• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

LProtag

Sitting here in my classroom during study hall just reading about everyone playing the game on my phone. I have to stay after to give extra help on Tuesdays so I won't be home until after 4. This wait is horrible.

K.Sabot

Zomg Spoilers
the rat covenant is my dream come true. Forest Vanguard for Blighttown. ALSO HOLY SHIT THE GUTTER IS DARK DARK DARK DARK DARK

Don't click on this silly boys.

Shengar

If i start a character in offline mode is it locked to offline mode forever?

To parrot other gaffers: of course not. Just make sure you play the game offline from the start or else you will suffers penalties if you cut the connection off midway.

Sullichin

These questions were probably asked many many times but is it better to install Dark Souls 2 to the X360 hard drive or better to play off the disc?

How many of my friends can I co-op through the story mode at once?

I know in dark souls it was two friends but I'm looking at the back of the cover and it says 2-4. That would be even better for me. I can play with all three of my friends.

Still no party chat only private chat again?

Pretty sure that's 2 v 2. You + 2 friendly phantoms and an invader in most cases.

OMG the
piss poor durability on my beloved Falchion!
The thing doesn't last 15 mins! How do I deal with this?

Does anybody know how high ADP you need to get fast rolling like DS? Things feel way too sluggish for my liking.

Otherwise loving it so far. Only died 3 times in 4 hours, and once was to a boss. My DS training is paying off.

Reparing works differently now. I really like how it's implemented. You auto repair at a bonfire, unless you break your weapon, at which point you have to pay to repair at the blacksmith in Majula.

Does anyone else think that the graphics are worse than Dark Souls 1?
I'm still in the first "level" though.

And it's aaaaaaaweeeeesooooomeeeee

The first area is ugly for sure. It gets better.

ironcreed

Banned
Got it downloaded after it finally showed up on the store around 4 in the morning, lol. Quick download, though. I'll be hoping on later this evening.

i finished Dark Souls, don't know if i can say i 'enjoyed' it (many frustrating moments) but i came back for it

i'm now working through Demon's Souls on PS3 and i feel that one's more difficult than Dark Souls, a particular boss on world 3-2 called
Maneater and his identical twin
made me look up a youtube video, still not getting him and then after 10 tries i managed to finally kill him

now, i like a challenge, i really do, but after reading some design decisions in DS2, i doubt about buying this game (especially at full price, maybe at a lower one), i don't think i have the stomach and coolness for it, on the other hand i really want to try it out... :p

Magic casting question. I heard you can aim spells in 1st person and could do a longer cast for more damage but I can't figure out the controls on those actions. Anybody know?

Sullichin

What the fuck at the strength scaling. Did they just completely remove strength weapons from the game or what?

What. Strength is AMAZING in this game. Tons of poise damage, 100% (!) str increase when two handing, better move sets than the first game. Been using the Great Club. It's really good. That 2H R2-> R2 is amazing for bosses.

i finished Dark Souls, don't know if i can say i 'enjoyed' it (many frustrating moments) but i came back for it

i'm now working through Demon's Souls on PS3 and i feel that one's more difficult than Dark Souls, a particular boss on world 3-2 called
Maneater and his identical twin
made me look up a youtube video, still not getting him and then after 10 tries i managed to finally kill him

now, i like a challenge, i really do, but after reading some design decisions in DS2, i doubt about buying this game (especially at full price, maybe at a lower one), i don't think i have the stomach and coolness for it, on the other hand i really want to try it out... :p
Yu play DkS and still had problems with Demons? That's weird. I practically blasted through Demons Souls after I finished Dark Souls. Even the Maneaters aren't that difficult imo. You just have to be fast and kill the first one before the 2nd appears.

How are you guys feeling about the death penalty? Only thing I'm really dreading . . .

Also, none of my friends on Xbox or PSN are playing this game. A lot of Titanfall and South Park. Weird (100+ people).

Zomg Spoilers
the rat covenant is my dream come true. Forest Vanguard for Blighttown. ALSO HOLY SHIT THE GUTTER IS DARK DARK DARK DARK DARK

This is the worst way to post spoilers. No one will know what it is until they click on it, then they read something they wish they hadn't.

Gbraga

What. Strength is AMAZING in this game. Tons of poise damage, 100% (!) str increase when two handing, better move sets than the first game. Been using the Great Club. It's really good. That 2H R2-> R2 is amazing for bosses.

Guts build looking better and better.

Soriku

From what I'm hearing, the game seems more open than Dark Souls 1 from the beginning?

When I played the first game I had a general idea of how I should proceed due to looking at guides. Think I'm definitely gonna try to figure much of it out without a guide.

Gorillaz

From what I'm hearing, the game seems more open than Dark Souls 1 from the beginning?

When I played the first game I had a general idea of how I should proceed due to looking at guides. Think I'm definitely gonna try to figure much of it out without a guide.
Lmao it is DEFINITELY more open starting out then DS1 was

georly

Question about str and str weapons. If a weapon requires 20 str, but i only have 19, does 2h it make it ok, or do i still need 20 to equip it? It still has the 'X' on it even if i 2 h it below the str requirement.

Isn't the point of spoilers is to make sure that people who don't care about spoilers won't know what it is?

People who avoid spoilers will ignore it, of course. But there's also people who want only certain spoilers (about weapons or bosses) or whatnot. It would be nice if people posting spoilers would label them like "ZOMG weapon spoiler" "spoiler about an armor set." Also, we have a spoiler thread for this game.

Kworn

Banned
Guys I just watched the IGN review and I am pumped to play this...

Whats up with the death penalties? How does it affect your health?

Can someone deeper in to the game spoil me a little about offensive miracles. Are the usual WotGs and buffs there?

Filthy European here waiting for the Friday to come.

stupei

Are the servers working yet? Anyone check the tower on the hill
for overall death totals
? Not much of a spoiler, but for people who really want to know nothing. Just curious what it would be at but it was cool
having a counter for how many times I've died myself in offline
unless that's located somewhere else in one of the stat screens and I missed it.

Was able to pick up a PS3 Black Armor edition at Best Buy this morning, there were only 2 on the shelf, along with some regular PS3 versions. Excited to dive in.

Chitown B

"The Pyromancer was Dark Souls’ easiest starting class, but there’s no equivalent here; we didn’t even find a Flame until around halfway through. Sorcery’s been nerfed, too, with a hefty stamina cost for every spell cast."

Seems odd since watching the video where all the guys were saying they would choose magic.

Grudy

I assume the european servers will go online in a couple of days? I can only start in offline mode (though I did download all the calibrations and stuff)

akira28

Zomg Spoilers

Don't click on this silly boys.

i will surely forget this by tomorrow if I start drinking right now.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
There's a
cling ring
equivalent so you can
stay up to 75%
at minimum.

edit: don't think it's really that much of spoiler. :p

Everyone worried about the HP decrease when hollow, you guys didn't play Demon's I take it?

Like in that game, there is an item to offset the reduced HP somewhat
aka, what Antiwhippy didn't put in spoilers! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom