• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II |OT| The Dark Souls of Dark Souls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tucah

you speak so well
Um, yeah so I just got to
The Gutter

ibgYTBfe9Wodnh.gif

Oh God it's blight town all over again!! ;_;

Got to that area, found the first bonfire and decided to not touch it until later, I have other areas to get to. I'm not in the mood for
Blighttown part 2

Playing as a Knight I have 50k souls to spend. What stats MUST I upgrade? Which are crucial?

No stat is an absolute priority, though it can never hurt to have more HP (vigor) and stamina (endurance). Depending on what weapons you like, you might want to invest in strength (clubs, hammers, axes, big ass swords and shields) or dexterity (daggers, curved swords, katanas, bows, and a lot of rarer weapons).

creyas

Third day of play and got my first invasion! I was at McDuff's place and was about to use items to get souls to buy stuff - aptly timed. Thanks.

I thought invasions shouldn't occur when you've cleared all the bosses in the area though?

Grisby

The Gutter was nice for actually making use of the torch. Too bad it's just worse all around than (the incredible) Blighttown or 5-1.
Blight Town is the Dane Cook of Dark Souls.
Yeah I'd say Blighttown was way worse. At least there isn't platforming in the Gutter. Just take it slow and carry a torch whenever you can, lighting the fires as you go.
Yeah, I thought it was kinda tense.

fedexpeon

Banned
If you guys are in the "Black Gulch", don't kill the boss until you talk to Lucatiel.
Lucatiel is in a realllllly hard place to reach even with the torch helping you. You have to bend/twist your camera to see a hidden ledge because birdeye view will still sometime miss it.
The ledge is literally 10 fts from the 1st bonfire, just walk straight and jump down.

Edit: Totally misrepresented the correct place.

NIN90

Any suggestions on where I wanna use my next two yore branches? I already used two on
the pyro chick and the sorcerer in Lost Bastille.

Dresden

Any suggestions on where I wanna use my next two yore branches? I already used two on

Go through the path you unlocked
by curing the pyro chick, you'll come across another victim eventually. Just keep going from there to unlock
(further spoilers)
another blacksmith, along with a black knight halberd.

anyone found the cloranthy ring +1? all I know is that it's in the
shaded woods, but can anyone be more specific?

iirc, I found it in a chest in that area where
the fog limits visions and fog-ring users attack you.

Lol at Maughlin
getting all cool and aloof once you spend a bunch of souls on him. Besides the old hag and Maughlin, are there any other merchants that get more stock/give you stuff when you spend a certain amount of souls?

Also, I asked a question earlier which wasn't answered, does somebody have advice?
I found another
resting white knight
in
the Lost Bastille. Should I kill this one? I killed the one in the Forest of the Fallen Giants, so I assume I already passed the point of no return, however bad I may feel for it.

About ready to just stop trying with this game. Made a new character, got to the first boss and 3, THREE times now I've summoned people just to fucking have them stand there when its vulnerable to attack.

DONE.

Oh yeah, baby.

Managed to beat the (optional boss/ covernant area spoiler)
gargoyles
on my second try. Feels good.

Edit: I still need a faintstone.....where? :(

fedexpeon

Banned

Only 3 important uses for branches.
1) Pyro lady
2) Straid douchebag guy
3) Ornifex the harpy

3) is a long questline in Shaded Wood.
You have to use it on a monster near the plank of the Ruined Shrine location in Shaded Wood. The monster will drop a Fang Key. After getting the key, there will be a trap hole near a bunches of planks next to the tower. Jump down and you will have to fight 6 frogs, kill them and unlock the door to free Ornifex. Go back to Blightstone Cove to buy boss weapons from her.

The only useless monster you can unstone is the one blocking the way to the blue manscorpion because there is another path to get to him in Shaded Wood, and also getting the Black Knight Halberd.

sixghost

Lol at Maughlin
getting all cool and aloof once you spend a bunch of souls on him. Besides the old hag and Maughlin, are there any other merchants that get more stock/give you stuff when you spend a certain amount of souls?

Also, I asked a question earlier which wasn't answered, does somebody have advice?

As far as I know, there's no long term payoff for sparing those guys. They are like the Black Knights from Dark Souls. If you want their weapon, kill them.
For the guys doing a lot of PvP, what have you seen that works so far? DEX/INT seems to be as strong as ever.

Solo it and stop raging at random scrubs.

But the game is about playing with others, but EVERY boss fight has been like this even on my other character further in the game. The hell is up with this. If there was a connection/lag difference sure. But theres no excuse for repeated encounters with people who just stand there.

Brohan

If you guys are in the Gutter, don't kill the boss until you talk to Lucatiel.
Lucatiel is in a realllllly hard place to reach even with the torch helping you. You have to bend/twist your camera to see a hidden ledge because birdeye view will still sometime miss it.
The ledge is literally 10 fts from the 1st bonfire, just walk straight and jump down.

Is there a boss in the gutter? mustve missed it.

ElFly

One time against Smelter, an asshole I summoned stood outside the boss room all the time.

Thanks for inflating the boss' health for nothing!

As far as I know, there's no long term payoff for sparing those guys. They are like the Black Knights from Dark Souls. If you want their weapon, kill them.

I see, thanks.

One more thing, I just got the stats to wield the
Twinblade
and expected it to be good, but it's the weakest weapon I have aside from some daggers. Even considering it's high attack speed, it does very underwhelming damage. Is there something I'm missing here? My attack stats are 20 strenght and 26 dexterity.

UnrealEck

Suddenly I can't see any summon signs from players and I can't use my own soapstone. Is level 25 too high for the first boss? (
the giant
)

About ready to just stop trying with this game. Made a new character, got to the first boss and 3, THREE times now I've summoned people just to fucking have them stand there when its vulnerable to attack.

DONE.

you can summon the NPC guy and have three targets in there, he'll take most of the punishment while you pick away at the health bar.

Gorillaz

so has anyone had trouble with summons or see them less? I've been seeing a lot less
for the record the bosses I just beat were

beat chariot and skeleton posse

am I getting over leveled or have people fallen to the wayside?

But the game is about playing with others, but EVERY boss fight has been like this even on my other character further in the game. The hell is up with this.

Is it? I have more fun when I play solo. I had to summon a phantom or two to take down (early boss)
the pursuer
, but aside from that, I've been going solo for the entire game so far. Getting invaded and possibly killed by random nobodies would be rage-inducing.

Ghazi

If you guys are in the Gutter, don't kill the boss until you talk to Lucatiel.
Crap, I didn't do this. The only boss there I've killed is the
Rotten
in
Black Gulch
, please don't tell me she won't show up later now.

Leezard

Okay, second bonfire reached in The Gutter. Nothing serious enemy-wise so far. It's just a matter of finding where to go.

I didn't even find a single bonfire in The Gutter. I saw the first one I think but I couldn't reach it. I guess I need to return to it to find some more treasure.

RyanDG

For the guys doing a lot of PvP, what have you seen that works so far? DEX/INT seems to be as strong as ever.

I've been having a lot of success with my great hammer strength build. There is a lot more nuance to aiming your heavy attacks this time around, which makes things interesting.

Booshka

But the game is about playing with others, but EVERY boss fight has been like this even on my other character further in the game. The hell is up with this. If there was a connection/lag difference sure. But theres no excuse for repeated encounters with people who just stand there.

This game is about doing whatever you need to do to progress, using all the tools available to you to get through it. Playing with others isn't necessary for every single encounter or boss. Plenty of people are terrible at video games, and you would expect the worst of those players would be at the very start of the game.

Summon players when they appear, if co op isn't working, do it yourself then put your summon sign down and show players how it's done.

Astral

The only time I've summoned others in any Souls game so far is during the NG+ Ornstein and Smough fight. The game is still pretty awesome solo.

Brohan

Sorry, totally forgot that Black Gulch is different from The Gutter. The whole places somehow ran together in my head.

Haha ok thx. Btw can i summon
Lucatiel outside of the smelter, would she still show up in the Black gulch if i went there instead??

J-Roderton

Knocked out the first boss,
Dragon Rider guy
, and
Ornstein 2.0,
. I then made my way to
No Man's Wharf
or some shit like that. What a terrible area. Dark, Blighttownish, shitty enemies, water, etc. Hope to make it through there quick.

Anyway, co-op is fucking awesome. I love just laying down summon signs and helping folks through boss fights. Never was able to do that in Dark Souls.

Also, if you're rocking a STR build, try the Bastard Sword. Sorry, i forgot where to find it, but it is pretty damn good.

fedexpeon

Banned
Crap, I didn't do this. The only boss there I've killed is the
Rotten
in
Black Gulch
, please don't tell me she won't show up later now.

Did you talk to her in Black Gulch?
I didn't name the correct place and edited my post since the whole zone to me was the Gutter.
If you did so in Black Gulch then you are fine.
The last place she will show up if you found her during your 4 souls journey is in
Aldia's Keep.

Danielsan

Man this game is good. Just beat the
Belfry Gargoyles
. Holy shit that was a tough fight. Didn't realise I was fighting them on a timer. So at one point it was 5 v.s. 1.

I'm about 15 hours in also just decided to jump down the well in Majula. Some terrible terrible stuff lies await down there, including what appears to be this game's
Blight Town

SJRB

Gold Member
Jesus this game is so INTENSE, I'm constantly on the edge of my seat. Bastille was doing me in so I moved to
Huntman's Copse
, that place is way worse haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom