• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riposte

Its a code on the main page. I know I could redeem the code before but no idea if that was a mistake of them.

Oh, stupid me. I was looking for a Dark Souls specific code. This is probably pointless to ask, but this is fully capable with steam yes? I want to make sure before I inform a steam-only friend or two I know.

Jobbs

Banned
I challenge you all to go dual-wielding.

tumblr_inline_mw2x1bO8Kp1rwipk7.gif

cleric. dual wielding maces once I can find another one.

let's do it.

Gamestop haven't even started processing my order despite the one day shipping. What a joke :/ Had a giftcard but even so it's really silly. Hopefully I can contact them and at least get a shipping refund.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Oh, stupid me. I was looking for a Dark Souls specific code. This is probably pointless to ask, but this is fully capable with steam yes? I want to make sure before I inform a steam-only friend or two I know.

If you read the page I think it says the DRM says Steam.

Scher

Gamestop haven't even started processing my order despite the one day shipping. What a joke :/ Had a giftcard but even so it's really silly. Hopefully I can contact them and at least get a shipping refund.

Speaking of Gamestop, I'm kind of having the same issue. I'm also doing 1 day shipping through them and I have yet to get any notifications. For those who have ordered from Gamestop previously, how have they generally been about shipping games? Do they normally get them late even if you've selected the quickest shipping option?

Megatron

Is anyone concerned about the review embargo? It's never a good sign when they forbid reviews until after the game releases. Is it midnight eastern the the reviews can go up?

Robot Pants

Looks like there is a game update to version 1.01

Yea there's already a patch, sadly nothing to do with lighting :(
Servers aren't up yet either.

Is anyone concerned about the review embargo? It's never a good sign when they forbid reviews until after the game releases. Is it midnight eastern the the reviews can go up?
From what I've played this game is every bit as good as the first. No need to worry.

Jobbs

Banned
Just over 4 hours left until PSN preorders can download!

49095-screaming-reaction-gif--colber-KvOi.gif

Reminder, if you didn't preorder, Namco says you can't download at midnight and will have to wait for the store update later.

Eusis

That's because you haven't been paying attention to seemingly 90% of the releases out there. South Park had a similar embargo and its worst offenses were some bugginess and a short length but was otherwise a really good game, and Titanfall only eased up TODAY. Be worried if they don't send any review copies.

Blizzard aside anyway, I guess they're just assholes like that.

Speaking of Gamestop, I'm kind of having the same issue. I'm also doing 1 day shipping through them and I have yet to get any notifications. For those who have ordered from Gamestop previously, how have they generally been about shipping games? Do they normally get them late even if you've selected the quickest shipping option?

Found this on the site:
Pre-order this title by 11am CST one business day before the release date posted, choose USA Overnight as your shipping option and get guaranteed delivery on the street date posted! If your product does not arrive on the street date, we will fully refund your shipping charge. Continental United States only. Must have overnight service available in your area. Offer void if you are unable to accept a delivery that was attempted. Not responsible for orders delayed due to inclement weather, incorrect address or credit card information. Any other shipping option besides One Day will arrive 2 to 7 business days after the street date.
So hopefully we either get our game tomorrow or a refund :/

Jobbs

Banned
And just over 1 hour until Giant Bomb quick look!

I'm curious what the boys have to say, but at the same time I don't really want to get a thorough early game spoiler which is what a 90 minute QL is sure to be. I think I'll have to hold off, or jujst take a quick peak.

Jobbs

Banned
I wonder if this game has a Lautrec/Yurt. And I wonder if he could possibly be
Pate
. Or maybe Fromsoft is so bound by tradition that Lautrec will again be a dude with a shotel. Hm.

Jobbs

Banned
i dunno guys what if this sequel is casualized to hell and pure shit? Not to mention without any light sources. How can anyone know this is a worthy sequel to one of the better games from the last generation?

This is a bit of an exaggeration. There are light sources and there is lighting, it's just not quite as pronounced as a preview build.

Re. casualization -- I can't give the final word on this until I play it at length (or at all), but everything I've heard is that the game is of similar difficulty as the old game

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
i dunno guys what if this sequel is casualized to hell and pure shit? Not to mention without any light sources. How can anyone know this is a worthy sequel to one of the better games from the last generation?

Game still looks better than DS1 and multiple sources have been mentioning the game is harder and if you want more of a challenge you can burn an item on the bon fire for the extra hardcore touch. git gud.

Is a review really gonna change anyone's mind about this game. I'm looking at all you die hard fans. I remember first hearing about Demon Souls and knowing I wanted to play it and how I wanted to import it because of how amazing the game sounded. I will admit I didn't like Dark Souls as much but I'm still anxiously waiting to play tomorrow night and that won't change even if it gets an average score. Honestly I think it will get a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom