• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls |OT| Monokuma and Co.

The title screen theme has been stuck in my head all day, love it.
Anyone know the name of it?

Not sure but I really hope it's on the soundtrack from the LE. Back when I imported the game last year and first jeard it, it would randomly pop into my head (and still does)

Rektash

dgraetsuad.png

Sad times indeed ;_;

Alfredo

Can someone explain to me what exactly the three stats on Truth Bullet Bling do? Specifically, I want to know what "Effect" does. Does it up the damage of the bullet? Increase the size to make eye shots easier?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sad times indeed ;_;
Damn, that sucks. Hoping the US isn't affected.

Speaking of which, has anyone gotten any kind of update on the status of their LE? Mine still hasn't change from "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS" from yesterday.

BTA

Damn, that sucks. Hoping the US isn't affected.

Speaking of which, has anyone gotten any kind of update on the status of their LE? Mine still hasn't change from "Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS" from yesterday.

Does it still only say your shipping label was created? I asked them for a clearer status on my order (it still said it was processing even though they'd told me it was ready to ship on Monday), and they gave me tracking info and said it was shipped today but that's the status of it on USPS's site.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It said that the shipping label was created on Monday, so I'm thinking with 3-day priority mail, it should arrive tomorrow, maybe Friday.

I checked the status on NISA's store & it said it was completed.

FluxWaveZ

Can someone explain to me what exactly the three stats on Truth Bullet Bling do? Specifically, I want to know what "Effect" does. Does it up the damage of the bullet? Increase the size to make eye shots easier?

No idea. The system is poorly explained and the only real difference that I could tell was the amount of bullets that changed. I thought that there'd be special effects depending on word combinations, but I never found that to be the case other than the fact that certain word combinations increase stats more than others.

I iust got to the first shop myself and, from what I was able to discern, you can increase stats along the lines of speed, range, number of bullets you can hold, etc. I'm gonna try to play around with it.

Effect only determines how many bullets it takes to kill an enemy.

The other two are max amount of ammo you can hold and how fast you can rapid-fire.

Nearly done with chapter 2 right now and I can't say I'm enjoying this too much. The story has been quite weak in my opinion (and I realllllly dislike the kid antagonists), and the game itself, while functional, has been pretty repetitive. The moment to moment writing is generally alright, I just don't feel like there is much pulling it together. Pretty disappointing because Danganronpa 1 & 2 were way high on my GOTY list last year.

I'll stick with it because I'm out of town and don't have much else to play during my downtime anyway, but I sure hope it gets better.

It's using the Vita's extra unlocked RAM. The weird thing is the Japanese version didn't. Waiting on my English version to compare performance.

Thanks for this, I've been wondering why you can't open any "small apps" while playing this, didn't know developers can now access that RAM usually reserved for them. I'm guessing it's a bit like how Monster Hunter 4 and Smash Bros work on the original 3DS, as they disable access to some "small apps".

I'm surprised the Japanese version didn't, though, that's quite interesting. I'd love to know why they made the change.

Nearly done with chapter 2 right now and I can't say I'm enjoying this too much. The story has been quite weak in my opinion (and I realllllly dislike the kid antagonists), and the game itself, while functional, has been pretty repetitive. The moment to moment writing is generally alright, I just don't feel much pulling it together. Pretty disappointing because Danganronpa 1 & 2 were way high on my GOTY list last year.

I'll stick with it because I'm out of town and don't have much else to play during my downtime anyway, but I sure hope it gets better.

Story-wise, it definitely comes together and the last couple of hours is pretty great. The gameplay never totally pans out.

-DanganRonpa 1&2 were 3&2 respectively on my GOTY list last year.
-Obviously hyped.
-Payed off last month.
-But had to go with amazon...with free non prime shipping.
-Still preparing to ship.
-Estimate is between 7th and 11th
-Despair

At least I'm playing more through Code Name Steam in the meantime. Can't wait to get this. Besides being a kinda puzzle word shooter, lots of story, and 3D graphics, I know nothing about the game. No trailers or nothing. The best way to play. :D

L.O.R.D

Anyone with 3.51 or less and trying to play the game, does this game force you to update to 3.52?

For digital user you can download the game from PS3 and use the cable to transfer the game

Drago

My copy finally shipped earlier today. Can't wait for it to show up, I've been waiting too long for this game!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"Your item arrived at our USPS origin facility in COPPELL, TX 75099 on September 2, 2015 at 5:38 pm."

"Expected Delivery Day: Saturday, September 5, 2015"

Nooooooooooooooooooooo, not Saturday. Least I'll have the day off so I can start it, I guess.

BTA

"Your item arrived at our USPS origin facility in COPPELL, TX 75099 on September 2, 2015 at 5:38 pm."

"Expected Delivery Day: Saturday, September 5, 2015"

Nooooooooooooooooooooo, not Saturday. Least I'll have the day off so I can start it, I guess.

Mine also arrived there at around that time, but I don't have an expected delivery date yet. Weirdly, it's saying that I have Priority Mail 2-Day shipping now, so hopefully it'll arrive on Friday? I can't get mail on Saturday and I'm not sure if I'll be able to on Monday either, so... here's hoping.

kgtrep

Finished Chapter 2. Glad that the level boss is gone now, I found
Jataru's speech and self-loathing
most annoying.

I thought it was good that
Makoto
was revealed early at the end of Chapter 2.
It didn't make sense to me why Toko wouldn't say anything to Komaru about him or the DR1 characters whenever someone related to them was introduced.
Maybe I'll now find out why.

On to chapter 3!

ChrisD

Finished the Prologue. This game is already as screwed as the first two, and it just began. Yet in true Danganronpa fashion, you still have silly jokes and references. The Monster Hunter/Demon Hunting logo was ace.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Somewhat middle Chapter one spoilers.

Yuta: HI, I'M YUTA ASAHINA

Toko: :O IDIOT SWIMMER'S BROTHER?

Komaru: H-hi..

Yuta: WE GOTTA RUN

Toko/Komaru: OK

*bridge blows up*

Yuta: I'M GONNA SWIM

Toko: Bro, you cray!

Yuta: I CAN DO THIS

*Yuta swims furiously*

*Yuta's wristband bomb is triggered*

Game: YUTA IS DEAD,LOL

Komaru: ;_;
Did they change Fukawa's English voice? Sounds different.

Sounds the same to me.

Jealous of everyone playing the game right now.

But the tracking info says my LE is estimated to arrive tomorrow, so I'm hoping that holds true and it will be here when I get home from work.

Kinsei

Banned
I just finished the second chapter, and I'm enjoying it. My biggest problem with the game so far is that it's really easy. All of the puzzles are super simple. Even the optional riddle I found in chapter 2 required almost no thought. The enemies and bosses are also no threat at all (I'm playing on the hardest difficulty) which I normally wouldn't have a problem with this but the story makes out the the enemies to be a huge threat.

Hugstable

Banned

*bridge blows up*

*Yuta swims furiously*

Sounds the same to me.

Chapter 1 Spoilers ahoy!

Oh god I just hit this part, I actually thought he would last a bit longer than that considering he's Hina's brother, but lol @ that scene. Dude just wanted to swim to freedom!

Moonlight

Banned
Chapter 1 spoilers:
RIP Yuta, man. Didn't even reveal the fate of his sister before he bit it.

#FreeHina

It's still Erin Fitzgerald, but I remember it was a split role with Amanda Celine Miller.

Miller might not be back, but Erin is definitely in there.
It's definitely Amanda Celine Miller - off the back of Devil Survivor 2, it's very hard for me not to hear her in Toko. Definitely feel she sounds different from how she was in DR1, though, but it's just a difference in voice direction. DR1's Toko sounded much more, uh, manic. That she sounds a lot more put together (occasional stuttering and fantasy episodes aside) does make sense though.

Steel

Banned
He's my favourite of the new characters, though. He's so weird. :p

I mean, I get that that's what they were going for, and they certainly succeeded. In one of the most obnoxious ways possible.

*bridge blows up*

*Yuta swims furiously*

Chapter 1 same subject:

Worst part about the whole scene was the fact that they were wondering how the hell he exploded, when Komaru was specifically told beforehand that her wristband would explode if tampered with. Still, it was a surprisingly quick turn-around for Asahina's brother. Thought they'd at least have him in a couple more scenes.

I just finished the second chapter, and I'm enjoying it. My biggest problem with the game so far is that it's really easy. All of the puzzles are super simple. Even the optional riddle I found in chapter 2 required almost no thought. The enemies and bosses are also no threat at all (I'm playing on the hardest difficulty) which I normally wouldn't have a problem with this but the story makes out the the enemies to be a huge threat.

I'm around the same point, and I have to agree; though there was a modest difficulty bump changing from 1 to 2(still way too easy), so perhaps it gets gradually more difficult.

ChrisD

So uh... Feep, and whoever voiced Toko this time. I don't even want to know how voicing those fantasies felt. Like, I've even read your (Feep's) posts on the matter, and I'm still just... woooooow. :X

Labrys

So uh... Feep, and whoever voiced Toko this time.

Toko's still voiced by Amanda C. Miller and Erin Fitzgerald as Jack. Only voice change for her was for the Anime.
Pretty sure Amanda voices Shirokuma as well. I'm unsure on a lot of the english cast, though, once everything's cleared up I can credit properly.

It's amazing how the game still has a very identical score, the same sprites in conversations,
the execution scenes
, but it really does not feel at all like a Danganronpa game. Relatively wide open space third person shooter from a cramped visual novel I guess will do that. Only about half way through chapter one (
Yuta just got blown to bits
) and I'm liking it for what it is.

Hugstable

Banned
What is this Report Card score at the end of a level? You get a Rank for everything, but one of the things says "report card" and I seem to have only gotten 3/5 in Chapter 1. I don't think it explained anything about this, is there anyone who knows what this requirement is and how it affects rank?

What is this Report Card score at the end of a level? You get a Rank for everything, but one of the things says "report card" and I seem to have only gotten 3/5 in Chapter 1. I don't think it explained anything about this, is there anyone who knows what this requirement is and how it affects rank?

When you get the Detect truth bullet, it explains you can hunt for hidden images of the Warriors of Hope. Find all 5 and have no "retries" the entire chapter and you get a higher score and bonus items

Feep

Banned
So uh... Feep, and whoever voiced Toko this time. I don't even want to know how voicing those fantasies felt. Like, I've even read your (Feep's) posts on the matter, and I'm still just... woooooow. :X
Amanda and I literally randomly saw each other the day after recording (we were in the booth at different times) and it was weird, yo

jonjonaug

Just cleared chapter 4, what a long chapter. This game could've had six chapters instead of five by splitting this one up in the middle I think. Some of the challenges are really finicky. I know I failed a few outright, but there have been several that seem to fail me even when I think I did it perfectly. I ended up with 1/9 score and a D on my report card.

Alfredo

I think the Report Card stuff is for arcade game challenges.

ChrisD

Amanda and I literally randomly saw each other the day after recording (we were in the booth at different times) and it was weird, yo

Can you imagine if this wasn't the case.
Not that you'd want to, but if there's a pro to this it's that you were in at different times lol.

Top Bottom