• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dating Age |OT$6| Just ask her out already

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaiages

Banned
PSA: Lube isn't just for old dried up women. If you're big, splash it on. Your lady will thank you. Fucking seriously

Actually the reason registration takes so long is because Evillore has to jet over to wherever you are and ensure you're above average. That "no free email" thing is just a cover story.

Easy to get around with a quick google searched magnum dong ;D

FyreWulff

I was taking it slow before, but I'm definitely going to take lube next time just in case.

It certainly doesn't help that I suffer with anxiety, so my mind is already thinking about next time going the same way...

I know it may sound like I'm bragging, but it honestly made me feel pretty shit.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with bringing lube. Sometimes not even all the foreplay to get all loosened up will work, because everyone's parts are slightly different and women can also have varying degrees of vaginismus. The best way I found to handle this situation is lube but also having them get on top so they're in direct control of the pace and deepness at first, since anxiety + you being on top will make you even more nervous.

What also helps is the first couple of times, just work the nipples and body and bring her to O with your hands, then bear hug her and run your fingers around the body as they feel the afterglow. Building a bond and showing her by action that you trust her can make people feel waaaay more comfortable for moving to penetrative sex. Even better: invest in a Magic Wand. It can be easier to relieve the tension when you got her speaking in tongues, plus you can stick it between you and her during sex for an O multiplier.

But sometimes you can just be legit size-incompatible and that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with either of you, but if the full deal is what you both want it usually ends up with both moving on to more sexually compatible partners.

WolfeTone

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with bringing lube. Sometimes not even all the foreplay to get all loosened up will work, because everyone's parts are slightly different and women can also have varying degrees of vaginismus. The best way I found to handle this situation is lube but also having them get on top so they're in direct control of the pace and deepness at first, since anxiety + you being on top will make you even more nervous.

What also helps is the first couple of times, just work the nipples and body and bring her to O with your hands, then bear hug her and run your fingers around the body as they feel the afterglow. Building a bond and showing her by action that you trust her can make people feel waaaay more comfortable for penetrative sex. Even better: invest in a Magic Wand. It can be easier to relieve the tension when you got them speaking in tongues.

Always wondered about this. As a dude, how would girls feel if we're getting down to it and I reach over to my sex drawer and pull out a Hitachi Wand or something. Feels like it's something you should not reveal the first time you have sex.

FyreWulff

Always wondered about this. As a dude, how would girls feel if we're getting down to it and I reach over to my sex drawer and pull out a Hitachi Wand or something. Feels like it's something you should not reveal the first time you have sex.

Usually they'll already have one of their own and are extremely happy that you aren't afraid of toy usage. Definitely like, make sure they're fine with using it on them if you have your own, because the Wand can be waaaaay too intense for some women.

Well I went on the date today, it went really nice and we just talked the whole time. Afterwards I messaged if she wanted to go out again and she said she wasn't interested in me romantically. So woo. On to the next, again. At this point I don't even know anymore.

vitacola

Well ...
This is a cry for help, with a little ranting and a lot of unnecessary back story :D

A month and a half ago I met a girl at a student party in a tent next to the university. Actually I wasn't looking for a girl there, I just went spontaneously with a colleague because he's kinda desperate looking for new people/a new gf and wanted some company. I had no intention to meet girls at all. Just grab a few beers after work and chat with friends. Later that evening our group (actually a friend of mine and his posse) chatted up a group of girls and I went of looking for a couple of beers. When I came back the event was over and the security guards made us leave the area. Someone asked: "Where are the girls? They wanted to hit another club and drink some tequilas with us..." Me: "Well, I just go back and look for them." So I went back into the tent, looked for them and found the cute one. "Hey, you said you'd like to drink tequila with us." "Yeah, sure!" The security guard asked us to leave again. "Yeah, sure." We went outside the tent. And she just stopped and started chatting with me. She's new to the city, just started studying here, got fed up with the work she did before, comes from a town nearby, lives in a 1 room apartment. Actually she knew what she wanted and had an idea how she wants to accomplish her goals. I began to get interested in her and kept the conservation going. Actually I started to get into the "zone" and only had eyes and ears for her. My friends started to pull out their phones, pointing at them. I grinned, nodded and focused on her again. A few moments later we headed to the next club.
We arrived at the end of the cue, my friends said, "Fuck it, the cue is long, we're outta here, have fun, good luck, see you!" Now I was alone with the cutie's group. When we entered it, I asked for her number. "Well, actually I have a boyfriend, but give me your phone, I'll just enter my number and call myself so I have yours. Oh, please enter your name into my contacts. Thanks!" OOOOOKAAAAY. The first moment of great confusion, but I didn't think much about it and just went on to have some fun. After we got to the bar, we just sat down and went on talking. The beers were empty I looked on my phone and was a little bit terrified. It was already 1 a.m. and I had to work the next day. "Hey, it was real fun, but I have to go now. Work starts in a few hours." "Oh, yeah, I have a lesson in the morning too, I'll go with you." A few steps down the stairs to the wardrobe, she looked at me, and said, "Well, we didn't dance. I really want to dance. You want to come?" "Ah, fuck it, why not?" We went dancing. The music was utter crap. We laughed about it together and I simply looked at her the whole time. So did the rest of my fellow male competitors. All eyez on her like she was Tupac. Yarp, she's a beauty. Suddenly I realized I still had to get up and get to work in the next 5 hours. I told her, asked if she was okay, if I leave. She said, "Sure, I know some people here. Have a good night!" and hugged me.

Two days after this night, I asked her, if she came home safely and if she made her lesson in the morning. She was a bit sick and didn't make it. I told her to get well soon. This was it. A week later I was in Serbia and sent her a picture of a store she used to work for in Germany. "Well, maybe try it in Serbia then?" She laughed (at least the emoji did) and asked me, what I was doing there. I told her, she wished me a nice trip and we went back to silence again.

After two weeks I thought (well, actually I never forgot her) again about her and her actions the night I met her. "Ah, fuck it. There is a holiday coming this week, maybe she wants to go party with me the night before." I sent a text and initiated some smalltalk. She told me about all her projects and stuff she had to do at the moment. I mentally prepared for a rejection because of the few moments free time she had. Yep, called it. She still agreed to a meeting when she had less stuff to do. We made a few jokes about the project and I left her alone again. The next few days I pinged her sporadicly about the project and her exam. Everything went fine and we agreed to meet each other two days later.

Wednesday evening. It was on!
Nervous as fuck I took the tram wondering if her bf will show up and beat me to death or maybe she brought a few friends? Narp, there she was, alone, beautiful as I remembered her, smiled at me and hugged me. We went for drinks and bar hopping. She actually got my hint at a walk to the nightlife area of the city, but the weather wasn't supporting my game. The conversation went on and on, we never got bored (at least I think so) and nobody stared at the phone and texted with others. While listening to her I mentally fist bumped my drunken-me for its choice of women. She actually played with her hair a few time while smiling at me. The best part? She never mentioned the bad, bad word "boyfriend". Not a single time. After 4 hours we got back to the tram station. I may fucked this part a bit up. A few moments before I told her which trams get me back home from here. My tram got into the station, she started to say goodbye and I said, "nah, you're tram is leaving not until almost 15 minutes. I'll wait, get on the same tram as you and will change at this station." "Ah, I got this." "Hm, I have nothing special to do anyway." "Okay." Maybe I should have left her alone and hopped on the tram after a goodbye hug? Probably.
Later I got with her on the tram, the topic was politics. I kinda agreed with her views but had no real interest talking about it in the last few minutes we had this evening. So maybe I was a bit unfocused and seemed bored. At the station where I had to change the tram, we hugged and said goodbye.

Friday morning I messaged her, if she got home safe. (I didn't metnion that I enjoyed our little meeting. Maybe I should have?) She answered "Sure, how about you." Told her everything went smooth and asked her about how her day with her mother was (her mother came to visit her on Thursday). Made a joke. She said "Haha yes" and went silent again. I didn't know what to answer, was a bit fed up with the short answers and went on strolling through Berlin with some friends.

That's like things are now.
I had the feeling that evening went great (if you leave the the things mentioned above out of the equation), but the answers are killing me. Short. Didn't mention how she liked the evening. Didn't say something like, "Wanna join me and some friends clubbing this weekend?" and so on.
Did I read the signs correct?
Every person I spoke to thinks that it's strange to just meet with a complete stranger that's (clearly) interested in you, if you're in a (happy) relationship and to go on with my efforts.
They mentioned different approaches when I asked what they think though.
Some said, "just text her, that you enjoyed the evening and ask her out a second time!"
Others told me, "Wait until she texts you again!"
The third group, "Don't rush and scare her." Although nobody has an idea what "don't rush it" means in days.
At the moment I'm thinking about texting her on Monday/Tuesday asking her if she wants to meet again this week(end).

I'm not a fan of the "old" saying "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."
If somebody is interested in me, I would appreciate knowing about it and would feel flattered.

I hate this game to the fullest.

TL;DR: Met a girl that told me she was in a relationship. Met with her anyway. Had a great time together. Felt like she actually has no bf. No idea what's up now and how to go on ...

Booser

Well ...
This is a cry for help, with a little ranting and a lot of unnecessary back story :D

A month and a half ago I met a girl at a student party in a tent next to the university. Actually I wasn't looking for a girl there, I just went spontaneously with a colleague because he's kinda desperate looking for new people/a new gf and wanted some company. I had no intention to meet girls at all. Just grab a few beers after work and chat with friends. Later that evening our group (actually a friend of mine and his posse) chatted up a group of girls and I went of looking for a couple of beers. When I came back the event was over and the security guards made us leave the area. Someone asked: "Where are the girls? They wanted to hit another club and drink some tequilas with us..." Me: "Well, I just go back and look for them." So I went back into the tent, looked for them and found the cute one. "Hey, you said you'd like to drink tequila with us." "Yeah, sure!" The security guard asked us to leave again. "Yeah, sure." We went outside the tent. And she just stopped and started chatting with me. She's new to the city, just started studying here, got fed up with the work she did before, comes from a town nearby, lives in a 1 room apartment. Actually she knew what she wanted and had an idea how she wants to accomplish her goals. I began to get interested in her and kept the conservation going. Actually I started to get into the "zone" and only had eyes and ears for her. My friends started to pull out their phones, pointing at them. I grinned, nodded and focused on her again. A few moments later we headed to the next club.
We arrived at the end of the cue, my friends said, "Fuck it, the cue is long, we're outta here, have fun, good luck, see you!" Now I was alone with the cutie's group. When we entered it, I asked for her number. "Well, actually I have a boyfriend, but give me your phone, I'll just enter my number and call myself so I have yours. Oh, please enter your name into my contacts. Thanks!" OOOOOKAAAAY. The first moment of great confusion, but I didn't think much about it and just went on to have some fun. After we got to the bar, we just sat down and went on talking. The beers were empty I looked on my phone and was a little bit terrified. It was already 1 a.m. and I had to work the next day. "Hey, it was real fun, but I have to go now. Work starts in a few hours." "Oh, yeah, I have a lesson in the morning too, I'll go with you." A few steps down the stairs to the wardrobe, she looked at me, and said, "Well, we didn't dance. I really want to dance. You want to come?" "Ah, fuck it, why not?" We went dancing. The music was utter crap. We laughed about it together and I simply looked at her the whole time. So did the rest of my fellow male competitors. All eyez on her like she was Tupac. Yarp, she's a beauty. Suddenly I realized I still had to get up and get to work in the next 5 hours. I told her, asked if she was okay, if I leave. She said, "Sure, I know some people here. Have a good night!" and hugged me.

Two days after this night, I asked her, if she came home safely and if she made her lesson in the morning. She was a bit sick and didn't make it. I told her to get well soon. This was it. A week later I was in Serbia and sent her a picture of a store she used to work for in Germany. "Well, maybe try it in Serbia then?" She laughed (at least the emoji did) and asked me, what I was doing there. I told her, she wished me a nice trip and we went back to silence again.

After two weeks I thought (well, actually I never forgot her) again about her and her actions the night I met her. "Ah, fuck it. There is a holiday coming this week, maybe she wants to go party with me the night before." I sent a text and initiated some smalltalk. She told me about all her projects and stuff she had to do at the moment. I mentally prepared for a rejection because of the few moments free time she had. Yep, called it. She still agreed to a meeting when she had less stuff to do. We made a few jokes about the project and I left her alone again. The next few days I pinged her sporadicly about the project and her exam. Everything went fine and we agreed to meet each other two days later.

Wednesday evening. It was on!
Nervous as fuck I took the tram wondering if her bf will show up and beat me to death or maybe she brought a few friends? Narp, there she was, alone, beautiful as I remembered her, smiled at me and hugged me. We went for drinks and bar hopping. She actually got my hint at a walk to the nightlife area of the city, but the weather wasn't supporting my game. The conversation went on and on, we never got bored (at least I think so) and nobody stared at the phone and texted with others. While listening to her I mentally fist bumped my drunken-me for its choice of women. She actually played with her hair a few time while smiling at me. The best part? She never mentioned the bad, bad word "boyfriend". Not a single time. After 4 hours we got back to the tram station. I may fucked this part a bit up. A few moments before I told her which trams get me back home from here. My tram got into the station, she started to say goodbye and I said, "nah, you're tram is leaving not until almost 15 minutes. I'll wait, get on the same tram as you and will change at this station." "Ah, I got this." "Hm, I have nothing special to do anyway." "Okay." Maybe I should have left her alone and hopped on the tram after a goodbye hug? Probably.
Later I got with her on the tram, the topic was politics. I kinda agreed with her views but had no real interest talking about it in the last few minutes we had this evening. So maybe I was a bit unfocused and seemed bored. At the station where I had to change the tram, we hugged and said goodbye.

Friday morning I messaged her, if she got home safe. (I didn't metnion that I enjoyed our little meeting. Maybe I should have?) She answered "Sure, how about you." Told her everything went smooth and asked her about how her day with her mother was (her mother came to visit her on Thursday). Made a joke. She said "Haha yes" and went silent again. I didn't know what to answer, was a bit fed up with the short answers and went on strolling through Berlin with some friends.

I had the feeling that evening went great (if you leave the the things mentioned above out of the equation), but the answers are killing me. Short. Didn't mention how she liked the evening. Didn't say something like, "Wanna join me and some friends clubbing this weekend?" and so on.
Every person I spoke to thinks that it's strange to just meet with a complete stranger that's (clearly) interested in you, if you're in a (happy) relationship and to go on with my efforts.
Some said, "just text her, that you enjoyed the evening and ask her out a second time!"
The third group, "Don't rush and scare her." Although nobody has an idea what "don't rush it" means in days.
At the moment I'm thinking about texting her on Monday/Tuesday asking her if she wants to meet again this week(end).

I'm not a fan of the "old" saying "Absence makes the heart grow fonder."
If somebody is interested in me, I would appreciate knowing about it and would feel flattered.

I hate this game to the fullest.

TL;DR: Met a girl that told me she was in a relationship. Met with her anyway. Had a great time together. Felt like she actually has no bf. No idea what's up now and how to go on ...

Man, why are you trying to get attached to a girl with a bf? Do you really see it going anywhere? I get you like her, we have all been there, but you've had several opportunities to let it die and you kept reopening the wound. I feel for ya, but I think you already know the right thing to do here.

Booser

My main problem with "fuck it, she already has a boyfriend" are her contradictory actions.

People like attention. If they have genuine interest it would be a lot less of a hair pulling exercise.

Nothing is up, the girl has a bf and nothing you have described here says anything besides she likes the attention. She isn't going to leave her bf for you so I dunno what you're doing besides wasting your time.

My main problem with "fuck it, she already has a boyfriend" are her contradictory actions.

You must be new here. Typing that out is more thought put into your relationship than she will ever do for you. I didn't read it, but if you haven't had sex or even a romantic date by the end of a novella like that, it's never gonna happen. Move on and date a woman who actually wants to date you.

M52B28

Banned
It seems like she's just up for some fun, and like many have said, she enjoys the attention.

Nothing will come out of this, at least from a romantic standpoint.

artsi

Just a positive first date experience I want to write, because only a while ago I was feeling very negative having any luck with Tinder.

I went to her place, she was even better looking than in photos, tall blonde beautiful girl. We sat down on the couch and talked about a lot of things.
No awkward silences because she has a machine gun mouth, she talks a lot.

But she did always pay great attention when I said something. I like that she is very open, we actually went pretty deep in our conversations. It wasn't the usual shallow first date banter but very personal things on both accounts.

At one point she leaned very close to show something from her phone and I took it as a chance to sneak my arm behind her and embrace her. She responded well and we both got more comfortable. After some time I lightly grabbed her neck to kiss her because why not? I usually don't kiss on the first date, but there was some serious chemistry there so I took my chances.

And holy fuck things got intense, neither could keep hands away from each other. No sex (it was close) but we kissed, cuddled and stared at each other's eyes for hours. As I said she has a machine gun mouth, but now she was completely silent. She just blissfully rested there on my chest hugging me tightly. I had already forgotten how good that feels when a girl who you like does that, it's like being a king.

Time flew by, neither wanted to let go so it was 5am when we finally went to walk her dog. It was cold and snowing, I gave her a long, warm good night kiss before going home. Today she texted that she's been smiling all day and can't wait to see me again, loved how I touched / held / kissed her, thought we had a lot in common, etc.

Honestly, best date I've had and I've had many. I'm just feeling damn good that I didn't give up.

Just a positive first date experience I want to write, because only a while ago I was feeling very negative having any luck with Tinder.

I went to her place, she was even better looking than in photos, tall blonde beautiful girl. We sat down on the couch and talked about a lot of things.
No awkward silences because she has a machine gun mouth, she talks a lot.

But she did always pay great attention when I said something. I like that she is very open, we actually went pretty deep in our conversations. It wasn't the usual shallow first date banter but very personal things on both accounts.

At one point she leaned very close to show something from her phone and I took it as a chance to sneak my arm behind her and embrace her. She responded well and we both got more comfortable. After some time I lightly grabbed her neck to kiss her because why not? I usually don't kiss on the first date, but there was some serious chemistry there so I took my chances.

And holy fuck things got intense, neither could keep hands away from each other. No sex (it was close) but we kissed, cuddled and stared at each other's eyes for hours. As I said she has a machine gun mouth, but now she was completely silent. She just blissfully rested there on my chest hugging me tightly. I had already forgotten how good that feels when a girl who you like does that, it's like being a king.

Time flew by, neither wanted to let go so it was 5am when we finally went to walk her dog. It was cold and snowing, I gave her a long, warm good night kiss before going home. Today she texted that she's been smiling all day and can't wait to see me again, loved how I touched / held / kissed her, thought we had a lot in common, etc.

Honestly, best date I've had and I've had many. I'm just feeling damn good that I didn't give up.

untitled-2x6pjv.gif

Giving us all hope Artsi! Nice one :)

I'm having the same thing on Tinder now, with two girls; I ask for their number with the intent of meeting up, they seem enthusiastic and agree, then I actually ask for the date (confidently, specific activity in mind) and they go silent.

Either Tinder girls are super flaky, or more likely my technique in setting up dates needs work. I think in a way though it's also useful for filtering girls that never had the intention of meeting in the first place.

I will get a date before Christmas GAF...

Armadilo

Banned
So I've been going to this open mic place each week and usually there's at least one girl that i would like to talk to but they are always with their friend. So what's the strategy? Talk to the girl, even though it becomes obvious that I just want to talk to her even though her friends there?

So I've been going to this open mic place each week and usually there's at least one girl that i would like to talk to but they are always with their friend. So what's the strategy? Talk to the girl, even though it becomes obvious that I just want to talk to her even though her friends there?

Yes. Talk to her. They'll get the hint. Girls are smart like that.

Talk to all of them. Don't focus on the one you want.

Salamando

Giving us all hope Artsi! Nice one :)

I'm having the same thing on Tinder now, with two girls; I ask for their number with the intent of meeting up, they seem enthusiastic and agree, then I actually ask for the date (confidently, specific activity in mind) and they go silent.

Either Tinder girls are super flaky, or more likely my technique in setting up dates needs work. I think in a way though it's also useful for filtering girls that never had the intention of meeting in the first place.

I will get a date before Christmas GAF...

Setting up the date likely isn't the issue. If you propose a meet and the girl likes you, she'll work with you to make it happen. If she flakes, she wasn't all that interested.

Tinder has a low barrier of entry; anyone can get on it. That includes people just looking for an ego boost as well as people looking to knock boots. As you've learned, asking them out is a good way to filter the serious from the not. That first meet request is literally the moment things get real. Before it, you're just a name on a phone. It's the first time they ask themselves "do I really want to date this person?"

Spinluck

Pretty eye opening how you might act towards a person you're not really interested in.

Kind of puts you in the shoes of dates who have lost interest in you in the past.

Forgetting to text back, one sided convos and messages, having no urgency to initiate a convo, not caring about whether or not you see them again, and just sort of going on about your way. if someone ever does you like this, just leave them be and move on.

Already deleted my Tinder account, I got absolutely no match for like one week and the few matchs I got don't respond so what's the point.

Any dating app that's worth using ?

msv

Dating a girl now whom I really like, we're getting along well and it's going quite fast between us. All good, but now her number of partners over the past year has me a bit worried about STDs. Always safe with a condom, but you can get HPV, HSV, and some other diseases even with a condom. I'm not a casual sex guy because of those dangers (and I want a connection with someone, otherwise it's not worth it for me). She's had a multiple more of partners than me.

I'm not sure how to deal with that now. Even with tests, for some diseases are unreliable, or they can be dormant/hidden. Can't even test for HPV myself as a man. It's always a game of chance I guess, since it would even be possible for her to have nothing, and for me to have something, even though I haven't had as many partners. But chance wise, it feels like a serious form of commitment if I were to take that.

So am I being overly cautious?

There's no way a girl would ever type out 'teehee' in response to a joke without being flirtatious right?
Teehee is the same as haha, so could go either way on being flirtatious or not. Need an easy sign of flirtation, such as a blush emoji.
Dating a girl now whom I really like, we're getting along well and it's going quite fast between us. All good, but now her number of partners over the past year has me a bit worried about STDs. Always safe with a condom, but you can get HPV, HSV, and some other diseases even with a condom. I'm not a casual sex guy because of those dangers (and I want a connection with someone, otherwise it's not worth it for me). She's had a multiple more of partners than me.

I'm not sure how to deal with that now. Even with tests, for some diseases are unreliable, or they can be dormant/hidden. Can't even test for HPV myself as a man. It's always a game of chance I guess, since it would even be possible for her to have nothing, and for me to have something, even though I haven't had as many partners. But chance wise, it feels like a serious form of commitment if I were to take that.

So am I being overly cautious?
What's wrong with asking her to get tested, just to be on the safe side? Go to a sexual health clinic and both get tested. Better safe than sorry.

Tsukumo

Well ...

[cut]

We arrived at the end of the cue, my friends said, "Fuck it, the cue is long, we're outta here, have fun, good luck, see you!" Now I was alone with the cutie's group. When we entered it, I asked for her number. "Well, actually I have a boyfriend, but give me your phone, I'll just enter my number and call myself so I have yours. Oh, please enter your name into my contacts. Thanks!" OOOOOKAAAAY.

"Anything happens? it's your fault. I told you I had a boyfriend"

The first moment of great confusion, but I didn't think much about it and just went on to have some fun. After we got to the bar, we just sat down and went on talking. The beers were empty I looked on my phone and was a little bit terrified. It was already 1 a.m. and I had to work the next day. "Hey, it was real fun, but I have to go now. Work starts in a few hours." "Oh, yeah, I have a lesson in the morning too, I'll go with you." A few steps down the stairs to the wardrobe, she looked at me, and said, "Well, we didn't dance. I really want to dance. You want to come?" "Ah, fuck it, why not?" We went dancing. The music was utter crap. We laughed about it together and I simply looked at her the whole time. So did the rest of my fellow male competitors. All eyez on her like she was Tupac. Yarp, she's a beauty. Suddenly I realized I still had to get up and get to work in the next 5 hours. I told her, asked if she was okay, if I leave. She said, "Sure, I know some people here. Have a good night!" and hugged me.

She was looking for a club hook-up.

[cut]

Nervous as fuck I took the tram wondering if her bf will show up and beat me to death or maybe she brought a few friends? Narp, there she was, alone, beautiful as I remembered her, smiled at me and hugged me. We went for drinks and bar hopping. She actually got my hint at a walk to the nightlife area of the city, but the weather wasn't supporting my game. The conversation went on and on, we never got bored (at least I think so) and nobody stared at the phone and texted with others. While listening to her I mentally fist bumped my drunken-me for its choice of women. She actually played with her hair a few time while smiling at me. The best part? She never mentioned the bad, bad word "boyfriend". Not a single time.

Surprised she decided to see you again. You didn't pull the trigger in the club so she should have known you wouldn't made a move even if given a second chance.
Either she is VERY bored with the boyfriend or she likes your persistence. As you said, people around just watched her so maybe she liked the fact you made a move on her instead of ogling.
She also must have liked the audacity of you going for a girl with a boyfriend so insistently.
Actually, are you sure she has a boyfriend?

After 4 hours we got back to the tram station. I may fucked this part a bit up. A few moments before I told her which trams get me back home from here. My tram got into the station, she started to say goodbye and I said, "nah, you're tram is leaving not until almost 15 minutes. I'll wait, get on the same tram as you and will change at this station." "Ah, I got this." "Hm, I have nothing special to do anyway." "Okay." Maybe I should have left her alone and hopped on the tram after a goodbye hug? Probably.

Aaaaah, you fell for it. She saw the whole thing was getting her nowhere and she created a situation to get more disappointed and bored with you.
As they say in bars: No politics, no religion. Kills the buzz.

Yes but you didn't make a move when she offered you the chance. Twice. Honestly at this point I would drop the chase: you are likely to have another shot if you happen to meet her by chance, but you are just going to sour her more if you keep going.
And maybe risk that beating you were talking about before.
As for she not answering your msgs, well, she supposedly is in a relationship and she has her own life to think about so she has twice the reasons to avoid chatting with you.

Let it go.
And if you are in need of getting your hands on a girl with a boyfriend, keep your friends out of the loop. They will loose trust in you and start to think sooner or later you'll make a move on their girls too.

msv

Teehee is the same as haha, so could go either way on being flirtatious or not. Need an easy sign of flirtation, such as a blush emoji.

What's wrong with asking her to get tested, just to be on the safe side? Go to a sexual health clinic and both get tested. Better safe than sorry.
Nothing, already going to. But HPV for example can lie dormant for a long time, the regular tests don't pick up on it unless there are lesions, AFAIK. So I'm feeling reservations regardless of testing. Given the long term dangers of some STDs, having lots of casual sex also seems like risky or dangerous behavior to me.

Setting up the date likely isn't the issue. If you propose a meet and the girl likes you, she'll work with you to make it happen. If she flakes, she wasn't all that interested.

Tinder has a low barrier of entry; anyone can get on it. That includes people just looking for an ego boost as well as people looking to knock boots. As you've learned, asking them out is a good way to filter the serious from the not. That first meet request is literally the moment things get real. Before it, you're just a name on a phone. It's the first time they ask themselves "do I really want to date this person?"
Yeah, I'm learning quick. Been using Tinder for a year or so and never got a date off it...

I think in retrospect I updated my Tinder profile quite substantially after I'd asked her on a date, which she might take exception to? Idk. Just flaky I suppose.
Setting a time frame will only make you come off as desperate in ways you may not immediately notice.
Yeah that was semi-in jest, I've been really desperate before and you're right that it does come through.

gaiages

Banned
Nothing, already going to. But HPV for example can lie dormant for a long time, the regular tests don't pick up on it unless there are lesions, AFAIK. So I'm feeling reservations regardless of testing. Given the long term dangers of some STDs, having lots of casual sex also seems like risky or dangerous behavior to me.

Now you're being a little crazy. Casual sex does not mean that she had sex with hundreds of men with no rubber. Casual sex is not dangerous if the people in question do basic things to take care of themselves, mainly with a condom. Yes they can fail from time to time, but that likelihood is extremely low, especially considering if you do have sex with someone with an STD it's not a 100% contraction rate.

And even though you're both gonna get tested, you still have reservations? Look, you're either going to trust her and and test results or not. Your choice. But you can't ask her to get tested, she come up clean, and you still be like "I dunno..." at that point, it's a little rude.

Also even people that don't have casual sex can get STDs. For example my long term boyfriend, who had only 4 partners including me, managed to contract and give me a (relatively harmless, super easy to cure, doesnt even show symptoms) STD. It just happens.

msv

Now you're being a little crazy. Casual sex does not mean that she had sex with hundreds of men with no rubber. Casual sex is not dangerous if the people in question do basic things to take care of themselves, mainly with a condom. Yes they can fail from time to time, but that likelihood is extremely low, especially considering if you do have sex with someone with an STD it's not a 100% contraction rate.
Herpes, HPV and two other STDs can be contracted even with a condom, because it's skin to skin transmission. Some types of HPV can give nasty warts, or give women cervical cancer. As a man, you can't even get tested for HPV, and for women, (AFAIK) the tests only show something if there are lesions to sample, since it's not in the blood.

And even though you're both gonna get tested, you still have reservations? Look, you're either going to trust her and and test results or not. Your choice. But you can't ask her to get tested, she come up clean, and you still be like "I dunno..." at that point, it's a little rude.
I totally agree with that, which is why I want to make up, or just settle, my mind. The risks are still in the back of my mind, even with the testing in sight :/

Also even people that don't have casual sex can get STDs. For example my long term boyfriend, who had only 4 partners including me, managed to contract and give me a (relatively harmless, super easy to cure, doesnt even show symptoms) STD. It just happens.
That is true, but that's because it's a game of chance. It's a lot more likely for the reverse to happen. And AFAIK HPV and Herpes are for life.

Herpes, HPV and two other STDs can be contracted even with a condom, because it's skin to skin transmission. Some types of HPV can give nasty warts, or give women cervical cancer. As a man, you can't even get tested for HPV, and for women, (AFAIK) the tests only show something if there are lesions to sample, since it's not in the blood.

I totally agree with that, which is why I want to make up, or just settle, my mind. The risks are still in the back of my mind, even with the testing in sight :/

That is true, but that's because it's a game of chance. It's a lot more likely for the reverse to happen. And AFAIK HPV and Herpes are for life.

Maybe sex isn't for you. Have you considered mini golf?

msv

Maybe sex isn't for you. Have you considered mini golf?
Ahh, I just don't get how this is not a scary thing. You don't mind a high chance of getting warts, being a carrier of cervical cancer, or getting sores on your genitals for the rest of your life?

gaiages

Banned
Ahh, I just don't get how this is not a scary thing. You don't mind a high chance of getting warts, being a carrier of cervical cancer, or getting sores on your genitals for the rest of your life?

Fun fact, half the world has herpes. They're called cold sores! And herpes is very very easy to treat, even for life. Many have years between breakouts... Which... I thought was the only time you contract it?

Where did the cervical cancer part come from? O-o I'm just sorta confused now

msv

Fun fact, half the world has herpes. They're called cold sores! And herpes is very very easy to treat, even for life. Many have years between breakouts... Which... I thought was the only time you contract it?

Where did the cervical cancer part come from? O-o I'm just sorta confused now
Cervical cancer is from HPV.

Perhaps I'm overblowing herpes then, but still, HPV - can give throat cancer or rectal cancer as well, and the vast majority cervical cancers are caused by HPV. I haven't had the vaccine, and nor has she, and too old to get it now, apparently.

turtle553

Perhaps I'm overblowing herpes then, but still, HPV - can give throat cancer or rectal cancer as well, and the vast majority cervical cancers are caused by HPV. I haven't had the vaccine, and nor has she, and too old to get it now, apparently.

Some estimate that up to 75% of sexually active people have one form of HPV. So there is a good chance you have something if you've ever had sex. Maybe you should be concerned about giving it to her. Or just understand that life has risks and you just go with it.

Msv your line of thinking is waaaay too extreme. Going by what you say, people shouldn't leave their house because there is a big chance they will be hit by a car. Heck why even leave the bed, you could stub your toe on the edge of your furniture.

Relax man. Be mindful of protection, sure, but this is overblowing things to the max.

You either accept this risk or dump this girl and find someone with less partners. I don't know why you are even asking beyond your first question. If you are this paranoid you and this girl are not going to work out. Find someone else.

I like it when virginal dudes get with a normal girl with a normal sex life and then claim that their own inexperience is because they were waiting for something special.

No one believes you. Ever.

It's also mild, passive slut-shaming. Solid start for a relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom