• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serra

I apologize if I'm being an annoyance by repeating myself,but I really want to know.
Is adaptability more useful in here than Dexterity was in Dark Souls?
If so, by how much compared to other skills?

People haven't answered your question since it makes no sense.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I probably made 60k souls or so just from the Belfry covenant. Worthwhile workout.

Reule

Somewhat late game spoilers..

So I had read that you needed to defeat the four Old Ones before being able to open The Shrine of Winter but I actually opened it up earlier with having only defeated Lost Sinner and Old Iron King. Not sure if that's a bug or what but I turned around after having made it to the doors of Drangleic Castle.

I'm really enjoying the game and I haven't even really messed around with the covenants yet.
Okay, I went back to check this out. She does say something entirely different if you go in early.

http://youtu.be/AKUwYSuxl_8?t=3m58s This is what she says when you go in at the correct time. Spoilers in the video, obviously.

Below is what she says when you go in before defeating all the
four primal bosses

"Your soul is still frail and pallid...
If you proceed regardless, your fate will be more terrible than mere life or death.
But I will not stop you, if that is your heart's desire."

I recorded this but the quality is absolutely terrible on my ancient phone.

Sullichin

Just summoned a shade by the final boss entrance (already beat), it put the fog wall back up but the phantom got sent back when I entered it, into an empty room. I guess it's a bug that signs still show up.

I apologize if I'm being an annoyance by repeating myself,but I really want to know.

It governs more things than dexterity did in DS1, so yes, assuming you're using a non-dex character in both game and you don't have to worry about dex scaling, adaptability is more useful in DS2 than dex was in DS1.

He means one attempt. Don't worry, I think it's bizarre as you do, this is the only game I've ever heard of one-shot referring to one try instead of one hit but everyone seems to use it.
Ah, I see. I got him in one go, too - Dragonrider and Covetous Demon were the other two so far.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Same phantoms.
The cutscene seemed the same, not sure if the beginning was different because I had stepped out of the room expecting to be sent back to my world.

Oh hell's bells, after reading this I headed straight there to try this for myself. Happened on the first try. That's bananas.
Host let the cutscene play. It's exactly the same as it is when you enter having killed the Watcher and Defender earlier.

Wild stuff, that.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The final reward for the bellkeeper covenant is ridiiiiiiculously bad. At least I got the
100 Titanite chunks and souls from killing intruders
out of this.

LVL130 and still have not completed the game!

I beat Dark Souls1 in NG+ at a lower lvl than this! There is just so much to do!!

I seem to have reached the final area though.

You just level up really fast in this game for some reason, even at level 100 its like <20,000 souls to level, and that's insane. I'm like level 110 and I'm only 35 hours in.

R.I.P

Went through No Mans Wharf today, easily my favourite area so far. Really liked how the torch was actually useful there,
lol'd when I realized that the long armed monsters are afraid of fire, made dealing with them a breeze.
Boss there was really easy, the design was cool though.
After that I went back to get even with
fucking Ornstein
as he had been kicking my ass black & blue earlier today. Was able to defeat him on the second try this time, easily the hardest boss so far.

Have routes opened to both bastille and copse now, will have to see which one I'll tackle first.

Hit my first wall in the game.
I (think I) have done basically everything else possible and am now in the
Drangleic Castle
. No idea what to do after beating the
two Dragon Riders
. Kinda bummed out, as the area is pretty tedious to explore.

Edit: Googled for help and I think I got it now.

edgefusion

My character suddenly became female! What the hell!? Is there a way to change appearance? I'm a decent way into the game when I suddenly notice my burly manly man is sporting a set of boobs!

Asked this earlier and got no response. In the PS3 version, on my menu it says go online and it is greyed out. Does this mean I'm offline when I play? and how come it's always been that way?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
My character suddenly became female! What the hell!? Is there a way to change appearance? I'm a decent way into the game when I suddenly notice my burly manly man is sporting a set of boobs!

Go back to the coffin in Things Betwixted and use it to change gender.

Mentok

Banned

I don't get what you're asking. DEX was very useful if you were building a DEX character... are you referring to RES? Because that stat was useless. ADP is much better!

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
OK... Is there some kind of extra move that you start if you press circle (on ps3) at the right time that you do instead of rolling? So far, while fighting a certain boss, he jumps up to do this easily dodged move, but instead of rolling, my character starts to do some weird animation that I never get to see completed because the boss kills me.

Raxus

So I have been slow to get through dark souls and this is a large reason why.

2014-03-16142847_zps35320f7e.jpg

It happens at the most random times too. sometimes it is a random rock, sometimes I can see the bottom of the world and sometimes I see spikes of textures sticking out of random things. Every time the color is whited out, like above, the whole screen dims to where I can barely see it on maximum brightness. As you can imagine when this happens (and it happens a LOT) it makes the game nearly unplayable and if it the texture on an enemy bugs out like on sentinels then I have no choice to back out of the game and 'reroll' to see if the texture that bugs out is something I can manage.

It isn't the disc, I uninstalled and reinstalled so my only conclusion is that it is the hardware (I have a first gen PS3)

FML, should have waited for the PC version.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Same phantoms.
The cutscene seemed the same, not sure if the beginning was different because I had stepped out of the room expecting to be sent back to my world.

Oh hell's bells, after reading this I headed straight there to try this for myself. Happened on the first try. That's bananas.
Host let the cutscene play. It's exactly the same as it is when you enter having killed the Watcher and Defender earlier.

Wild stuff, that.

Actually, scratch that. It just happened again and
this time the cutscene was different. The dialogue is the same, but in one Nashandra is standing there waiting for you, and in the other she comes through the fog gate from behind you. Good work, From. That's pretty neato.

Found a pretty good early-mid game Large Shard farming run.
Black Gulch
has a pretty quick and reliable farm. Start at the
Hidden Chamber
bonfire and run your way back up the level killing the enemies that pop out of the ground. The
poison statues
don't hit you as much because you are going through the level backwards.

With the Traveling Merchant hat I would say the Large shard drop is about 25%. I've also gotten a couple Titanite Chunks as well in about 7 or so runs.

You can break all the statues and you can rest at that bonfire without them coming back. That's at least what happened for me.

I'm so tired of
Luna's Belfry
, what a stupid place.

I get invaded by two people every time I go there, along with the
OP gnome things
that don't flinch at all and have tons of health. Not to mention, you can summon people to help you, so broken.

If you need help I can help you. sinta0531. Or summon someone on the bonfire before bellfry and HAUL ASS to the fog gate. Don't mind the first midget on 2nd floor. If you want to solo it, just go offline.

Ghazi

If you need help I can help you. sinta0531. Or summon someone on the bonfire before bellfry and HAUL ASS to the fog gate. Don't mind the first midget on 2nd floor. If you want to solo it, just go offline.

I'm on XBL, and I've moved on to
The Gutter
now, but one thing is when I summon at the bonfire, a fog gate goes over the entrance to the area, I understand why though. I have to summon inside the area, but I get invaded extremely quickly when I enter. I may go offline at some point for it, yeah.

void666

Banned
So, everytime i kill someone summoned by the
rat
covenant i get a
pharros lockstone
?
Time to farm those intruders. I feel bad doing this though.

Mazre

So I've run into my first real roadblock as two-hand str goes: Doors of Pharros
RRA is absolutely wrecking me. I can sometimes get the 4 rats down with stam to spare for a dodge before his first attack but it's extremely iffy. Beyond that I can't find any openings to attack. His charges and swipes are hard enough to avoid as is without trying to sneak a hit in. Even when I do seem to get around him he often jumps away before I can connect. Is there something obvious I'm missing? Also do white soapstones not work in Doors of Pharros?

todd360

Can someone tell me at what levels is stuff giving you diminishing returns.

Vgr 20
End 23
Vit 10
Atn 4
Str 40
Dex 31
Adp 12
Int 3
Fth 6

What should I be leveling now?

Status
Not open for further replies.