• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJRB

Gold Member
Yeah I chuckled at the music. DS2 has a mindblowing soundtrack, just use any asset of that you fools.

Shady859

Impending Amazon horror stories of CE start this time tomorrow. Best Buy packs their stuff pretty good so mine are 9/10 and 7.5-8/10 i'd say.

This thing is far bigger than I expected. BTW I can't play it my personal copy is on 360 and store pickup tomorrow. :/
Y5c4tMX.jpg

Fhtagn

I'm pretty sure my entire apartment complex heard about me beating Ornstein and Smough the first time around...

First time I got to the Sanctuary Guardian, I was under leveled, under equipped, and clueless as how to fight it. When I finally beat it, after doing only 60 dmg per hit, having used 19 flasks, I jumped around my living room yelling "Yes! Yes! Yes!"

Luckily my fiancée thinks this sort of thing is cute.

I find it a way, way easier fight now that I understand it, but I'll treasure the memory of doing so poorly against it while still achieving victory.

Voror

I just realized, I don't have any clue what my starting class will be. I usually end up with a sword and shield, but in DS1 I used pyromancy a lot.

I realize I haven't given it much thought either. I might just do sword and shield since that feels like it might be alright for a beginner like me.

HKIDbKa.png

Said release day shipping till I got a email saying its been given to a local delivery partner. Amazon says it get here tomorrow so I'll hold my rage till then.

I'd be happier if it had no date then the 13th. Amazon can't even tell me why the date changed.
Don't let them off the hook. They will give you some credit at the least if you voice your displeasure with them. I just hope this one isn't beat to hell like my Tales of Symphonia Chronicles CE...

Kensuke

Erm... are we playing the same game? I disagree with almost every point you made in those two paragraphs. The first area is so huge and has so many nooks and crannies, that it took me almost two hours to reach the first boss.

I do agree that the world changes its themes too fast. Some transitions are a bit jarring.

So far there is one instance where warping kinda fucks with the progression and I imagine a lot of people getting stuck at that certain point in the game. Other than that, I have no problems with the warp mechanic. The game starts out very open and having the ability to change locations on the fly is great.

Which area are you talking about? Are you talking about
the Forest of Fallen Giants or Majula
? Anyway, I think you may have understood me wrong. The area's do have a lot of branching paths. But very few are huge open spaces, in the way Blighttown is for example. DaK2 is more linear in when you choose one of those branching paths. Example:
Heide's tower offers two paths initially, so in that way it is open. However, even though it kinda looks like Anor Londo, it isn't nearly as big an open space, It doesn't have a ton of nooks and cranies within that space.

I actually don't mind though (yet). I appreciate that it's different.

What other points do you disagree with specifically? I also said there are too many bonfires. Example:
In the Forest of Fallen Giants I've unlocked 3 so far. However, only #2 (with the merchant) feels essential. I never warp to #1 and #3. They are almost pointless. I can also reach those area's easy and fast from #2.

Fhtagn

Maybe just encrypting the save files so they can't be edited as easily? Maybe something subtle we don't notice? Maybe something to do with the lighting. Guess we'll know (or not) soon enough.

Don't let them off the hook. They will give you some credit at the least if you voice your displeasure with them. I just hope this one isn't beat to hell like my Tales of Symphonia Chronicles CE...

Yeah im sure they will, the guy on the chat insisted it will be here. He even told me it was shipping from a place like 30 miles away. They haven't let me down yet so ill stick with them

Kensuke

Soundtrack is not casul. Spoiler about the soundtrack in one area:
There is this very dark area that takes about 30 minutes to traverse where the only sound is this oppressive ominous heartbeat. It's unnerving as fuck.

ironcreed

Banned
Soundtrack is not casul. Spoiler about the soundtrack in one area:
There is this very dark area that takes about 30 minutes to traverse where the only sound is this oppressive ominous heartbeat. It's unnerving as fuck.

Yeah, like the first one. The in-game music is phenomenal.

Mupod

Goddamn future shop still hasn't sent my game even though they charged my card friday morning. I used to get stuff from them a day or more early every time, but of course for the game I'm most hyped for they drop the ball.

I'm gonna go look around tonight, hopefully the Target that opened here recently has it. I can just return my FS copy when it comes someday, I can't wait any longer

ElFly

Worst part is getting home and starting the PSN download tonight. It's gonna be so slow. May as well prepare myself to play tomorrow.

Vlade

I cracked.

I'm getting black armore edition midnight tonight to play, and I've secured a collectors edition for display.

this is the first time I've double dipped on day 1 for display purposes. Happy birthday to me I guess, I hope the game is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom