• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

2AdEPT

I apologize if I'm being an annoyance by repeating myself,but I really want to know.
Is adaptability more useful in here than Dexterity was in Dark Souls?
If so, by how much compared to other skills?
Most important stat in the game as it enables fast rolling...I think the VIT (equip burden) just extends the distance on your rolls. For example I wear Aurous armour, and when I found the Drangleic, which was like 5 times heavier, the penalty was obvious....it was like a wall holding me in place.....but WAS STILL ABLE TO FAST ROLL IN PLACE with my 15 or so ADP! Weirdest mechanic ever, but lord knows I took off that Drangelic despite it being an awesome set for defence....defence is for screw-ups! My how I wish I were not one! LOL For some strange reason I would rather die 10 times on each boss with fast roll learning the attacks vs. tanking up and just shielding my way through...so much more intense and exhilarating......but can not do it without adaptability. BTW anyone not convinced there are invincibility frames yet can check out my final pursuer fight as the triple combo he does required at least 1/3 three straight roll right through his sword:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaFd2GYgCIY&list=UURMPEP9aoSYhFs-k_5dMQRw edit: 14:20 of vid is winning fight.

In fact, I am willing to bet there are MORE invincibility frames at max equip burden, and 38 ADP than there was in DS1.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but do I get less souls when I beat a boss in co-op (with me as summoner/host)?

I am not sure ....that's the way it was in DS1, but it might have changed as they seem to want to reward co-op more this iteration. I only summoned help once on a previous character...now the peer pressure of recording my playthrough means I do all bosses solo this round!

Raxus

Defeated
the lost sinner
what now ?

There are 3 ways to go. All connected to majula. One involves a branch of yore, one for falling into the pit there and the last you need to bring an NPC you likely met to Majula and they will open a new path for 2000 souls.

So I have been slow to get through dark souls and this is a large reason why.

It happens at the most random times too. sometimes it is a random rock, sometimes I can see the bottom of the world and sometimes I see spikes of textures sticking out of random things. Every time the color is whited out, like above, the whole screen dims to where I can barely see it on maximum brightness. As you can imagine when this happens (and it happens a LOT) it makes the game nearly unplayable and if it the texture on an enemy bugs out like on sentinels then I have no choice to back out of the game and 'reroll' to see if the texture that bugs out is something I can manage.

It isn't the disc, I uninstalled and reinstalled so my only conclusion is that it is the hardware (I have a first gen PS3)

FML, should have waited for the PC version.

I have a 40GB gen one ps3 (keep going baby) and my copy seems to be running fine, it looks like your PS3's GPU is close to dying.

sixghost

Can someone tell me at what levels is stuff giving you diminishing returns.

Vgr 20
End 23
Vit 10
Atn 4
Str 40
Dex 31
Adp 12
Int 3
Fth 6

What should I be leveling now?
This is just from observing, but it seems to start diminishing at 20, then it gets bad after 40. I'd round out ADP and VIT to 20 if you don't want any casting stats.

ironcreed

Banned
This
Royal Rat Vanguard
is a load of shit. What, are they just endless?

EDIT: And why do I keep getting summoned as a Grey Phantom here? I am not a member of the Covenant.

There are 3 ways to go. All connected to majula. One involves a branch of yore, one for falling into the pit there and the last you need to bring an NPC you likely met to Majula and they will open a new path for 2000 souls.

Yeah i looted the chest. Phew yeah i made it to the
Black Gulch
yesterday and the
shaded wood
who is the NPC is she the one in the
tower
?

TheContact

This is just from observing, but it seems to start diminishing at 20, then it gets bad after 40. I'd round out ADP and VIT to 20 if you don't want any casting stats.

I have 28 vit and I'm level 61. Love heavy armor but hate the fact it makes you move like a snail, now even in heavy armor I roll pretty nicely

My god I can't find (Boss weapon merchant spoiler)
Ornifex after Shaded ruins
. I've searched for hours in
Brightstone Cove
and I already have the key. Where should I go?
I have no idea.

This
Royal Rat Vanguard
is a load of shit. What, are they just endless?

EDIT: And why do I keep getting summoned as a Grey Phantom here? I am not a member of the Covenant.

There will be one special rat in the pack after a while(or a few kills, not sure). This one is the boss.

The Rat King Covenant works kinda in reverse. Its members summon others to their world and try to kill them. They can use traps and the enemies in the area to do that. If you manage to kill them though you get a Pharros Lockstone. It's neat really.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
My god I can't find (Boss weapon merchant spoiler)
Ornifex after Shaded ruins
. I've searched for hours in
Brightstone Cove
and I already have the key. Where should I go?
I have no idea.

She's in the house right next door to the one that contains the third Brightstone bonfire. If you warp there, go out the door and immediately turn left. The very first door you see is her workshop.

Raxus

I have a 40GB gen one ps3 (keep going baby) and my copy seems to be running fine, it looks like your PS3's GPU is close to dying.

I thought as much considering how badly some games were running on my PS3. It sucks since I bought a PS4 and I don't have the funds to go out and buy another PS3. I suppose I can try to trade this one in before it craps out.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Okay, the only reason I was able to hold off on Dark Souls 2 was because I was broke and my wife would kick me out if I somehow scraped together the cash for it. I resigned myself to wait for the PC version.

And then my best friend texted me just a few minutes ago.

He just got a PS4 on Friday. The text read: "You know I can't rock some new shit without my boy rockin' some new shit" and attached is a pic of him holding a copy Dark Souls 2 for the 360.

GODDAMN PRAISE THE SUN INDEED!!

He's on his way to meet me here at work in about an hour to drop it off. Craziness.

ironcreed

Banned
There will be one special rat in the pack after a while(or a few kills, not sure). This one is the boss.

The Rat King Covenant works kinda in reverse. Its members summon others to their world and try to kill them. They can use traps and the enemies in the area to do that. If you manage to kill them though you get a Pharros Lockstone. It's neat really.

Yeah, I killed one guy and then got obliterated by a Sorcerer after getting summoned again. But anyway, it's hard to even get near the
rats.
I get mauled and then poisoned because they are all so bunched up. Irritating as hell, but I'll get it eventually.

She's in the house right next door to the one that contains the third Brightstone bonfire. If you warp there, go out the door and immediately turn left. The very first door you see is her workshop.

Woah where's
the third bonfire
? That might be the problem, lol.

Where the hell can I get titiante shards? Just plain old small ones. I've made it to
brightstone
, I have way more large shards than small sized ones. Stupid.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Can't believe I'll be playing this tonight. It's the sort of game that makes me do the whole wipe-down-the-entertainment-center-and-tv routine. Gotta prepare.

Quick question and this is all I ask:

What's the best starting gift?

Clevinger

I've seen other people in here get this bug, and now I have it too. It's where someone tries to summon you and it says "Summoning canceled. Unable to join multiplayer" and then you can't put your summon sign down again in that session. And then you reload the game and as you get summoned it says the same thing and you can't put your sign down again. Rinse and repeat. So co-op (and maybe invasions too?) is completely broken.

Feels bad man. Hope it's not permanent. Has anyone gotten this bug and had it go away? If so, how long did it take?

Ornifex just got killed when I freed her by the Basilisks!!!

Are any of her Boss Soul Weapons that good (esp interested in any great shields better than the Gyrm shield).

derwalde

what to do after i reached
drangleic castle
. its seems to be a dead end.

edit: on the topic of adaptability. i respeced from 20 to 6 and i dont feel any difference tbh. even the estus drinking doesnt feel that much slower. ill keep it at base.

edit2: is there a third
blacksmith? i have tons of boss souls which i cant turn into boss weapons

ironcreed

Banned
God, I am dying more to these fucking
rats
than any other part so far. I see the one I need to kill. Just getting to him is the problem.

hertog

I'm a lvl 53 knight and I'm still using my broadsword (levelled it up to +3)

Any tips were to get better weapons? I got a greatsword and a bastardsword as backups.

squadr0n

Asked this earlier and got no response. In the PS3 version, on my menu it says go online and it is greyed out. Does this mean I'm offline when I play? and how come it's always been that way?

its greyed out because you are online. If u were in offline mode you would hit that to go online. thats how it was for me when i was offline the first night after i got home from the midnight relese

I'm a lvl 53 knight and I'm still using my broadsword (levelled it up to +3)

Any tips were to get better weapons? I got a greatsword and a bastardsword as backups.

I used the broadsword for most of the game actually. That thing is a beast when you upgrade it.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Woah where's
the third bonfire
? That might be the problem, lol.

It's
in one of the houses at the bottom of the city section, near the big honking sand whirlpool. I don't recall exactly, but I remember first accessing it by dropping down a hole in one of the houses higher up, but if you descended by dropping down on the exteriors you're looking for the one door that isn't all rickety-looking. Its name is "Lower Brightstone Cove" in the Travel menu.

dubq

Damn, this thread moves fast. ;) Can anyone confirm to me that carry weight is only for stuff you have equipped? Everything else in your inventory is essentially weightless until you've equipped it? I've just noticed that when I move stuff to my item box, my carry weight doesn't go down..

2AdEPT

Vit Vit Vit

Even at 65% I get a roll almost as fast as <25% in DkS1

This my own observation only, and own opinion entirely, but my guess is adaptability governs speed of the roll, equip burden the weightedness and therefore ability to extend the distance of rolls.

See my last post above for an easy test. Here were my stats:
VGR - 14
END - 9
VIT - 14
ATN - 7
STR - 8
DEX - 12
ADP - 18
INT/FTH - 5

It's
in one of the houses at the bottom of the city section, near the big honking sand whirlpool. I don't recall exactly, but I remember first accessing it by dropping down a hole in one of the houses higher up, but if you descended by dropping down on the exteriors you're looking for the one door that isn't all rickety-looking. Its name is "Lower Brightstone Cove" in the Travel menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom