• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Crysis 2 |OT| This is what happens Larry...

Dash Kappei said:
Beside, I'm not too bugged out by the pq (not too fond of the soft look of course) the things that irk me about the graphics are all related to DX9 only, lacks of tesselation in particular. Are there already mods out there?
If I try the autoexec how quick would it be to go back on default, just by deleteing the thing or it comes with some settings-swiper like some past cv exec for Crysis did? Can't access the OP's heaviness right now, I'm on the NDSi's browser ffs :p
For what aspects of the game you want tesselation?

Just copy the autoexec to the games folder. When you dont want to used rename it or delete it.

Vitet

After a lot of tests with AA this is what I discovered

This shot is with EdgeAA=3 and postMSAA=1

Not bad, but a bit blurry
fjj5sj.jpg

This is 2xMSAA and 4xSGSSAA via Inspector. It was blurry but LOD = -0.125 fixed that. Notice the sign or the fence in this one
ic5ph5.jpg

And performance is great, so I'm sticking with the 2nd option

Talafas

Neo Member
Finally finished the campaign! Most fun I had in a single player FPS since HL2. Really enjoyed the gloomy atmosphere.

Played the campaign on veteran and skipped the "enhanced stealth" upgrade as I see it as too much of an easy mode switch.

But i can't understand why they put those four stealth Ceph just in the last encounter, i was looking for stealthed enemy's throughout the campaign...

Vitet

I expect a future expansion with more of what you say on that spoiler.
Maybe you can keep some upgrades. Problem is
how to fit the expansion with current story

Nizz

RoboPlato said:
I've probably said it before but I just have to reiterate. Despite the annoying bugs, occasional framerate issues, and some braindead AI I can't stop playing this game. When I keep loading up missions after 3 back to back playthroughs and keep finding new approaches, seeing new things, having a lot of fun, and I keep thinking about the game when I'm not playing proves that the game is really something special.
Same here. Defeated the game on normal, veteran and super soldier difficulties and I still go back through different missions. Now I'm going through the game to get more SP trophies. On super soldier difficulty I did spend most of the time cloaked, which even at that difficulty the game seemed easy.

NBtoaster

Talafas said:
encounter, i was looking for stealthed enemy's throughout the campaign...

You do see them earlier
inside the burning library(?) in the level "Train to catch". They just stare at you and stealth away..

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Refreshment.01 said:
For what aspects of the game you want tesselation?

Just copy the autoexec to the games folder. When you dont want to used rename it or delete it.
What do you mean?
Improved sense of the geometry's detail, much better object "popping" and getting rid of the flatness (surfaces, water, effects) where some parts of the game are afflicted by the lack of proper displacement mapping.

Kyaw said:
It's just a notepad file.

You just copy paste things, if you dont like it, delete the file and Crysis 2 should load up the default one as soon as you load the game up

Ahah, thanks mate, super convenient then but as I've said I didn't get the chance to even look at the thing.
Will try it out tomorrow :)

Dash Kappei said:
What do you mean?
Improved sense of the geometry's detail, much better object "popping" and getting rid of the flatness (surfaces, water, effects) where some parts of the game are afflicted by the lack of proper displacement mapping.
Asked because much of the things you want the tesselation for are independent of the API use, in the sense that they looked better in Crysis 1 even when it was running on DX9, ocean water and paralax oclusion mapped surfaces for example. Some puzzling decisions made by Crytek really. Characters and structure geometry look great though in Crysis 2 even withouth tesselation.

To sum it up and avoid any confusion, even without DX11, some of the things you complain about could have looked better taking the first Crysis as basis.

nib95

Banned
Trojan X said:
What's the latest word on the DIRECTX 11 patch?

This. It's the only reason I haven't played the campaign on PC yet. Probably should have just waited on buying it, but at £22 it was still a great deal.

Gvaz

Banned
Hrm yep. I beat it in 8 hours, somewhat interesting story but everything in the game bored me to tears unlike the first crysis.

Stackboy

Now that the game has been out for a few weeks, do owners of the game think the MP will last longer than the initial window for new titles?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Stackboy said:
Now that the game has been out for a few weeks, do owners of the game think the MP will last longer than the initial window for new titles?
I doubt it. On PS3 the community has already dropped the point where the only people playing are totally overpowered compared to everyone else and it's almost impossible to find a game that isn't laggy. It was alright the first few days and I had a lot of fun with it, but now it's just kind of worthless. The SP still has me playing, though.

Dash Kappei said:
Is it worth using the autoexec? I can run the game at 57fps average on my 5850 on extreme @1080p, I think that's pretty incredible considering Warhead gives me around 30fps with 2xAA.
Beside, I'm not too bugged out by the pq (not too fond of the soft look of course) the things that irk me about the graphics are all related to DX9 only, lacks of tesselation in particular. Are there already mods out there?
If I try the autoexec how quick would it be to go back on default, just by deleteing the thing or it comes with some settings-swiper like some past cv exec for Crysis did? Can't access the OP's heaviness right now, I'm on the NDSi's browser ffs :p

Do it. Game looks/performs so much better with autoexec settings.

sleepykyo

Stackboy said:

Shorter would be my guess. Too much of a penalty to being a new player.

-Lvl 3 perk systems
-Various modes locked off
-Limited starting arsenal

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Refreshment.01 said:
Asked because much of the things you want the tesselation for are independent of the API use, in the sense that they looked better in Crysis 1 even when it was running on DX9, ocean water and paralax oclusion mapped surfaces for example. Some puzzling decisions made by Crytek really. Characters and structure geometry look great though in Crysis 2 even withouth tesselation.

To sum it up and avoid any confusion, even without DX11, some of the things you complain about could have looked better taking the first Crysis as basis.
Did I say things couldn't possibly look better in DX9 anyway? However it is undisputable what DX11 would bring to the table, if you don't see that then maybe you just don't want to. It's a fact, there's not much room for an argument really.

Edit: just noticed I sounded a bit like an angry nerd-jerk there, that was not my intention at all.
I just meant to say that while I agree with you, and never said the opposite of what you claim, DX11 support comes with marginal to pretty big improvements however you want to look at it :)

BoobPhysics101 said:
Do it. Game looks/performs so much better with autoexec settings.

I will! But I'm more than ok with how the game performs (I play on a pj so anything more than 60fps is overkill) but I definitely look forward on inproving the looks ;)

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I am majorly stuck. I am in the level where you have to find the conduits and I have found 2 of them but it says the third one is underground. I have wandered for over an hour and found no way to reach it. Halp!

highrider

Banned
Deadly Cyclone said:
I am majorly stuck. I am in the level where you have to find the conduits and I have found 2 of them but it says the third one is underground. I have wandered for over an hour and found no way to reach it. Halp!

follow the blue marker. i think it is down the elevator shaft if it's where i'm thinking of.

Veal

Deadly Cyclone said:
I beat that part today. You may have skipped the first one, which is before you get to the wide open area.

Dyno

RoboPlato said:
I doubt it. On PS3 the community has already dropped the point where the only people playing are totally overpowered compared to everyone else and it's almost impossible to find a game that isn't laggy. It was alright the first few days and I had a lot of fun with it, but now it's just kind of worthless. The SP still has me playing, though.

Yeah, I played it last night and thanks to the killcam you can tell that there is quite a bit of lag. I'm performing actions that just don't make it into the game. I want to like it more but I am at the bottom three of the rankings almost every match whereas in other games I tend to sit in the top half. So far I'm Level 14 and it's getting to be a really slow grind.

IronRinn

Has anyone figured out how to alter the sprint speed? Popped in the original over the weekend, and while, years later, it still doesn't click with me I did like the warp-speed running.

Meanwhile, on my third play-through of this one. Trying to avoid stealth this time and see how that goes.

Clott

Trojan X said:
What's the latest word on the DIRECTX 11 patch?

I came in the thread to ask this, I won't pay the premium price if they still haven't released the full product, is there really no word on it?

How about a price drop?

GlamFM

Banned
Played it again yesterday. Online is still fun - people are getting really good. Too bad hardcore ( or was it realistic? ) mode is still so far away. I will probably not make it there.

I´m worried that it sold really bad - There are only around 450k players in the online leader board.

Is there solid sales data somewhere?

Clott said:
I came in the thread to ask this, I won't pay the premium price if they still haven't released the full product, is there really no word on it?

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=22276

Cry-Tom said:
We would like to announce that there will be a DX11 patch released for Crysis 2. We are working to get the best out of DX11, so we’ll wait to announce the features until a little closer to release.

GlamFM said:
Played it again yesterday. Online is still fun - people are getting really good. Too bad hardcore ( or was it realistic? ) mode is still so far away. I will probably not make it there.

I´m worried that it sold really bad - There are only around 450k players in the online leader board.

Is there solid sales data somewhere?

People are definitely getting good; this is a game that weeds out casual players pretty fast. Even my roomate, who likes online shooters, can't handle the extra armor dynamic. I've kept up fine, but after playing over 20 hours my kd ratio is just around 1.1 which is considerably lower than most mp games I play. People are starting to use the the slide a lot more and it can actually be really useful in some situations.

Its definitely a difficult mp to get into (especially at this point since everyone is already leveled up), mainly because a lot of the best modules aren't immediately available. If you push through with this one its definitely worth it...the online gameplay takes some serious skill and rewards you for it.

Oreoleo

Stackboy said:
Ta, think I'll give it a miss (until it shows up super cheap in a steam sale).

Which is exactly when the MP will hit it big on PC.

Anecdotally, 6 out of my 190 steam friends own Crysis 2. I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for a nice sale/price drop on it.

scitek

Orellio said:
Which is exactly when the MP will hit it big on PC.

Anecdotally, 6 out of my 190 steam friends own Crysis 2. I'm sure I'm not the only one waiting for a nice sale/price drop on it.

I don't think I'm friends with you on Steam, but I bought it from Direct2Drive because they had a 20% off coupon code. Maybe that's the case with some others, too. I use Steam to launch the game, though.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Athene gives me ulcurs. Not because "the way he is" rather that people find him funny.

Nekrono

Reese-015 said:
Athene knows how Crysis 2 should be played.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYG_lP1OAhA
Holy shit that was a good laugh.

"HARDCORE mother fucker!"

"Look how realistic this is... you might as well be in the city right now"

"You upscale! I just supersample this shit!... I play the game sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-sharp!"

"The only reason that you don't know what a real computer is all about is because you haven't grown hair on your balls... just like Justin Bieber"

LOL.

This shit is too good, and his accent makes it better lmao.

Oreoleo

scitek said:
I don't think I'm friends with you on Steam, but I bought it from Direct2Drive because they had a 20% off coupon code. Maybe that's the case with some others, too. I use Steam to launch the game, though.
Fair point, I honestly hadn't considered that. But then I'm one of those Steam-only nut jobs :p

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Oh man, I played through MW2 again the other day (which I actually do like from a gameplay standpoint) and I couldn't help but compare it to Crysis 2. I wanted to shift modes and climb around so badly while playing through it. Anyone who says Crysis 2 is aiming for the CoD crowd is dead fucking wrong.

Cornbread78

RoboPlato said:
Oh man, I played through MW2 again the other day (which I actually do like from a gameplay standpoint) and I couldn't help but compare it to Crysis 2. I wanted to shift modes and climb around so badly while playing through it. Anyone who says Crysis 2 is aiming for the CoD crowd is dead fucking wrong.

The aiming definately feels more like BFBC2 and MoH. Almost feels like DICE put it together, lol.

I think level 50 and unlocking everything will almost be impossible to obtain. I've only played for a few hours online and barely scratched level 10. You can do that in one night of CoD....

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Nekrono said:
Holy shit that was a good laugh.

"HARDCORE mother fucker!"

"Look how realistic this is... you might as well be in the city right now"

"You upscale! I just supersample this shit!... I play the game sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-sh-sharp!"

"The only reason that you don't know what a real computer is all about is because you haven't grown hair on your balls... just like Justin Bieber"

LOL.

This shit is too good, and his accent makes it better lmao.
I wish i had that accent :(

Top Bottom