• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody having trouble logging into the Dark Souls 2 server on 360?

Just sat down to play and it cant connect to the server.

I'd rather not play offline :(

halfbeast

Banned
It's not there unless you use the stone

I was a little underwhelmed by the results, I guess. the very first time I went down there, there was a message next to the device saying: don't you dare!

I was expecting something more, uh, eventful. rolled like a lunatic just in case too!

Fbh

Have been playing for a few hours.
So far I'm quite pleased with the game. Feels like Dark Souls should.

The only change I really didn't like is loosing HP when you die. The only thing it's doing for me is taking aways the fun from trying to beat strong enemies early on

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm having a tough time deciding where to assign my points as melee. Seems that I want vit, end, big, and adaptability. It's going to be tough splitting my points.

2AdEPT

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about,
but the cat in Majula is in a house for me on the opposite side of the far flame. I think she moves her position within the room. I didn't buy anything from her though, not sure if she gave me an item either. What item?

Oh good...I must have accessed her from outside the room around the side of the
house
a la glitch....there was a shitty little item in the tent on the side....I dont think I even have the
key
yet!!! I assume she will still be inside when ever I find the key.

Thanks!

BTW since my last message I got a new mail item at the door!!! Another 1min unboxing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptmjrUtIsMU&feature=youtu.be

Any mechanics questions and stat screen questions fire away...pm me if you want me to see your question though....just a warning I wont answer walkthrough questions and locations etc. just stats etc...I have no idea what all the icons mean and that is my first use for this material! I like having the guide more than online for some reason.....says the guy who was born before computers existed.

2AdEPT

Anyone else have trouble summoning friends? This should work like it did in Dark Souls 1 right?

No it will be more like demon's was....someone else will nab your friend on you before you see his sign....find a secret (and I mean real obscure) place to find your friends.

Going back in!

JoeFenix

Starting Deprived and immediately joining the
Company of Champions
has been interesting....

It's absolutely brutal to be honest, lots of 1 hit kill situations and just getting gang banged by enemies that I can't deal with in these numbers. I've already died a fair number of times, it's quite challenging but I think I'm done with the worst of it. Finally got some decent stats and can equip a solid weapon.

Still, the limited healing items, weapon durability and the fact that you lose some Max HP after every death means that you have to be extra cautious not to take damage. I've been saving my lifegems and trying not to use them. Had to use a couple on that
Heide White Knight
though. The only weapon I had was an axe and the wind up was so slow that he could sometimes clip me after I punished him for whiffing.

At this rate it's going to take quite a while to beat the game hah!

Grinchy

Banned
So I'm having an insanely easy time getting summoned. And I see a ton of summon signs right outside of this boss fight.

I'm seeing something that might be weird though. I was hollow the first time I got summoned for a fight. We failed (the host died) and when it put me back, I was alive and my estus was replenished.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
just jump. that was my first death trying to get it

Great so it seems it's another odd angled jump. Anyone remember what it was - not going to waste my health bar on some Amber Herbs.

Lost Fragment said:
Don't think so. Then again I didn't think it would be this easy either.

In a previous save with 22 hours I found 2. Given the changed mechanics in the way spawning works not really sure that's a bad thing. Include one early on ("just in case. . .") and others much later.

ironcreed

Banned
I think this game may be even more devious than the first.
Found a nice treasure chest that shoots arrows upon opening... dead.
I also think even the hollow soldiers are more aggressive and sneaky. The updated design for them looks better as well.

Gorillaz

I think the whole humanity/coop on the fly is interesting. Instead of running all the way back to a bonfire to get one going I can just go human right before a boss fight.

Im liking how much they are changing the meta game with this game.

FaintDeftone

Early covenant question:
I just joined the Champion covenant. Did I just make the game harder?

Yes. I joined it (mainly for the trophy), looked online to see what it was, and then made a very quick visit to the cat to take it away.

It's funny because I seem to have gone into this game preparing myself for what lies ahead based on my experiences from the previous game, but Dark Souls II definitely does not play by the same rule book. I walked into the first main area and looked at the first enemy standing there and said "NOPE" and turned around. Come to find out that I was going the right way and the game just throws very intimidating looking enemies at you very early on.

I was planning on going with the Bandit class, but he looked stupid and it bothered me, so I went with the Knight class. It was frightening to start the game without a shield, putting me into sort of a panic during each enemy encounter. Luckily I grabbed one as soon as I arrived in Majula.

Anybody get wrecked by the first boss? I totally did. I was not expecting a boss to pop up in that area and totally thought it would have been in the other fog gate, but I was wrong and very unprepared. Luckily I got pissed off and ran right back over there and kicked his ass on my 2nd try and reclaimed my precious souls.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Stupid question.
Found the cartographer, and the cleric at the top of Heime tower but they don't show in majula. Any idea why ?

They will usually say something like "I'm out of here. . .going to Majula." to let you know you've exhausted the dialog options. If they haven't said that (or something similar, keep talking. Or reload game.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Great so it seems it's another odd angled jump. Anyone remember what it was - not going to waste my health bar on some Amber Herbs.

In a previous save with 22 hours I found 2. Given the changed mechanics in the way spawning works not really sure that's a bad thing. Include one early on ("just in case. . .") and others much later.

Given how easy it is to get a free respec, the proper number of soul vessels should be 0. This being on the game the way it is is pretty ridiculous.

Sakura

Just finished the first boss~
Game feels better than Dark Souls so far. Framerate is better too which is always nice.

They will usually say something like "I'm out of here. . .going to Majula." to let you know you've exhausted the dialog options. If they haven't said that (or something similar, keep talking. Or reload game.

Yeah I exhausted everything till they repeat they'll move on. I'll try reloading my game.

Aeana

I got tipped off to the location/function of the ring of binding, so I went to try to get it. As soul level 15 sorcerer, I found it basically impossible to kill everything along the way and not run out of charges, but after a lot of running back and forth and cheesing the dudes, I managed to work it out. Sweet victory.

Badgerst3

Wow- 30 minutes in, just past character creation...

This game looks like ass.

Seriously. I am a veteran of the series and will put in 100 hours plus most likely, but man, the graphics and screen tearing are horrid. Worse than DS1.

360 version.

I got tipped off to the location/function of the ring of binding, so I went to try to get it. As soul level 15 sorcerer, I found it basically impossible to kill everything along the way and not run out of charges, but after a lot of running back and forth and cheesing the dudes, I managed to work it out. Sweet victory.

the boss in that door is my favorite so far

JoeFenix

Is there a way to
fight the Pursure again when he drops in from his eagle on in the Forest of Giants
?

I had to run away because I had a bunch of souls to cash and he would surely have 1 hit killed me considering most normal enemies could do that to me. When I go back there he doesn't show up anymore.

Zeliard

I'm seeing huge amounts of bloodstains, messages, and summon signs. Also my messages are being rated very frequently and I've only dropped like 3 so far. It's a lot more than I remember seeing during the NA releases for Demon's and Dark Souls 1.

I can't tell if this is because the game is that much more popular, or that they've widened the player pools. Either way, it's pretty cool. Haven't actually tried any co-op yet, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom