• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it's more related to online dating but the thread since kinda dead so I post it here :

How many matchs you get on your first days on Tinder ? I swiped right like 350 girls and only got 2 matchs so far even though I started it like 2 days ago, is it normal or have I just really bad photos ?

I know it's more related to online dating but the thread since kinda dead so I post it here :

How many matchs you get on your first days on Tinder ? I swiped right like 350 girls and only got 2 matchs so far even though I started it like 2 days ago, is it normal or have I just really bad photos ?

For guys? Normal, I think. None in my first day. I've gotten about 8 in my first week. There are more guys than girls.

Roufianos

I mean yeah it's a double standard

But that seems like a bizzare and lame thing to go around telling people

Either way it makes you weird

How does that even come up... That's just incredibly weird if you just keep bringing it up hoping to pick a fight.

"Hey Joe, how's it going?'

"How's going is that I will NEVER date a girl with inadequate breasts again is how it's going."

"Uh... Okay... See you around"

A: So are tell me about this girl you're seeing

Me: List a bunch of things I like. Discussion follows. Lastly notes size of breasts as an added bonus.

A: Oh wow

Me: Yep, never gonna date a girl with bellow DDs again. Said with smile on face.

A: That's pretty shallow though

Me: Obviously I'm joking but I don't see how it's any different to a girl saying she won't date under 6ft

A: Hmm, I guess

TipsyArchmage

Neo Member

Me: List a bunch of things I like. Discussion follows. Lastly notes size of breasts as an added bonus.

Me: Yep, never gonna date a girl with bellow DDs again. Said with smile on face.

Me: Obviously I'm joking but I don't see how it's any different to a girl saying she won't date under 6ft

Neat

I still think that's weird

yeah guys hope it goes better than my last times

I've been on Tinder several times, got quite a few matches, but never actually got to a date. I find the girls really flaky, since the ethos of the app (despite many saying they're looking for something solid) is quite casual and laid back.

Neat

I still think that's weird

Eh, it's his friendship I guess, he'll know what they're comfortable with discussing.

I do wonder how the girl in question would respond though...

I've been on Tinder several times, got quite a few matches, but never actually got to a date. I find the girls really flaky, since the ethos of the app (despite many saying they're looking for something solid) is quite casual and laid back.

What do you mean by ethos of the app ? (haha lost one of my two matches in the mean time lol)

I still do not grasp why you would even bring this up

Servbot24

Banned

This is so bizarre and uncomfortable

So went on a second date with this girl, and she talked about how she still hangs out with her ex (and that he's a dick to her sometimes but she still hangs out anyway).. Is that a major red flag?

gaiages

Banned
I've been dating a girl with FFs for about a month now and joking telling every girl I know that I'm never dating a girl with smaller than DDs again.

They call me sexist and shallow. I respond by asking how it's any different to a girl wanting a guy who's 6ft. They don't have an answer.

Of course they don't have an answer. They haven't been lectured ad nauseam about gendered double-standards like we have.

It's like when women my age get pissy because single guys my age go after girls in their early-to-mid 20s. They get all huffy until you ask who they were into that age; then they shut up.

You two are something special. I'm sure there's no double standards about other aspects of dating that work against women (like sexual experience, or weight), it's only the men that get the shaft right? :p

Also why even bother to act so confrontative about double standards everyone knows about, you just come off like an ass. Both sides have to deal with it, bringing it in such a defensive way, well...

Oh, geez it's more awkward than I imagined

I invited a girl from work over to my place on Friday and while we had an awesome time, I honestly think I fucked up. I'm usually chill with casual sex but I have never had any flings with coworkers (for good reason) and now I feel a little too attached to this girl despite knowing that we're still just friends with benefits. It's mostly because we get along really well and I think I developed actual feelings for her in the past 8 months of flirting and working together.

I honestly have no idea how to be as casual as I need to be with a girl I have to see 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Keeping it cool at work is not an issue for me, but I really want to see her again and don't want to come off as clingy or something. I sent her a text the next day saying that I had a good time and would like it if we went out again next week, and I feel like even that was a little too much.

I know I fucked up the second I decided to get involved with a co-worker, but now that it's done I'm kinda freaking out. Any tips from people with better sense than me?

MogCakes

I think I may have misread a chance at a fling. I hit it off with a girl and there was a lot of flirty chatter, we agreed on a day and she asked me to pick a place. I assumed this meant a restaurant or place we could go out. She never said the word restaurant nor mentioned food though, that was all me. I gave a Sushi place and she's since ghosted. It's dawned on me that I probably missed the intent by a wide mile.

This girl and i reconnected a few months ago just as friends as we used to go to the same high school and mutally know her cousin)

she is dating someone currently and despite this we still chat online as friends

We've All hung out a few times and her and i converse on messenger which normally goes well

Suddenly last we shes blocked me on facebook seemingly out of the blue

Is this something that happens often to people as its the first time i've experienced it

Thanks gaf

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
This girl and i reconnected a few months ago just as friends as we used to go to the same high school and mutally know her cousin)

she is dating someone currently and despite this we still chat online as friends

We've All hung out a few times and her and i converse on messenger which normally goes well

Is this something that happens often to people as its the first time i've experienced it

Thanks gaf

I dunno, sounds like either:

Dude she's dating saw her messaging you and asked/told her to block you.

She was being nice by responding to your messages, but you were actually creeping her out.

Met a girl a few weeks ago, we've been in constant WhatsApp contact since then, plus one really long phone call (and by that I mean 3 hours+). Chatted about stuff, got a little flirty at times, I offered to cook for her next weekend (because she can't cook for shit. Seriously.), she lives about 2 hours away though. Not the end of the world, nevertheless slightly inconvenient.

Now of course I am freaking out because overthinking is just what I do and I am worried that I misread things. All my female friends say I'm good, she is interested, but nevertheless I hate mostly having written messages to go on. If you see and hear a person you can gauge these situations a lot better.

Thanks gaf

That's odd. I would just forget about it. You can't make people wanna talk to you of respomd so.you just move on when they do stuff that indicates they dont want communication with you.

Afrocious

I think I'm going to drop online dating.

I get a lot more dates online, but they're all pretty much misses. I tend to enjoy dating girls I meet randomly.

Ray Wonder

Met a girl a few weeks ago, we've been in constant WhatsApp contact since then, plus one really long phone call (and by that I mean 3 hours+). Chatted about stuff, got a little flirty at times, I offered to cook for her next weekend (because she can't cook for shit. Seriously.), she lives about 2 hours away though. Not the end of the world, nevertheless slightly inconvenient.

Now of course I am freaking out because overthinking is just what I do and I am worried that I misread things. All my female friends say I'm good, she is interested, but nevertheless I hate mostly having written messages to go on. If you see and hear a person you can gauge these situations a lot better.

She's interested, unless you really went out of your way to make it not sound like a date.

I dunno, sounds like either:

Dude she's dating saw her messaging you and asked/told her to block you.

She was being nice by responding to your messages, but you were actually creeping her out.
could be and fair enough but we all hung out a few times which was fun i just thought it was weird and a bit out of the blue

That's odd. I would just forget about it. You can't make people wanna talk to you of respomd so.you just move on when they do stuff that indicates they dont want communication with you.

yeah can't do much us else but thanks its just good to talk about this stuff

She's interested, unless you really went out of your way to make it not sound like a date.

I did not.

And I really need a find a way to shut my stupid brain up from time to time. Because even if I was 100% certain she was interested I still feel like I would find something to obsess over and pick apart and ruin the whole thing.

Dickleson

Banned

In my prime i was getting about 40/100, but now because of the stupid algorithms I'm only getting around 4-6/100

Ray Wonder

I did not.

And I really need a find a way to shut my stupid brain up from time to time. Because even if I was 100% certain she was interested I still feel like I would find something to obsess over and pick apart and ruin the whole thing.

Yeah, I ruined a lot due to overthinking, I know where you're coming from.

yeah can't do much us else but thanks its just good to talk about this stuff

Yeah you mostly need to be w/e about this type of thing. No point really stressing. Just do your own thing. I advise though. If this person tries to get in contact with you again without stating a good reason (unprompted, you shouldn't ask) do not respond. Do not entertain. Just ignore. Partof the game is being able to move on and stay removed.

I did not.

Just remove the guess work and plainly state what.you want and what shit is. There is no fucking point in wanting a date but trying your best to get someone to commit without calling it that. Just plainly state it. Just say what you want. She isn't going to suddenly change what she wants based on w/e intricate scenario you try to create.

Women aren't dumb, they know whether they are interested in you. There is no such thing as the perfect moment. As long as you are not dumb as fuck or abrasive there isn't much to lose being upfront.

Jokab

Some people will do that so they feel less guilty when they ghost. Was it the first date?

Happened to me too on a first date, she was super eager to see me again but I wasn't really into it. Maybe it was to compensate for a perceived lack of interest?

I think I'm going to drop online dating.

I get a lot more dates online, but they're all pretty much misses. I tend to enjoy dating girls I meet randomly.
I hate online dating, but it's pretty much the only way I'll meet anybody. I don't meet girls randomly. Got set up by two friends, but that fizzled out.

Because my friends are working weekends right now, I haven't gone out in ages (I know certain members of GAF say "go out alone", but it just doesn't sound fun to me sorry) on the weekend. Want to get a date before Christmas, but it's hard! Got blown off by this girl who initially seemed really eager, which I know is just par the course, but oh well.

My perspective on its all changed really, I'm more laid back about it but I just want to get confident and better :)

(I know certain members of GAF say "go out alone", but it just doesn't sound fun to me sorry)/QUOTE]

Make new friends then. The reason people give this response is because it's your responsibility to make yourself social and put yourself out there. It's a lame ass excuse to complain about not going out but then take zero steps to remedy that.

Maybe be more asserrtive. Try something new?

Seems like a girl as a crush on me (and me too) but the only thing is that I don't get to meet her a lot, the only to contact her is with facebook and I wonder if it's ok if I invite her on a date with this ? Thanks

bluethree

You already have her on FB and arent looking her up there randomly? If that's the case and you have no other way to do it, it's no big deal.

An eye opening experience to say the least.

3. Raising another man's children. Everytime I see them, I am reminded that she has already been there, done that, with another man. This other man will always be a part of her life, and an emotional connection will always be there to an extent. It doesn't help that he is still messaging her saying "I miss you" etc.

It's hard as fuck playing 3rd wheel. Again, I get it. This is just the way it is.

In conclusion, I feel like I am being used for emotional support, for a father figure to another deadbeat's kids. I get almost zero time with her and I have to accept that I will always be a 3rd wheel in her life. The hardest part about this is that she is an incredible woman, and without the kids, I would absolutely feel comfortable marrying and starting a family with.

I snipped some of your post because I wanted to give an alternate perspective without going line by line. My girlfriend and her two children moved in with me recently. We've been together for close to 2 years. Yes, the children always come first, which is a jarring change for a single man, but over time you start putting them first as well. The two of you will make time for each other, but depending on the kids ages (in your case, that's really young so they are an enormous time sink) this varies. A good family support structure can be crucial.

Re: another man's kids. Fuck that. They aren't together anymore. Every situation is different; in mine, their father sees them about twice a year. Usually doesn't want to talk to him when he FaceTimes weekly because he has no real connection to him other than "that's daddy". It doesn't bother me. I hope they have a relationship with their father. But I'm the one helping to raise them, and I know what I mean to them.

You have to know if kids are for you. The kids in your situation are young enough that they'll forget you if you leave, but you still have to recognize the responsibility of it all and determine if it's something you want in life. I decided it was. It's a lot of work, but my girl shows me every day that she values me and loves me. If she didn't it would be a different story.

I'm in my mid 30s and I'm finally building up the courage to get out there and start dating. I met with someone earlier this evening and it was... awkward. I was obviously nervous and tried my best to keep some conversation going. There were several periods of awkward silence. Then I'd blurt out some odd question just to say something. We were at the coffee shop for almost an hour but it felt like an eternity. Not because of her, she seems like a genuinely interesting person. She just really seemed bored.

I'm very socially awkward and have anxiety issues. So just having made it through the meal without having a panic attack was something I guess. Any progress is good progress so they say.

Crazy thing is she actually agreed to meet up again this weekend. Either that or she just didn't want to turn me down to my face. Guess I'll find out soon enough.

She wouldn't meet you again if she didn't have any interest in you, just keep that in mind when you see her again

Yep. Trust me, I've had dates that have gone nowhere and you bet I never got a follow up for the next date.

She sees something in you so relax, man. Just have fun and be yourself, and if she's a good fit for you she'll enjoy that and you'll be dating.

That's all there is to it.

Got invited to be a +1 to a holiday party by that girl who said she wasn't yet ready to date when I asked her out over the summer. We've hung out and flirted since so that's kind of neat.

We'll see how it goes though. She's told me she doesn't enjoy her job all that much so at worst I'll just be there to keep her company and at best maybe we'll find something fun to do afterwards if we're having a good time.

Either way it's a night out with an attractive woman and I get a nice dinner out of it. No complaints.

Been too busy to keep up with online dating but next year I want to change that. Little late to look for first dates around Christmas since everyone's busy with family and friends.

Xun

Girl I went out with today paid for our date... I guess I'll never hear from her again :(
The girls I've been out with have typically always gone halves, thankfully.

The girl I'm seeing at the moment even paid for our meal on the 2nd date since it was my birthday the day before...

Had a date last night, thought it went super well! We both seemed to click really well, way better than like the past 3 dates I've gone on. We went to dinner and for once I didn't feel awkward eating with someone new lol.

However..... we only used snapchat but idk I told her I had a really good time afterwards and her response was just "That's good" and then after that like one picture then nothing now.

Soo woo?

WolfeTone

Recently I've been getting a lot more matches on Tinder with girls in their late 20s. I'm 27. Not too interesting in itself, but what is new is that a lot of them are messaging first and within a few minutes of matching too.

I shouldn't complain about being messaged first, but they send such boring messages and it's hard for the conversation to be very engaging after that point, even if I try to steer it in a more lighthearted direction. I'm realizing that many of these people have no game whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom