video for comparisons. Jesus christ.

Still does its purpose in showing enough.I you have direct feed post em.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Foliorum Viridum said:

Plus, only low quality PS3 videos are allowed to be criticized right?

Norml said:
It doesn't do the job. I could turn a game down to low, upload a video and post a screenshot from it and it would be hard to tell what settings and quality the graphics were.

It's literally the worst way possible of trying to compare graphics.

Norml said:
a screenshot from a youtube video hides any dynamic stuff that is supposed to be this engine's strength, and really screws up the image quality at the same time. it doesn't tell us anything more than watching the video and it tells us a whole lot less.

Nizz

S1kkZ said:
i know you are under an embargo but can you say something about the framerate?
the mp beta demo on 360 was fine, the new mp demo has an awful framerate.
You talking about the PS3's MP right? Yeah, that framerate was awful. Awful. There's a glimmer of hope in me that the SP framerate is at least comparable to the 360's SP. That can justify me buying it for SP, but not till at least $30.00.

Norml

Foliorum Viridum said:
It doesn't do the job. I could turn a game down to low, upload a video and post a screenshot from it and it would be hard to tell what settings and quality the graphics were.

It's literally the worst way possible of trying to compare graphics.

The video says the same to me so doesn't really matter.Capture is fine imo,taken at MP would look same.

sleepykyo

belvedere said:
Plus, only low quality PS3 videos are allowed to be criticized right?

Well quite a few posts in the PS3 demo were actually pretty positive based upon the youtube and gifs until people actually got in a game.

S1kkZ

purple cobra said:
You talking about the PS3's MP right? Yeah, that framerate was awful. Awful. There's a glimmer of hope in me that the SP framerate is at least comparable to the 360's SP. That can justify me buying it for SP, but not till at least $30.00.
no, the new 360 mp demo has a constant stutter and does not run with solid 30 fps like the beta mp demo.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
What happened to brainstew? Did he get banned? I've been expecting him in this thread.

zorbsie

Just got my copy. Can't wait to play this after work. Hopefully the single player campaign is longer than Homefront and KZ3. Master race version will have to wait for a steam sale.

LiquidMetal14 said:
But people are swearing by it and claiming lots already. I ain't seen anything that has made me notice such things.

On a positive note, I just got Crysis Warhead for 10 on the EA Store.
It's simple. The level is like 10 times bigger, with lots of AI characters, decals, physical objects, vegetation, etc...

Norml

Foliorum Viridum said:
Well I really think you shouldn't try and compare graphics using that as your source, but hey.
But that is where the hype is at now,small youtube.It's no wonder there are no direct SP screens yet.

aegies

S1kkZ said:
i know you are under an embargo but can you say something about the framerate?
the mp beta demo on 360 was fine, the new mp demo has an awful framerate.

Usually fine. I hesitate to commit fully until I play retail today though (and yeah, embargoes).

Norml said:
But that is where the hype is at now,small youtube.It's no wonder there are no direct SP screens yet.
Yeah but any comparisons you try and make will be completely wrong, so what's the point?

Wait a few days and then we can make comparisons with FRAPS and direct captures.

Nizz

zorbsie said:
Just got my copy. Can't wait to play this after work. Hopefully the single player campaign is longer than Homefront and KZ3. Master race version will have to wait for a steam sale.
Which version did you get if I might ask? Would love to hear impressions, especially if it's PS3.

Davidion

Rengoku said:
Lol, are those bullet casings part of the ground texture? That has to be the 360 version then.

Those are casings? I thought they had to be scratches on the ground. LOL

Anyways, from that video the graphics look good for 360, but only decent for PC; again the low res videos really kills it, so one would have to see how it runs in full proper res before judgment is made. Also, what's with the vasoline filter? I thought they're not going that route?

The gameplay loooks...eh. None of it really looks dynamic and it all seems to be pop-in-pop-out-shoot-shoot-maybe-toss-a-nade kinda stuff. There doesn't seem to be anything much different than COD with a little cloak here and there.

Final release will tell, I suppose.

[Nintex]

Khronikos said:
This game is a generation or more behind KZ3 or U2. Enough said.
Give ND or GG a High End PC and Crytek will no longer be anything but a memory mark my words. I expected a game close to KZ3. Not even close.

Khronikos said:
I suspect the 360 would edge out the PS3 as it's in their blood code to work for that line.
Fascism here anyone. I'll take a teabag for two.

CoD and R2 are doing 60 FPS R2 without drops so....
Every time I look up at the sky in C2 I just say yeah, and KZ3 kills this shit

Shit needs to grow up and get real.

That demo was NOT in the same universe as KZ3

Turn 10 made this a sin and I have plenty to say about GT5, though it still looks plenty better than anything Forza 3 did.

Anytime you want to go fuck yourself you let me know so I can watch, eh?

Why cannot a civil argument be had here without some snide comment to someone personally?

That is nowhere near trolling. That is truth.... Despite KZ3's framerate at times it's on a different scale. This isn't system wars on N4G. I simply don't like the game. Am I supposed to make a new topic?

though I have spent time on a PC at 60 FPS and it did not feel THAT different from what little of R2 I played.

Jesus fuck man. Already, quit commenting on my comments and I will bow out and leave you people to worship if that is what you please or don't please. I'm having a beer.

How am I looking the fool? Make some observations. Everything I have stated is basically truth no matter how much the fanboys cringe.

Your fear that is. Your fear that this game sucks.

I gave you my games: KZ2, KZ3 by a country mile, B2 and Halo Reach. All games that look better than this game in many ways.

At the least R2 doesn't drop frames and that is STILL something to be proud of at least in my playtime.

Nevermind I am older than god knows how many people on here or that I have been through schooling and whatever else you must dictate to that special place Americans, etc. like to call success in their insipid material fantasy.

Negative and positive must be kept in check or we end up with the Wii. Ha. Haha. Joke?

And really, U2 being 2009. You is joking, right? I am not going to bother to offend that poster

It's pretty fucking obvious to me how the game looks on my professionally calibrated 42 inch local dimmer. I don't need to know specifically about meshes or anything of the sort to see the Vast difference and gulf between this and KZ3.

Fanboys that cannot handle this game

Everything I have stated is basically truth
*EXPLODES*

I had a dream that I found Crysis 2 in the children's book section at Barnes and Noble. It was already opened, but had one of those security tags on it. I spent the entire dream wanting to take the disc out of the case, but there were guards that kept staring at me, so I was paranoid the entire time. I woke up when I was finally about to take it out.

The funny thing is that I'm not that excited for the game.

JoeBoy101

-Yeti said:
I had a dream that I found Crysis 2 in the children's book section at Barnes and Noble. It was already opened, but had one of those security tags on it. I spent the entire dream wanting to take the disc out of the case, but there were guards that kept staring at me, so I was paranoid the entire time. I woke up when I was finally about to take it out.

The funny thing is that I'm not that excited for the game.

Well, it sounds like your subconscious is interested in some degree. Or is it just a metaphor for something else?

Norml

Foliorum Viridum said:
Yeah but any comparisons you try and make will be completely wrong, so what's the point?

Wait a few days and then we can make comparisons with FRAPS and direct captures.

Is another way to look at SP besides the video.And to me,can see if any major difference is there even if compressed.

JoeBoy101 said:
Well, it sounds like your subconscious is interested in some degree. Or is it just a metaphor for something else?

You know, honestly I'm kind of interested in how the Singleplayer will play, but I really don't have any interest in the Multiplayer after the demos.

I'll be renting the game, that's for sure.

pixelbox

TUROK said:
That would mean a complete failure of the entire engine. Seriously, this is just silly. Trying to discern bounced lighting from all these crappy captures (compressed + gamma issues) is a bad idea and should be left to GAF. - AlStrong

Lol.
Your the type that believes any and everything you see/hear without researching it, aren't you? And FYI, Originally Posted by NotTarts-"Looks great. No GI, though." Can you see the GI in this video:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8730SR1POk ? Do you need a high rez capture to see it? LOL

S1kkZ

blazinglazers said:
Wat? The 2nd mp demp on the 360 performed, responded & looked better than the 1st.
no it didnt. i am talking about the beta mp demo, not the closed alpha demo from last year.

zorbsie

purple cobra said:
Which version did you get if I might ask? Would love to hear impressions, especially if it's PS3.

I got the 360 version. Looks like there is no online code. Weird, I thought all EA games had one. Maybe it's part of the LE download code.

Top Bottom