• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin |OT| Your weapons are weak, old man

Good luck getting past him if you don't. There are some other unpleasant surprises waiting if you try that too.

but, it's like the damn ghost ship boss only I can't run for shit in the water.

I guess I'll figure something out but damn, just when you think the game is easing up on you it does something like this

Got invaded by a cheater for the first time last night, while on the way to Ruin Sentinels. Totally invincible fireball tossing invader. Several times. Super annoying. Is there anything to do besides report em through Steam and move on? I tried to steer them towards a cliff edge but they weren't having it.

All you can really do is crtl+f4. however, that can result in a softban if you do it too often, so be cautious about that. You can do that or wear a ring of life protection and just let him kill you, keep your souls & human form but all monsters respawn. I'm not sure how many times you have to disconnect form an invasion to be softbanned, but one time should be fine. You can slo try running your ass off to the boss fog lol.

Episode 26, myself vs. Darklurker: https://youtu.be/ayvIIQucHAk

I was so happy to be done with this fucking boss after respeccing to 50 Int, and I went balls out - maxed out the Rebel's Greatshield suited up in Agdayne's gear and used Twilight Dusk Herbs for the first and only time during my playthrough.

30 Human Effigies, just pissed away. I'm lucky that NPC invasions give you so many effigies, I couldn't imagine having to be careful with them when having to do multiple Dark Chasm runs is so fucking bullshit.

I loved the Darklurker fight, Darklurker is the only fight in which
I don't mind having a two vs one. They did it really well. I know it's too late for this, but Darklurker is incredibly weak to lightning. This is me fighting Darklurker on NG+: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLvG1cgfhGE video might be a bit choppy because it was with my old rig set-up

I guess I'll figure something out but damn, just when you think the game is easing up on you it does something like this

That was a big surprise for me I was like "what in the shit are you doing here?!" yeah don't try to run past him, that will end in sadness and tears, at least, it did for me.

Neoweee

You're given yourself a harder time throwing yourself at walls.

The game is very non-linear, but you're brute forcing one path first.

Tarkus

Episode 26, myself vs. Darklurker: https://youtu.be/ayvIIQucHAk

I was so happy to be done with this fucking boss after respeccing to 50 Int, and I went balls out - maxed out the Rebel's Greatshield suited up in Agdayne's gear and used Twilight Dusk Herbs for the first and only time during my playthrough.

30 Human Effigies, just pissed away. I'm lucky that NPC invasions give you so many effigies, I couldn't imagine having to be careful with them when having to do multiple Dark Chasm runs is so fucking bullshit.
Since you're so pissed, if you're on PS4 at around 5 million Soul Memory, I'll give you 30 effigies if you can summon me. Thanks for posting vids. PM about effigies, I'm feeling nice today.

Were you a mage-type at all (like a hexer respecing to sorcery)? If not, that sounds cheap. You failed to git gud. :p

To be fair if a boss has a high resistance to what your build is, it's kinda unfair for you :p. I cheesed him as a cleric, but also fought him as a melee character.

btw if you have DaS 3 for PC it's available for pre-load now

Edit: GODDAMN IT! FUCK MY LIFE! So I saw a spoiler for DaS3 because some asshat made a video with said spoiler in the title.

I am extremely pissed at From for this shit move they did with DaS 3 where they released it for Japan early, allowed users in NA to download it, and even gave some people the English copy in an attempt to boost sales up and increase hype.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
To be fair if a boss has a high resistance to what your build is, it's kinda unfair for you :p.

There's always a way. Brightbugs, for one thing. I defeated him with a hexer and he's highly resistant to dark, my GRS did little compared to that Soul Spear and somehow I managed. It's quite the hectic and frantic fight, running around dodging beams and shit, but it's far more exhilarating than "pew pew pew, dead, done". IMO.

There's always a way. Brightbugs, for one thing. I defeated him with a hexer and he's highly resistant to dark, my GRS did little compared to that Soul Spear and somehow I managed. It's quite the hectic and frantic fight, running around dodging beams and shit, but it's far more exhilarating than "pew pew pew, dead, done". IMO.

I don't think I've ever used a brightbug or done hexer...I've done cleric, sorcerer, melee, power-stanced & hybrid of cleric melee.

You're given yourself a harder time throwing yourself at walls.

The game is very non-linear, but you're brute forcing one path first.

oh im not brute forcing anything, i was just asking about this particular thing.

the reason i ask is that i've heard that there were changes made to DS2 in this version and i want to know if this was always this crazy or if it's only this crazy in the SOTFS version.

But i guess i now know that I thought i knew already, which is try to make progress elsewhere. Wonder where i should look now.

RiggyRob

I loved the Darklurker fight, Darklurker is the only fight in which
I don't mind having a two vs one. They did it really well. I know it's too late for this, but Darklurker is incredibly weak to lightning. This is me fighting Darklurker on NG+: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLvG1cgfhGE video might be a bit choppy because it was with my old rig set-up

I think Darklurker's weak to everything non-physical
that isn't Dark obviously
, but the first time I was banging my head against it my stats were still a mess.

Were you a mage-type at all (like a hexer respecing to sorcery)? If not, that sounds cheap. You failed to git gud. :p

No, I respecced from having 30 Int/30 Faith/ 25 Str/ 20 Dex or something similar to that. I ended up taking a huge chunk of points away from Vit and gave up on the idea of ever using Vengarl's set again despite it being awesome.

Since you're so pissed, if you're on PS4 at around 5 million Soul Memory, I'll give you 30 effigies if you can summon me. Thanks for posting vids. PM about effigies, I'm feeling nice today.

Thanks but that's not necessary, I still have 50+ just from the NPC invasions, and to be honest Dark Chasm gave me an actual reason to use the effigies because I was hoarding them at that point. It was just the tedium of dying to the Havel phantom/Darklurker, having to go through Grandahl's dialogue and offering an effigy multiple times that annoyed me.

Neoweee

oh im not brute forcing anything, i was just asking about this particular thing.

the reason i ask is that i've heard that there were changes made to DS2 in this version and i want to know if this was always this crazy or if it's only this crazy in the SOTFS version.

But i guess i now know that I thought i knew already, which is try to make progress elsewhere. Wonder where i should look now.

That part is one hard enemy replacing two hard enemies of a different kind, which you will fight later.

What Covenant are you in? You're not accidentally Company of Champions, are you?

I think Darklurker's weak to everything non-physical
that isn't Dark obviously
, but the first time I was banging my head against it my stats were still a mess.

No, I respecced from having 30 Int/30 Faith/ 25 Str/ 20 Dex or something similar to that. I ended up taking a huge chunk of points away from Vit and gave up on the idea of ever using Vengarl's set again despite it being awesome.

Thanks but that's not necessary, I still have 50+ just from the NPC invasions, and to be honest Dark Chasm gave me an actual reason to use the effigies because I was hoarding them at that point. It was just the tedium of dying to the Havel phantom/Darklurker, having to go through Grandahl's dialogue and offering an effigy multiple times that annoyed me.

I hate the havel phantom.

I have like 150 effigies because I never use em lol

Now at Sinner's Rise: So i shouldn't try to fight the fucking boss they threw down there in the chest high water basement right?

what the hell, From

Good luck getting past him if you don't. There are some other unpleasant surprises waiting if you try that too.

That was a big surprise for me I was like "what in the shit are you doing here?!" yeah don't try to run past him, that will end in sadness and tears, at least, it did for me.

I actually found running away to be the right choice.
Sprint past his door and he should be coming out as you run past. Roll under that opening attack, and keep an eye out to the right. There's a staircause up which neither he, nor any of his friends will follow you up. Though there will be one of the lesser exploding zombies in the way.

All you can really do is crtl+f4. however, that can result in a softban if you do it too often, so be cautious about that. You can do that or wear a ring of life protection and just let him kill you, keep your souls & human form but all monsters respawn. I'm not sure how many times you have to disconnect form an invasion to be softbanned, but one time should be fine. You can slo try running your ass off to the boss fog lol.

Yeah, wasn't about to risk it. Especially as they had invaded me like 5 times already. They actually pursued me, following me from Tower Apart to Sinner's Rise. She actually made the aforementioned hallway MORE interesting.

Anyways, after moving on to NG+ last night I'm about eight bosses in. Hopefully I can finish up the Lucatiel and Benhart quests, and get my last few sorceries, hexes, pyromancies and miracles before tuesday
without too much compromising my studying for finals.

Novocaine

Ah, you need a token of fidelity. Do one coop session (as a phantom, not a shade) or, I think you can find one as loot somewhere but I forgot where.

It's the item in Huntsman's Copse where you have to run off the ledge and land on that bullshit ass raised rock without rolling. Way easier to drop a soap stone.

It's the item in Huntsman's Copse where you have to run off the ledge and land on that bullshit ass raised rock without rolling. Way easier to drop a soap stone.

Funny story, I kept jumping from the ledge above the bonfire and got it after like 15 tries, I later realized you can drop form the bridge. good times...

Did they change the pursuer battle in SotFS?
I see a lot of videos of the original DS2 where people use the balista to beat him, and the balista takes out almost all of his hp. But when i hit him with the balista,it only takes a quarter of his life.

Did they change the pursuer battle in SotFS?
I see a lot of videos of the original DS2 where people use the balista to beat him, and the balista takes out almost all of his hp. But when i hit him with the balista,it only takes a quarter of his life.

They may have nerfed the ballista damage since it was pretty op.

I remember one fight after we killed the Pursuer the host killed me with the ballista </3

Hooray! Just beat (my last boss)Sir Alonne! Had banged my head against him earlier for 2 hours barely getting him down to 3/4 his health.
Now I decide to try him again and it only took a few tries lightweight and two-handed. Felt surprisingly easy too.
Never made such weird noises of elation before. :)

Having played 200 hours of the vanilla PS3 version 2 years ago I only meant to get through to the dlc areas as quick as possible before Dks3 releases, but somehow ended up playing it for a 100 hours.
Such a great game! Gonna be weird jumping back in again on tuesday.

_h8bit

Banned
I really want to level up the Blue Sentinal covenant to get those sweet miracles but it just takes so long and i'm really bad at invading lol. I don't think i'll ever do this.

sPW6rzX.jpg

Does anybody know how those stats in the upper right corner work?
I mean, I played this with one sword equipped (loved the sinh fight :p) in right weapon slot 1.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Been playing this after finishing Dark Souls III once (NG) on PS4 and I gotta say, my opinion that this is a damn good game hasn't changed at all.

Still only up to the Earthen Peak area, but DS2 definitely has some elements that are my favorite in the series.

wiibomb

Oh for fucks sake... the smelter demon is totally destroying me. After traying all tips people tried on internet I still can't defeat it.

And I think I already locked myself from co-op, I helped waaaaay too much people and now my soul memory is level 30.

Would anyone be able to do so co-op with me to defeat this thing? PS4, btw.

I remember that you can kill both the host and pursuer quick enough back then that only you got souls out of it.

If you summon another player do you get less souls as a host? Otherwise, why would someone be such a dickanus :(.

Hooray! Just beat (my last boss)Sir Alonne! Had banged my head against him earlier for 2 hours barely getting him down to 3/4 his health.
Now I decide to try him again and it only took a few tries lightweight and two-handed. Felt surprisingly easy too.
Never made such weird noises of elation before. :)

Having played 200 hours of the vanilla PS3 version 2 years ago I only meant to get through to the dlc areas as quick as possible before Dks3 releases, but somehow ended up playing it for a 100 hours.
Such a great game! Gonna be weird jumping back in again on tuesday.

Sir Alonne and Fume are honestly the greatest fights. Super difficult but soooooo rewardingly great. I have like 305 hours in Vanilla and 100 hours in SotFS(about 50% was doing co-op though :p).

I have DaS 3 pre-loaded and I can't wait til Monday :3

I really want to level up the Blue Sentinal covenant to get those sweet miracles but it just takes so long and i'm really bad at invading lol. I don't think i'll ever do this.

There's another way to get those miracles
NG++ you can buy them off a guy in dranglegic castle

Oh for fucks sake... the smelter demon is totally destroying me. After traying all tips people tried on internet I still can't defeat it.

And I think I already locked myself from co-op, I helped waaaaay too much people and now my soul memory is level 30.

Smelter is pretty easy tbh. I just attacked him when he would do his somersault sword into the ground and explode attack, he has a nice window of opportunity then. Also pretty sure there are NPCs you can summon.

I would help, but I'm on PC sorry mate.

Tarkus

List your soul memory when asking for help.

A bit yes. Kinda like my constant 99 Human Effigies.

Lol I have 36 Effigies on my person I hardly ever summon help and I would also using Ring of Binding so I never needed to use Effigies.

I'm about to fight the two tigers solo wish me luck. If I honestly can't beat them on NG while being like lvl 256 I should uninstall

No maxed token of fidelity or have you used them for healing?

I used maybe 3 or 4 for healing the host. I like being a Sunbro more, but I might do to Token of Fidelity, I was getting summoned into NG++ fights because of how hi my SM was :p

Edit: Okay, so made it through the path to the Tigers using only 6 Lifegems(one was to top off after putting my lifegem back on.) Time to fight the tigers

Goddammit. I died because Lud survived with a literal pixel of health and I got ravaged from front and back...

Carry two weapons because they kill your durability. Armor is good, stamina is better. I can help if you're struggling.

I FINALLY did it, and with the second lion in rage mode no less. That is one of the worst fights ever, now I just gotta level up in bell covenant and I can NG+ this :p. Thanks for the offer though :D

Omg the NeoGAF ads of Dark Souls 3 D: Google Ads pls...

Anyone that is interested GmG is going 20% off the base game of DaS 3 and 17% off the Ultimate edition which comes with the sound track and season pass

Use APR20 to get 20% off the base game.

Tarkus

Omg the NeoGAF ads of Dark Souls 3 D: Google Ads pls...

Anyone that is interested GmG is going 20% off the base game of DaS 3 and 17% off the Ultimate edition which comes with the sound track and season pass

Use APR20 to get 20% off the base game.

Yet I still get my Day One Edition 2 days after release. Fuck you Amazon Prime!!

Top Bottom