• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys help....I'm seriously going to start over if taking the item
where the cat lady talks to you in the tent
means she is gone for good. I don't like missing important things like that especially rings. Does she come back ever or am I hooped?

Can you specify where exactly you're talking about here? Because I don't want to fall for that either.

ironcreed

Banned
I am just going through
The Forest of Fallen Giants
and the sense of exploration and finding unexpected items is already kicking in. Part of this area has a nice Boletarian Palace vibe to it as well. Fucking absolutely excellent so far.

Zeliard

Adaptability doesn't have any effect on weight or impact though. It feels very off compared to the first two games. Like what you're hitting isn't really solid any longer nor that the weapons themselves have any heft behind them.

I don't have any issues with the weight or impact of hits. That stuff feels okay enough to me. There are some recovery times on attack animations though that weren't there in previous games, so it sort of feels less fluid.

As far as ADP, it's just refreshing being able to roll around more smoothly after boosting it a bit. :)

sappyday

I am just going through
The Forest of Fallen Giants
and the sense of exploration and finding unexpected items is already kicking in. Part of this area has a nice Boletarian Palace vibe to it as well. Fucking absolutely excellent so far.

I get this Undead Burg vibe from it as well.

ironcreed

Banned
I don't have any issues with the weight or impact of hits. That stuff feels okay enough to me. There are some recovery times on attack animations though that weren't there in previous games, though, so it sort of feels less fluid.

As far as ADP, it's just refreshing being able to roll around more smoothly after boosting it a bit. :)

The feeling of impact is definitely still there. Especially with the new shield/guard break mechanic.

halfbeast

Banned
quick question regarding the cartographer's weird house:
there's this open space in the basement with a white'ish floor, looks kinda melted? there was a message about something something illusion but you'll break your gear or something - is there some event I have to trigger? or just crazy talk by a random user?
a simple yes or no answer is all I'm looking for - if there is a secret I kinda want to figure it out myself! :)

Eyothrie

Gamestop preorderers, did you get a code for the black knight armor on your receipt? Because I didn't. Just noticed this. I thought all versions came with that preorder bonus?

todd360

The frame rate on ps3 version is soooo bad. I'm having fun but i'm really starting to regret not waiting for pc version. Its just noticeable all the time. You can be walking in a small area with no enemies and still see the frame rate drop. I would have been embarrassed to release a game with frame dips this bad. They seriously should have lowered the resolution or graphics or something.

ironcreed

Banned
The frame rate on ps3 version is soooo bad. I'm having fun but i'm really starting to regret not waiting for pc version. Its just noticeable all the time. You can be walking in a small area with no enemies and still see the frame rate drop. I would have been embarrassed to release a game with frame dips this bad. They seriously should have lowered the resolution or graphics or something.

Strange, it's not bothering me. I feel it runs and plays better than the first one so far.

vilmer_

Dammit, I think I missed the White Sign Soapstone. Apparently I'm supposed to get it from
Pate but he has nothing lol

Yep :( gave me headaches. So I stopped playing. I cannot play thus for extended hours for sure coz of that.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Those monsters in
Sinner Rise
1362118928937.jpg

So I accidentally burned a human effigy and I can't use the White Soapstone, there's a White Soapstone symbol beneath my endurance bar. How do I reverse the effect?

Justin Epperson ‏@sprsk 3m

My first death in dark souls 2 was to the little doggies in the tutorial before you create your character lol.

Dresden

Got up to 20ADP after beating the first boss. Feels faster and more responsive now, at least while dodging.

Surprised to see that it doesn't turn you back to human... kinda wish it did.

I came across the Champion's covenant altar by Majula, did I miss any others around there?

LProtag

I got about 2 hours in after work, but I probably should take the rest of the night off from playing.

Came close to beating
The Last Giant
on my first and second attempts, it'll probably only take me a few more to get it. I need a break though.

Can't wait for the weekend when I can just forget about other stuff and really dive into the game.

Weird, those guys never even attacked me. They seem content to hang out in their thicket so long as I don't get too close.

Seventh Son ‏@SeventhSon7777 6m

@sprsk How? I tried punching them and they just run away and never aggro.

Justin Epperson ‏@sprsk 40s

@SeventhSon7777 attack em enough and they all gang up on you. Managed to kill one but the rest got me.

orborborb

Why the combat feels slightly off:

-the animation is worse, both artistically and technically

-the sound design is worse, both artistically and technically

-the framerate (and possibly gameplay logic?) is no longer running in a locked and stable fashion, so even in areas where the average performance is better, everything feels less precise and reliable, including camera movement and item switching.

Honestly I regret buying the PS3 version, every area of this game has less a reliable feeling of control than even the worst sections of Dark Souls on the PS3. I'm expecting the better framerate of the PC version to improve things enough that I'll be able to rely on nimble play again instead of just memorizing everything and coming up with foolproof strategies, although artistically this game will still be just not quite comparable to the original.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
This has been bothering me: (early game treasure getting to'ness)

That treasure to the right and above the first Forest of Giants bonfire. . .how the hell do you get to it?!

vilmer_

Game is ripping my anal cavity apart. Sweet lord this shit is hard. It's glorious

I long had my doubts about the game being as tough as it was in the first games to appease the casuls and kiddies. Boy was I wrong. This is noticeably tougher than Dark Souls. I'm getting totally wrecked :lol

vehn

That treasure to the right and above the first Forest of Giants bonfire. . .how the hell do you get to it?!

Go by the tower but don't climb the ladder up there, and instead jump

MrDaravon

Found the Chloranthy Ring and a Titanite Slab. :D

Same. As a question on this, I'm not entirely sure what happened to open that.

I put the device in the wall, and saw the blue ghost face or whatever appear on the other wall in the room. Nothing else seemed to happen, and I thought that maybe I needed to light the sconce in the room. So I left, and I came back later with a lit torch and the blue ghost face was gone and there was open archway there with the two chests past it. Did you just have to leave and then come back/reload for that to appear or what? I'm not entirely sure what happened.

Yasadril

just jump. that was my first death trying to get it

Dresden

I put the device in the wall, and saw the blue ghost face or whatever appear on the other wall in the room. Nothing else seemed to happen, and I thought that maybe I needed to light the sconce in the room. So I left, and I came back later with a lit torch and the blue ghost face was gone and there was open archway there with the two chests past it. Did you just have to leave and then come back/reload for that to appear or what? I'm not entirely sure what happened.

It was an
illusory wall behind the ghost face thing. I suppose they open it up anyways just in case the player doesn't hit the wall after activating the device.

halfbeast

Banned

it was an illusionary wall, you just had to roll into it or hit it with a weapon to reveal the opening. I wonder if it's there either way, could've saved one of those pharris stone-thingies. :/

Dresden

it was an illusionary wall, you just had to roll into it or hit it with a weapon to reveal the opening. I wonder if it's there either way, could've saved one of those pharris stone-thingies. :/

It doesn't open up before you put the lockstone in, as far as I can tell. There was an illusory wall message on the floor, so I spent some time punching that general area before I used the stone.

Raxus

I think my Playstation 3 may be on its way out. I am getting some strange graphical issues that make the game unplayable.

vehn

It's not there unless you use the stone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom