• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Just an update on my dating life. I have been dating almost every week and its been a different girl every time. I had 2 dates this last weekend one of which I slept with, which was not my intention. I liked my 2nd date a lot more than my first but I'm not so sure if she's into me. we did kiss by the end of the night and she said that so far i have been the best guy she has met on eharmony. Don't know if she said that just to be nice or if she actually means it. At the end of our date on Saturday I asked for a second date, we made plans to meet next Sunday. However, yesterday she cancelled those plans and said maybe we could meet on Thursday. I am trying not to have negative thoughts and i have to keep telling myself that she is busy. I'm hoping that this is not a flag (of any color) because this is the second girl on this website that i have really liked. lol I wish i wasn't thinking about it all the time. Here's hoping I get that 2nd date.

Also, i would appreciate any thoughts on this.

Wait, did she move the date closer, to this Thursday? I'm assuming not since you're worried about it?

Sounds like she's either busy or doesn't want to go out with you.
Did she ask you about Thursday, or did you ask her something like "Instead of Sunday, do you want to reschedule?"

Just an update on my dating life. I have been dating almost every week and its been a different girl every time. I had 2 dates this last weekend one of which I slept with, which was not my intention. I liked my 2nd date a lot more than my first but I'm not so sure if she's into me. we did kiss by the end of the night and she said that so far i have been the best guy she has met on eharmony. Don't know if she said that just to be nice or if she actually means it. At the end of our date on Saturday I asked for a second date, we made plans to meet next Sunday. However, yesterday she cancelled those plans and said maybe we could meet on Thursday. I am trying not to have negative thoughts and i have to keep telling myself that she is busy. I'm hoping that this is not a flag (of any color) because this is the second girl on this website that i have really liked. lol I wish i wasn't thinking about it all the time. Here's hoping I get that 2nd date.

Don't assume she's lying when you barely know her. Go out on Thursday. These are like the simplest problems ever, man. Dont overthink this shit.

Astral

She rescheduled it to an exact date instead of saying something like "I'll let you know." Doesn't sound too bad to me.

Wait, did she move the date closer, to this Thursday? I'm assuming not since you're worried about it?

Sounds like she's either busy or doesn't want to go out with you.
Did she ask you about Thursday, or did you ask her something like "Instead of Sunday, do you want to reschedule?"

Well on the date I asked if we could meet next Saturday and she said no because she was going to a concert. She then suggested that we meet on Sunday or on a weekday. I chose Sunday. When she said she was busy on Sunday I asked what about the weekday. That's when she said that she might be free on Thursday. It sure does feel like she's getting ready to drop me like its hot.

Salamando

Currently getting ghosted by this girl...it's messing me up far worse than most. I just don't think I've ever had a first meet end with so much promise that never went any further. I've since deleted her number and all other contact info, so I really have no choice but get over it...just sucks, ya know?

On the bright side, have an interview next week for a job that'll be a 20% pay increase. May not have a woman, but damn do I have a career.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong

Dating every week? 2 dates in one weekend and you got laid?

If this isn't a stealth bragging post, I don't know what is.
Good job! :)

So if I'm reading this right, the girl you LIKE more isn't true one you slept with, but the one who cancelled and rescheduled. There's no way of telling yet -- however, when a woman reschedules a missed date, it can be a good sign. It shows effort on her part to see you again.

Currently getting ghosted by this girl...it's messing me up far worse than most. I just don't think I've ever had a first meet end with so much promise that never went any further. I've since deleted her number and all other contact info, so I really have no choice but get over it...just sucks, ya know?

On the bright side, have an interview next week for a job that'll be a 20% pay increase. May not have a woman, but damn do I have a career.

I feel your pain. but you'll feel so much better when you get over her and move on to the next one.

Not be a dick, but how sure are you the date had a lot of promise and it wasn't you projected a lot of that hope/promise with you seeing what you wanted to see and ignoring signs it wasn't as great as it might have appeared to you?

Good luck with the interview. I had mine earlier this year and it crazy stressful, the interview had be bouncing off walls thinking I said the wrong thing.

Salamando

Not be a dick, but how sure are you the date had a lot of promise and it wasn't you projected a lot of that hope/promise with you seeing what you wanted to see and ignoring signs it wasn't as great as it might have appeared to you?

All the classic signs of interest were there...playing with her hair, lip biting, mutual touching...near the end she was verbally running through her schedule, to figure out when she could meet again. She seemed excited! At the very end she even initiated a kiss!

I know the biggest sign of all is the desire to spend more time together. Her ghosting definitely shows that sign isn't there. And I know the first meet isn't much at all. I just let myself get my hopes up. She seemed excited, so I got excited, only for nothing to happen.

All the classic signs of interest were there...playing with her hair, lip biting, mutual touching...near the end she was verbally running through her schedule, to figure out when she could meet again. She seemed excited! At the very end she even initiated a kiss!

I know the biggest sign of all is the desire to spend more time together. Her ghosting definitely shows that sign isn't there. And I know the first meet isn't much at all. I just let myself get my hopes up.

That does suck, but maybe the kiss is where it went wrong? Maybe she didn't feel any kind of chemistry and decided that was enough to move on?

Either way, sucks because those are indeed very positive signs and it can be rare to see them all during the first date.

Salamando

That does suck, but maybe the kiss is where it went wrong? Maybe she didn't feel any kind of chemistry and decided that was enough to move on?

Either way, sucks because those are indeed very positive signs and it can be rare to see them all during the first date.

I mean, it's possible? But she also could've met someone she liked better, or overthought little things I said, or any number of things that cause people to end it. All I know is it's not worth dwelling on, and it would be better to put my active thoughts somewhere else.

bluethree

Sorry to hear that. I had the same thing happened to me a month back, and that combined with a string of really terrible dates trying to get over her just made me quit. Went from responding to my texts within minutes to taking 2 days while making excuses before ghosting altogether. It stung because out of all the women I've dated this year, she really was the closest to me in terms of thinking and values, so I let myself get a little too excited about it.

I think online dating just encourages this kind of thing so much that I'm giving up on it, at least for now. I was thinking to myself last night about how the socially awkward me of years ago had no problem getting 2nd and 3rd dates (some online, some not), and how there was actually some decency involved (I remember my first OKC date 8 yeasr ago rejecting me after meeting up a couple of times and she actually left a voicemail to do it!). I find myself engaging in this behavior myself to a lesser extent and I don't like it in myself either.

I had a fantastic friday date with a girl where we fucked and it was pretty good and the world was looking up. Then on sunday. i had the best first date of my life and then saw the same girl on Mon and Tuesday.

I had to let friday girl down because i just met someone who clicked better. She was great but its the game we play.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I had a fantastic friday date with a girl where we fucked and it was pretty good and the world was looking up. Then on sunday. i had the best first date of my life and then saw the same girl on Mon and Tuesday.

I had to let friday girl down because i just met someone who clicked better. She was great but its the game we play.

Why not keep both going for awhile to be sure?

Got cornered by some of my third year students, all girls, asking about my love life an hour ago haha. I told them I wasn't interested in the other staffers at school and they listed out all the ladies who work here lol. They are going to try and push the home ec teacher on me lol. (She is kinda cute)

Then I asked them to help me practice my Japanese a bit for talking to girls I don't really know (the upcoming meeting with the bank girls last post) which was actually kinda helpful lol. Then one of them randomly says "wait why are you getting advice from a bunch of 14 year olds haha" which is exactly what I was thinking lol. But they did put me on the right path with my grammar so thats something rofl. The kids I work with are great haha.

gwailo

Banned
Got cornered by some of my third year students, all girls, asking about my love life an hour ago haha. I told them I wasn't interested in the other staffers at school and they listed out all the ladies who work here lol. They are going to try and push the home ec teacher on me lol. (She is kinda cute)

Then I asked them to help me practice my Japanese a bit for talking to girls I don't really know (the upcoming meeting with the bank girls last post) which was actually kinda helpful lol. Then one of them randomly says "wait why are you getting advice from a bunch of 14 year olds haha" which is exactly what I was thinking lol. But they did put me on the right path with my grammar so thats something rofl. The kids I work with are great haha.

Maybe things are different in Japan but that comes off as creepy. 14 year old shouldn't be involved in your love life or giving you advice.

Salamando

Maybe things are different in Japan but that comes off as creepy. 14 year old shouldn't be involved in your love life or giving you advice.

I have two brothers who are high school teachers in two different states. Students not respecting boundaries when it comes to a male teachers' love life is common enough. He should be stopping anything once it starts, though.

Mory Dunz

?

girls always ask about/are curious about the relationship status of single male teachers. Especially if he is somewhat young. And/or do "pairings" with other female staff. I'd wager it's the whole matchmaking thing that girls seem way more interested in than guys

This happens as early as elementary school and all the way up.

live in the US btw

creepy is the most overused word in the lexicon... -_-

?

girls always ask about/are curious about the relationship status of single male teachers. Especially if he is somewhat young. And/or do "pairings" with other female staff. I'd wager it's the whole matchmaking thing that girls seem way more interested in than guys

This happens as early as elementary school and all the way up.

live in the US btw

creepy is the most overused word in the lexicon... -_-

Just like in my Japanese animes

How do y'all set up multiple dates a week with different people?

I can barely seem to find time for one or two, if I actually find someone willing to go out.

Maybe my schedule is just too busy and I need to revaluate things.

As shallow as it sounds I'd like to find someone to go out with during the holidays cause I love this time of year.

Femto.

So I am now 0/5 asking girls out whom I've never met before.

Asked this cute girl on a date yesterday, she was studying, on my way out of the study lounge I usually go to on campus. I know dating is a numbers game (the more you ask, one is bound to say yes), but am I going wrong about this?

"Hey, I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date with me this weekend?" Is what I told her, and she said she had a bf. Doesn't matter whether her answer was truthful or not, I am just wondering if I am being too direct or is it alright? Only because the girl made a facial expression of being surprise and it didn't seem like she anticipated it lol I have asked for numbers before and that hasn't worked when I finally hit them up to go out.

What are you approaches to people you come across in public and are attracted to?

How do y'all set up multiple dates a week with different people?

I can barely seem to find time for one or two, if I actually find someone willing to go out.

Maybe my schedule is just too busy and I need to revaluate things.

As shallow as it sounds I'd like to find someone to go out with during the holidays cause I love this time of year.
I'm in a worse boat. I remember some life coach telling me I should be going on multiple dates a week. Haven't been on a single date in over a month since my ex broke up with me ( had 2 people flake out on me). Fun times... At least now I'm back to being apathetic, and not super anxious and sad about my ex... So there's some solace in that.

Salamando

So I am now 0/5 asking girls out whom I've never met before.

Asked this cute girl on a date yesterday, she was studying, on my way out of the study lounge I usually go to on campus. I know dating is a numbers game (the more you ask, one is bound to say yes), but am I going wrong about this?

"Hey, I was wondering if you'd like to go on a date with me this weekend?" Is what I told her, and she said she had a bf. Doesn't matter whether her answer was truthful or not, I am just wondering if I am being too direct or is it alright? Only because the girl made a facial expression of being surprise and it didn't seem like she anticipated it lol I have asked for numbers before and that hasn't worked when I finally hit them up to go out.

What are you approaches to people you come across in public and are attracted to?

Are you leading off by asking her for the date, or do you engage in smalltalk first?

Femto.

Are you leading off by asking her for the date, or do you engage in smalltalk first?

Well, the girl from yesterday first asked me to watch her things for her since she had to go to the bathroom and I never noticed her until then since I was studying. She came back and thanked me, and then I asked her out as I left.

Previously, I led with small talk, ask for their number, and then text them for a date later on. I guess this also leads on to something else I haven't been able to tackle, how would you go about approaching a girl while she is with a friend/group of friends?

M52B28

Banned
Well, that was interesting.

I have some conflicting interests. Another classmate and I decided to BBQ at the artist's studio and we didn't inform anyone, so it caught most people by surprise

I ended up BBQing for seven hours for the people in my lectures. There's a Chinese American woman that I met recently due to the lectures and a Swedish woman that I've known for a year. I've mentioned them here.

The Chinese woman just came back from a business trip from Paris and was dressed in this sexy Parisian dress and the Swedish girl came up dressed in spaghetti strap pink dress. They both approached me at the same time and started talking to me and complementing my cooking. The Swedish girl was leaving and I got sandwiched between the two as I was reaching out for a hug and a kiss, but I remembered that the other woman was right behind me, so I backed off.

I feel confused as fuck. They hadn't even met each other. I asked both of them if they had boyfriends, which they don't, and asked them out. My classmate that helped arrange the meat for the BBQ (he's 67) started teasing us about how the Swede and I were constantly all over each other the other day, she went blush pink, and another classmate mentioned something as well another time to me and asked if we were together.

The Chinese woman actually stuck around and helped me clean up, but we didn't say much. After she kinda fumbled an opportunity for me and made me feel like an ass while she was in Paris, I didn't talk to her for about three weeks until she got back this week.

There's definitely something between the Swedish woman and I, but I feel like there could be something with the other.

I don't know which to go for. Both are very beautiful and great people.
The BBQ had the whole studio spooked out. Straight up, people said it was the best home BBQ they had.

What to do...?

Salamando

What to do...?

You still haven't asked either out? It feels like you've been waffling on this all semester. If you had asked one of them out the moment you met, you would've had enough time to date one for a good amount of time, break up, get over it, and ask the other one.

Pick one. Flip a coin if you must. Or take both out on one or two dates. Just whatever you, make a decision. The longer you wait, the more likely it is one (or both) will just consider you a friend, if they haven't already. You've typed up way too much about either in this thread.

Well, the girl from yesterday first asked me to watch her things for her since she had to go to the bathroom and I never noticed her until then since I was studying. She came back and thanked me, and then I asked her out as I left.

Previously, I led with small talk, ask for their number, and then text them for a date later on. I guess this also leads on to something else I haven't been able to tackle, how would you go about approaching a girl while she is with a friend/group of friends?

If someone straight up asked me out on a date with no introduction or small talk, I would say no, regardless of my own relationship status. Establish at least some kind of rapport with them first.

Playing the lottery is a numbers game, too.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
If someone straight up asked me out on a date with no introduction or small talk, I would say no, regardless of my own relationship status. Establish at least some kind of rapport with them first.

Playing the lottery is a numbers game, too.

I'm imagining someone asking a person out without any build up. It sounds hilarious.

gwailo

Banned
It just seems awkward as fuck, especially since they were just coming out of the bathroom. No wonder the girl immediately went with the "I have a boyfriend" line.

"Speaking of pinching loaves, there's a really great bakery down the street, wanna grab a bite to eat?"

Brodnax

The funny thing is that every time I got rejected, I never took it personally. With the classmate I asked out like a week ago I even came to the conclusion that I'm simply not her type. I think I'm afraid that after so many failed attempts, I eventually will take it personally and it'll fuck up my self-esteem even more. I mean, if I fail every time it's only natural that I'm the one doing something wrong right?

My man, you need to understand that there's not such thing as "her type" you can be with anyone you want.

Femto.

Alright then, more build up next time. It's the first time I got a startled response like that and it's the most direct I ever have been. Trial and error.

Edit: For clarity, I didn't do it as soon as she came out do the bathroom. It was about 40 minutes after, which was when I was heading to my next class.

Alright then, more build up next time. It's the first time I got a startled response like that and it's the most direct I ever have been. Trial and error.

Edit: For clarity, I didn't do it as soon as she came out do the bathroom. It was about 40 minutes after, which was when I was heading to my next class.

Had she washed her hands yet, though?

M52B28

Banned
You still haven't asked either out?.
I just decided to stick with the Swedish woman. She... I've known her for a bit and she is more open to new things. Isn't as uptight like the other woman.

I went to the studio to check on some pieces that I made before it closed and she walked in unexpectedly and we started talking. I told her I had to go to work, but she offered a ride. Ended up running around to an art shop she likes etc.

She had never been through the town that I work in much, but she mentioned that she loves this bar that she got cocktails at and drove by it to show me. I jokingly said that we should grab a quick drink, but I didn't want to go to work tipsy.

She had never heard of the place I work at, so I offered to show her around before I started.

Leaving, we ended our talks, she gave her arm had a nice kiss and the hug we missed and she left. We're going to get a few drinks Friday night at the place she mentioned. I have some volunteer work planned at a vet's center doing cooking all day Friday, so I hope that doesn't burn my brain out.

That's that.

Told her I wanted to get her high for the first time the other day as well. Should be a good night. 😅

gaiages

Banned
So more build up and stuff. Ugh talking to people is hard.

Well I mean, at least ask for the woman's name and/or major or something, instead of flat out walking up and going "Hi, wanna go out with me?" The later typically triggers natural "no" reflexes lol.

Nudull

Banned
So, post-Trump and shit went south fast with the girl I was seeing. She's Hispanic and had depression issues, and I had to talk her out of suicide at one point. I told her that I cared for her and was afraid of losing her in all this shit, but she's drifted away. Hasn't texted since.

Shit sucks so much.

artsi

Chatted with a girl on Tinder for one day, asked her out and she said she's not that quick to meet people from online.

Well she's been messaging me for a week now, I guess I should ask again lol.

Normally I would've given up after couple days but she's the one that keeps approaching me if I don't message her for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom