• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls |OT| Monokuma and Co.

Steel

Banned
Started playing and I feel like
I shouldn't have run out of Komaru's room right away. Was there a file or something in there to miss?

Roto13

The vita danganronpa theme's background music is far too intense for a menu background imo. Should've used like this or something

Most themes have obnoxious background music. I just turn it off.

Started playing and I feel like
I shouldn't have run out of Komaru's room right away. Was there a file or something in there to miss?

There's nothing anywhere in the prologue.

Isotope

bpbfAI6.jpg

So much despair, so little time. Finally getting a chance to play this today!

bender

What time is it?
My collector's edition shipped today. I'll probably pick it up digitally when I get my 10% off coupon from the Summer Game promo.

Past

Hmm, I can't open any apps/multitask when the game is open for some reason. It says to close the game if I want to open another app. I can't even look at my friend list, trophies or messages...

Roto13

Hmm, I can't open any apps/multitask when the game is open for some reason. It says to close the game if I want to open another app. I can't even look at my friend list, trophies or messages...

Yeah, same for me and I guess everyone. Super weird.

Are this game's trophies on the server for anyone else? They don't show up on my PSN Profiles... profile or my PS4 or anything besides my Vita. I definitely synced them today.

Hikami

Huh. Well my game just arrived in the mail but it still says "Preparing Shipment" on Amazon.. okay then. Anyways, time to finally play.

Shizuka

Yeah, same for me and I guess everyone. Super weird.

Are this game's trophies on the server for anyone else? They don't show up on my PSN Profiles... profile or my PS4 or anything besides my Vita. I definitely synced them today.

It's been like this ever since review codes went out, they'll likely go up during the release week.

Croc

Banned
Y'all, I bought this game earlier and was so excited to play it and now I can't find my vita. And I need to work at 6 in the morning so I have to go to bed now which means I'm going to be at work all day tomorrow wondering if it's lost for good T-T

Kinsei

Banned
Alright, just got the chance to download this. Before I start, just how hard is Despair Mode?

So far not very thanks to very generous heart drops during the one fight where I took a lot of damage (the first boss) and enemies not being a threat at all. I did die once though as I walked into a self destructing enemy like an idiot.

Labrys

I'm bad with stick shooters so I went with normal mode but Despair mode seems pretty tame towards the beginning from what I've heard.

It's a great localization so far. I'm just a tad worried about how they're going to handle a few things, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

So far not very thanks to very generous heart drops during the one fight where I took a lot of damage (the first boss) and enemies not being a threat at all. I did die once though as I walked into a self destructing enemy like an idiot.

Not particularly so far for me. I'm in the midst of Chapter 1 though, so it might pick up.

I'm bad with stick shooters so I went with normal mode but Despair mode seems pretty tame towards the beginning from what I've heard.

It's a great localization so far. I'm just a tad worried about how they're going to handle a few things, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Alright then, Despair it is

kgtrep

Feels quite different from DR1/2, like the tempo in story exposition or something, but the cut scenes have been consistently great so far. Starting Chapter 1 now.

Yasumi

Banned
It's using the Vita's extra unlocked RAM. The weird thing is the Japanese version didn't. Waiting on my English version to compare performance.

Labrys

It's using the Vita's extra unlocked RAM. The weird thing is the Japanese version didn't. Waiting on my English version to compare performance.

I've noticed frames dropping in some areas, but it's been mostly smooth. Granted there was an explosion going on when they dropped the first time, but it was pretty noticeable.

Yasumi

Banned
I've noticed frames dropping in some areas, but it's been mostly smooth. Granted there was an explosion going on when they dropped the first time, but it was pretty noticeable.
The part when you're leaving the restaurant? Not surprised.

FluxWaveZ

That's pretty much the only part of the game where that happens for everyone.

Edit: At least, if it's the part referred to above. It tends to happen when there's a lot of activity on screen, which happens rarely throughout the game.

D-Man

Currently more than halfway through Chapter 1 right now and the game is a blast. I wasn't a big fan of Toko in DR1, but she's actually a fun character in this one. Can't wait to see what else the game has in store.

Also, the song that plays when you're outside in the city is my jam. I love it.

bigkrev

Prologue finished. Really sucks you can't use the Twitter app while the game is running, I loved taking screenshots and tweeting them as I went in 1 and 2.

Also, where 1 and 2 seem "normal" at the start, this game starts FUCKED and stays FUCKED all through the prologue. Really like it!

Finding out that Feep voices a character in this series changed the way I look at the games. I just got to the end of chapter 1 lmao.

GoldStarz

About Halfway Through Chapter 1
Well Yuta did say he'd make it to the other side any way he could... Maybe he should've been more specific about which other side he was talking about

Hello despair! Just started it. I hope they explain more about how she was stuck in a building for 1 year and a half in a supposedly fine island?

TP

Best Buy actually came through with the release day delivery

They've managed to fuck up every order i've placed with them, online and in store, since I started shopping there in October. I'm glad they chose this one to get right.

Jintor

feels weird not to be jumping on this asap (is it even out on EU PSN yet?) but I just grabbed MGSV and Ace Attorney Investigations 2 has my VN attention so this'll have to wait for a bit...

Just finished the Prologue.
Goddamn, I wasn't expecting
that Monokuma at the restaurant and the kids playing with a corpse
. That's so messed up. Also having Servant
waking up Komaru just like Hajime was a nice touch. I'm expecting more of his mind tricks in this game, considering where this is located in the DR chronology.

I see Kodaka hasn't lost his touch.

I'm liking these book collectables. The commentary is pretty neat.

Toko isn't as annoying in this game. Her fantasies are kind of funny. Feep must have had a good time recording.

TP

Are sprite rips going to be possible for a vita game?
i'm not at all familiar with this kind of thing

I'm just now realizing the current rips are probably from the psp versions

J3m0PRx.png

Labrys

J3m0PRx.png

All danganronpa 1 and 2 sprites are ripped from the PSP games, yes.
I know 3DS games can get decompiled, not sure on Vita. Im not even sure if image files of vita games can be ripped yet.

Scanna

Something terrible happened last night. I wanted to play a bit before bedding time, booted up the Vita then the game, loaded my save and... nothing. It just prompted me back to the New Game / Load Game screen, even if it specifically said "Loading completed".
I tried to restart the game, nothing. I'll try again tonight, but I am really afraid to have lost everything. I had saved at the beginning of the 5th chapter (not at a duck station but the save that the game asks you to make between chapters), I won't start it again if this is a bug of some kind...
BUMMER

Nothing, my save file must be corrupted. This sucks, it seems I won't finish the game then.

Alfredo

J3m0PRx.png

I've been capturing the hi-res sprites Vita from Danganronpa 1 using a PlayStation TV. It has been a very labor-intensive process. I originally needed the sprites for Danganwrestling, but I plan on releasing the sprites for others to use sometime soon.

Also, it seems like Chapter 4 is when Ultra Despair Girls really picks up. The story was pretty ho-hum up until that point.

Top Bottom