• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls III |OT2| Welcome to NG+, Unkindled One

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Huh. Ended up finishing NG today.

Not sure how I feel about the story elements, and how they combine into a lot of 'similar' big boss, dodge 1-3 hits and get a swing in, repeat gameplay.

Could just be souls fatigue, I guess, but something about DS3 isn't grabbing me the same way as any past game - at least, for now.

Some interesting new fights for sure, though, especially in the later half of the game.

LiK

Man, NG+ already feels like a grind just rushing through it. At least I am killing most bosses in one shot now. I was able to just tank all of Sulyvahn's moves without even guarding. need to get all NG+ rings and i'm off to NG++

Manu

Confused on this as well. Pretty sure it's just two. Would love 3 though, and I guess they set a precedent for 3 with DS2. We'll see.

From the comments in the Reddit thread:

translation about DLC is wrong.

編輯:未來 DLC 的計畫將會超過 3 個章節嗎?

宮崎:目前能公開的只有兩個大型更新的章節。首章在 2016 年秋天,第二章於 2017 年初。

Q: will there be more than DLCs?

Miyazaki: right now there are only two (that we can tell you about). the first one is 2016 Fall and second one is early 2017

(there is no mention of 3rd dlc.by Miyazaki)

WX3

Man, NG+ already feels like a grind just rushing through it. At least I am killing most bosses in one shot now. I was able to just tank all of Sulyvahn's moves without even guarding. need to get all NG+ rings and i'm off to NG++

On NG+ for me and I one shotted every boss save for the last! On my first run, the final boss was one of the few I one shotted!

From the comments in the Reddit thread:

translation about DLC is wrong.

編輯:未來 DLC 的計畫將會超過 3 個章節嗎?

宮崎:目前能公開的只有兩個大型更新的章節。首章在 2016 年秋天,第二章於 2017 年初。

Q: will there be more than DLCs?

Miyazaki: right now there are only two (that we can tell you about). the first one is 2016 Fall and second one is early 2017

(there is no mention of 3rd dlc.by Miyazaki)
Thanks I was wondering why the translation mention 3 DLCs. I assumed that could have been a mistranslation.

I finally figured out my fashion for my dex character
dark_souls_iii_04_26_2016___13_36_23_02_by_realghostvids-da0e4li.jpg

Also, I completely missed this on my first playthrough, but did anyone else find this in L
othric
C
astle
? There's a
small pool of wax that you can dunk your head into! I have no idea if it does anything.

ramyeon

LiK

On NG+ for me and I one shotted every boss save for the last! On my first run, the final boss was one of the few I one shotted!

so far i only died to HLW cuz i was being dumb trying to get last shot without keeping track of his moves and he did his breath again.

Rocketz

Also, I completely missed this on my first playthrough, but did anyone else find this in L
othric
C
astle
? There's a
small pool of wax that you can dunk your head into! I have no idea if it does anything.

It protects you against the phantom arms in the bookshelves

BraXzy

I played another hour or so tonight, managed to get to the
Tower on the Hill?
bonfire and then dipped my toes in the surrounding areas.

Still slow goings but I'm gradually getting my grip on everything. One main question though...

What stats should I be levelling up? I've gone for a few in Vigor, Strength and maybe one or two in endurance so far? I started as a Knight. I feel like I'm struggling to maintain my stamina so I'm thinking more endurance but idk.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Uhh what?

Q: How many DLCs will there be?

A: We will make three large DLCs as planned. First one will be out in Fall 2016, Second one in Early 2017, Third one doesn't have a date yet.

Season pass only states two.
Season passes don't always cover all the future content, unfortunately.

Manu

People really have trouble with NK's first phase? I'm a terrible player and I died maybe 20 times in that fight but that was exclusively during the second phase.

I only used an estus or two during phase 1.

Khezu

Some random thoughts.

Sacred Flame is the best thing ever.

I oddly suck at dodging piercing attacks.

The camera reset being the same button as lock on can be obnoxious at times.

LiK

People really have trouble with NK's first phase? I'm a terrible player and I died maybe 20 times in that fight but that was exclusively during the second phase.

Yea, first phase isn't too bad. Pretty predicable overall and easy to dodge once you recognize the patterns. The second phase is crazy.

Steel

Banned

For that phase I think
that if you beat the ancient dragon from DS2
you'd already know all the tells to look for. There's also the added benefit that
this dragon doesn't one-shot you.

Astral

What's considered the first phase? The
dragon
? That part is cake. I can even just chill and fire arrows if I want. The actual fight is destroying me though. I'm dealing only about 186 damage a hit with a fully upgraded washing pole.

I haven't beaten the game yet (still have a few bosses and areas left) but I decided to tune into a speedrun stream none of the less.

I've been playing a character that runs some Int to use some of the "stealth" sorcery (Hidden Body, Spook, Chameleon) and Spook completely removes falling damage as long as you don't activate a forced death trigger on a fall. Several times I used it, I think "this spell has a lot of potential in a speedrun if they can find some good skips, but I don't know if they will route it in because of the stat investment and needing to buy it."

And then I see distortion cast Spook.

Ogawa-san

Took a few tries to get used to the camera quirks and how it'd keep you from seeing a giant weapon coming your way. But after a while it'd keep all my estus charges for phase 2.

Steel

Banned
What's considered the first phase? The
dragon
? That part is cake. I can even just chill and fire arrows if I want. The actual fight is destroying me though. I'm dealing only about 186 damage a hit with a fully upgraded washing pole.

Try
dodging the moment you see him pull his arm back for a strike.
The boss gives you the impression that you can get one more hit in, when you can't.

It also helps that in the same situation in the first phase, you can get one more hit in. Somewhat similar to Ludwig that way, but nowhere near as bad.

pupcoffee

Jeez, I don't know if I can take so much DLC. I've already had enough of the game and there's still a few big areas left. The idea of replaying just seems daunting. Demon's Souls and Bloodborne end right when I want them to.

I played another hour or so tonight, managed to get to the
Tower on the Hill?
bonfire and then dipped my toes in the surrounding areas.

Still slow goings but I'm gradually getting my grip on everything. One main question though...

What stats should I be levelling up? I've gone for a few in Vigor, Strength and maybe one or two in endurance so far? I started as a Knight. I feel like I'm struggling to maintain my stamina so I'm thinking more endurance but idk.
Hp and stamina are never really wasted.

Daft Punk

Banned
Fuck
Road of Sacrifices
. I've been stuck here for the last half hour trying to get past these bird fucks. I get all the way to the other side and then slip off the rock and fall. I haven't even gotten past the archway leading down the hill. This game is quickly becoming a "sell and come back later" title. UC4 is right around the corner and I don't want to be playing this when it comes out.

LiK

Fuck
Road of Sacrifices
. I've been stuck here for the last half hour trying to get past these bird fucks. I get all the way to the other side and then slip off the rock and fall. I haven't even gotten past the archway leading down the hill. This game is quickly becoming a "sell and come back later" title. UC4 is right around the corner and I don't want to be playing this when it comes out.

You're still so early! Just run past them.

Steel

Banned
You're still so early! Just run past them.

Honestly, I think they shouldn't run past them, if they can't manage the birds, then the enemies in the next part of the area are going to be soul-crushing. They should rethink their approach.

Any other recommended stats? I noticed a weapon I picked up required higher stats than I had, can't remember which.

And should I be budding whatever gives me higher equip weight capacity?

Depends on your build and what weapon you're using. Vit allows you to remain light with heavier weapons/armor, but it's not the best stat. As for str/dex, press square on the weapon you're using and look for letters(like d, c, etc lined up with each other). There will be symbols above the letters corresponding to stats. The letter determines how well the damage of the weapon scales with that stat.

Daft Punk

Banned
Honestly, I think they shouldn't run past them, if they can't manage the birds, then the enemies in the next part of the area are going to be soul-crushing. They should rethink their approach.

It's not that I can't handle them, they are just a major pain in the ass especially when the Shaman calls them all to arms.

LiK

It's not that I can't handle them, they are just a major pain in the ass especially when the Shaman calls them all to arms.

I ran past them. They're not even worth fighting cuz they just flail about and sound awful. Just like those crows in BB. Not a big deal, you can skip them.

knitoe

Use a long range weapon, pull one and go 1v1. If you still have problems, which you shouldn't, learn to roll behind and attack. Otherwise, like all trash mobs in "Souls," you can just run pass.

MilkBeard

Lol, I just put on Gundyr's full set and my character can barely move.

Has anyone tried to make this a viable build, for fashion souls and all? Lol. Might as well rock a Havel Shield since this is gonna be sloooow.

pupcoffee

I can't wait to find an ending. I've burned out. Not even going to see what this
Nameless King
business is all about. Next time I will. I don't think I give a shit about the world in this game. For the first time, I think I NEED the community to explain why I should care about this story. Being mostly oblivious felt fine in the previous games.

LiK

Has anyone tried to make this a viable build, for fashion souls and all? Lol. Might as well rock a Havel Shield since this is gonna be sloooow.

I tried them and it's impossible to do anything in them and since poise is broken, you can't even use that heavy gear against bosses and tank them.

Steel

Banned
I ran past them. They're not even worth fighting cuz they just flail about and sound awful. Just like those crows in BB. Not a big deal, you can skip them.

I did and found a bonfire lol. Thanks. XD

Well, if it works out for you it's all good.

So glad that I didn't like the look of Gundyr's armor. I've pumped so much into Vit just to get my current outfit to work out(silver mask + Mirrah Set) under 30. Couldn't imagine rocking that.

I do rock the fire witch set when I go with a heavier weapon, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom