• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT2| Free to play is now live

Ricker

Tried to play tonight on the PS3 and the queue was 8,000??? seriously?...is it the same on the PC?...might download it via Steam if the queue`s arent that long on the PC.

Satch

Banned
Ricker said:
Tried to play tonight on the PS3 and the queue was 8,000??? seriously?...is it the same on the PC?...might download it via Steam if the queue`s arent that long on the PC.
I get 6000 on PC cue, so...

Satch

Banned
Bog said:
Do the people who pay still have to wait in the queue?
Legendary players are supposed to have priority, but according to the DCUO boards, it seems like that hasn't been working out so well.

Angelcurio

I have never been into MMOS, but since this became free i decided to give it a try. After creating my character (PS3 version), i was greeted with a 8000 queue, and once the queue was over, the game showed the now loading image, but it never connected, or after a while trying to load, a "lost connection" message appears.

Dunlop

damnit,

PC + 360 gamepad >>> PS3 version

Totally going to have to double dip on that dlc

Mindshred, Hero US PVE

So, I bought the Green Lantern DLC. It said to hit the redeem tab but when I did the message said I had nothing to redeem. When I logged back in I had my extra character slots and Premium membership, but I wasn't prompted to download anything. Are the GL missions and such already part of what I had downloaded initially and I was just unlocking access to them? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I don't have much MMO experience.

jediyoshi

Angelcurio said:
I have never been into MMOS, but since this became free i decided to give it a try. After creating my character (PS3 version), i was greeted with a 8000 quee, and once the quee was over, the game showed the now loading image, but it never connected, or after a while trying to load, a "lost connection" message appears.
Happens to me occasionally, although half the time it's because I forget to disable peerblock.

I have like a dozen soder colas but I can't figure out how to use them. I have equipped them on the hot bar but nothing happens when I hold R2 and O. I kinda need them, Dr. Fate keeps whipping my ass.

EDIT: Never mind, it said the item was keyed to R2 and O but it was actually keyed to the triangle button.

Ploid 3.0

I was soloing that Bain supplier boss with Nightwing(robin) and almost got the last add with a comfortable amount of hp and mana then bam, lost connection.

Shouta

Ploid 3.0 said:
I was soloing that Bain supplier boss with Nightwing(robin) and almost got the last add with a comfortable amount of hp and mana then bam, lost connection.

That shit is annoying when it happens. What level are you now? I hit 12 again last night or so.

Money seems to be utterly useless so far. Not sure what I can use it for since they don't really sell much gear at vendors and you get stuff from quests. Auction house prices are ridiculous on the PVE side as well.

Shouta said:
Money seems to be utterly useless so far. Not sure what I can use it for since they don't really sell much gear at vendors and you get stuff from quests. Auction house prices are ridiculous on the PVE side as well.

Good stuff is expensive because people are stupid and try to sell if for 20 million. Prices are coming down now because they're getting burned on the brokerage fees (its 5%, non-refundable sell or not) and they're losing money.

Fomalhaut

Neo Member
Have they added invisible channels to channel the new player influx? My friend and I are trying to meet up but for some reason we can't see each other. We're both on the USPVP servers.

Bradach

quick question;

as a free player can i meet up with other free players i know or is that stuff restricted to paying members? I couldn't find any options to find players / servers

Grinchy

Banned
Ezduo said:
What are the most important stats for a bow wielding sorcerer healer?
Restoration is key. The bow will basically just become your way of upping your multiplier (the higher your multiplier gets, the faster you are regaining mana, especially with a controller in the group). You're not going to do a ton of damage as the healer, so I don't suggest trying to. These are old memories of being a sorc healer though, things could have changed.

I've tried playing this a number of times over the last day or so but it just keeps crashing on me. System Requirements Lab says I'm in the clear, and the game generally runs smoothly for a while before giving up the ghost, but it invariably does so.

dcu.jpg

Game must be mad 'cause I'm stylin' on it.

Haha, you caught me :p Nah, I just happen to like the combination of black and purple/pink.

Really though, what I've played of the game seems like it has the potential to be fun. Would like to be able to give it a go without it just up and dying on me.

Ploid 3.0

Shouta said:
That shit is annoying when it happens. What level are you now? I hit 12 again last night or so.

Level 10, fought bain, dude is crazy. I changed to a Ice + martial arts character.

gotee12

Bradach said:
quick question;

as a free player can i meet up with other free players i know or is that stuff restricted to paying members? I couldn't find any options to find players / servers
If you're on PC, hit F4 to bring up the Social menu. There you can get to your friends list and group up with them. I don't know what the button is on PS3 to bring up the Social menu.

Bradach

gotee12 said:
If you're on PC, hit F4 to bring up the Social menu. There you can get to your friends list and group up with them. I don't know what the button is on PS3 to bring up the Social menu.
thanks, i'll try that

EDIT: press left on dpad for Social Menu on PS3 apparently, for anyone else in the same boat.

I'm guessing the European ps3 servers are way less populated than their American counterparts, I don't think I've been in a queue yet.

Anyway having a lot of fun with this, grinding for gear and skills is as compulsive as ever. Playing a brawling Ice tank Hero (Freyr) level 17 atm if anyone wants to meet up.

Dunlop

definately going to stick with the PC over the PS3 version, is the lantern DLC the best bang for the buck to get for the premium membership?

I have it already on the PS3 and don't plan on making a latern on the PC, I'll play with my PS3 from time to time

also read on the forums that I picked the weakest controller/DPS but totally loving my dual pistol mental dude with super speed.

Ricker

So I figured I would try to play this morning before I head out,Monday morning and all should be quiet and yes there is no Queue`s and I get to my character screen but if I click play from there,the game just hangs on the screenshot after(I can hear the city sound in the background)...tried 3 times,same problem... awesome game so far ;) ;P

ElRenoRaven

Dunlop said:
definately going to stick with the PC over the PS3 version, is the lantern DLC the best bang for the buck to get for the premium membership?

I have it already on the PS3 and don't plan on making a latern on the PC, I'll play with my PS3 from time to time

also read on the forums that I picked the weakest controller/DPS but totally loving my dual pistol mental dude with super speed.

I'd say so. You may not have plans to make one but should you ever want to you'll have it. The rest is just fluff like more bank slots, character, slots etc.

Tambini said:
What is the penalty for death in this game?

Just some armor degradation. A simple trip to repair and you have it back to new.

Dunlop

Ricker said:
So I figured I would try to play this morning before I head out,Monday morning and all should be quiet and yes there is no Queue`s and I get to my character screen but if I click play from there,the game just hangs on the screenshot after(I can hear the city sound in the background)...tried 3 times,same problem... awesome game so far ;) ;P

I had that issue, to free you character you need to login on a different toon, logout and then log back in on main toon.

I've become quite the expert dealing with the endless DC technical issues
KuGsj.gif

Ricker

Dunlop said:
I had that issue, to free you character you need to login on a different toon, logout and then log back in on main toon.

I've become quite the expert dealing with the endless DC technical issues
KuGsj.gif

I only have one character lol...I think I might know what the problem was,me being new to the game and all,I just quit the game using the PS Button because I didn`t see any logout,usually with a timer,that`s in all the other MMO`s,so maybe I`m ghosted in there? is there a menu logout/exit game on the PS3 beside the quit game PS button...?

Roto13

It actually stayed connected long enough for me to finish my second mission this morning. (I did the first half of that mission in the one-minute stints I had been playing since Wednesday.) That's an improvement.

After some time of goofing around and flying around, how the hell do I get back to Gotham? I've been in Metropolis for a while doing quest and stuff and I don't remember how to get back.

Tambini said:
What is the penalty for death in this game?

Your gear degrades in quality and would need to be repaired to be of any use. The higher level and rarity of the gear also increases the cost of repairs. At high levels with high end rare gear, repairs cost a heck of a lot.

Cloudius12 said:
After some time of goofing around and flying around, how the hell do I get back to Gotham? I've been in Metropolis for a while doing quest and stuff and I don't remember how to get back.

Got to go back to your factions HQ.

Ah, Servers seems to be down for maintenance :/ Was trying to log on several times only to get the loading screen of death.

Seems to be back up, but still loading problems.

SOE finally gave me my Legendary trial time on the PC. If people want me to make a league on both sides I can do that. We could also make a custom chat channel in-game if people prefer that instead.

gotee12

HarryDemeanor said:
SOE finally gave me my Legendary trial time on the PC. If people want me to make a league on both sides I can do that. We could also make a custom chat channel in-game if people prefer that instead.
I understand that only Legendary accounts can create Leagues, but what happens to the League if the founder drops his subscription?

gotee12 said:
I understand that only Legendary accounts can create Leagues, but what happens to the League if the founder drops his subscription?
That's a good question. I don't remember them saying anything about that.

WillyFive

I was finally able to log in.

The HUD sucks, and using the Dual Shock analog triggers is awful (but that's the fault of the controller), but it was pretty MMO-like. I like how the capes moved.

gotee12

Cloudius12 said:
I don't see why the League would be gone if the founder don't have Legendary anymore, that would be really stupid :/
I could understand no one being able to administer the League due to no one being a subscriber, but I'm just curious if the League itself would be deleted should there no longer be any subscribers as members of said League.

Of course what I'm getting at is going in with a couple guys to buy a single sub, then have a league created, then cancel the sub.

Dunlop

world server and login server down.

They are really pissing away a golden opportunity that F2P would be bringing them, each day it gets worse instead of better

Grinchy

Banned
Grinchy said:
I downloaded it from Steam with no issues. I've logged in about 4 times and never once seen a queue. I guess I've just gotten lucky?
I said this yesterday morning. The 2 times I've tried to log in since then, I've not only had to wait in a queue, but I got endless loading screens after getting through. One was just loading into the world, the other was loading into a night club.

Satch

Banned
Dunlop said:
world server and login server down.

They are really pissing away a golden opportunity that F2P would be bringing them, each day it gets worse instead of better
I really have a blast with this game when I can get it to work. Getting it to work is always the hard part. :p

Not much to do aside from wait and see, I guess. :/

Now I'm getting "Unable to connect to login server" on PC. Was going to buy the hard light DLC too.

Edit: Of course all the worlds are down now that I want to play.

Was the game always this fucked-up? Crashing. Servers going down. Lag. Queue. Or is it just that Sony were unprepared and this is because of the FTP rush?

Have they said anything, like, yeah, we know, we're working on it?

Top Bottom