• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 2 |OT|: He knows his way around a zombie or two.

Orobi

Launch Trailer!!!! :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmMVtWDF2gg

Hack em’, stab em’, burn em’ and kill em’! In the new Dead Rising 2 launch trailer, you can watch Chuck Greene do it all to the undead mobs that threaten to destroy Fortune City. On a quest to save his daughter and escape the massive zombie attack, Chuck will use a roll of duct tape and a lot of creativity to make some of the most outrageous weapons you have ever seen!

Zenith

Banned
That game's been ready for nearly a month and we still have to wait a week because some goon in marketing decreed it.

MMaRsu

Zenith said:
That game's been ready for nearly a month and we still have to wait a week because some goon in marketing decreed it.

I know it sucks ass.. fucking embargo's and non same day releasedates :\.

I wish Steam had their usual 10% discount for pre-ordering this.

Yeah, I know . . . I'm being super-cheap since the PC version is only $39.99. :lol

Take-Two blew their chance with Blue Castle . . . Take-Two should have bought Blue Castle and had them take over MLB 2Kn.

MMaRsu

speculawyer said:
I wish Steam had their usual 10% discount for pre-ordering this.

Yeah, I know . . . I'm being super-cheap since the PC version is only $39.99. :lol

Take-Two blew their chance with Blue Castle . . . Take-Two should have bought Blue Castle and had them take over MLB 2Kn.

Why don't you buy it at Zavvi for only 18 pounds man?

8bit

Knows the Score
Anyone found an open
Terror is Reality game
yet? Also, I had an incoming call for co-op while fighting
a CURE guy in a toilet
, so missed my first co-op game.

MMaRsu

8bit said:
Anyone found an open
Terror is Reality game
yet? Also, I had an incoming call for co-op while fighting
a CURE guy in a toilet
, so missed my first co-op game.

Really no need to spoiler either of that..

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK that fucking guy who is trying to marry someone. How the fuck do I kill him?????? He's killed me countless times, I've used a boxing glove + bowie knife and rocket launcher :\

Sadist

NIN90 said:
Wouldn't be able to play the PC version anyways. I think it has some day 1 unlock thing through GFWL similar to steamworks games.
Well, here's hoping it will be in this friday.

Edit: launch trailer is awesome

RS4-

MMaRsu said:

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK that fucking guy who is trying to marry someone. How the fuck do I kill him?????? He's killed me countless times, I've used a boxing glove + bowie knife and rocket launcher :\

That's probably the hardest boss imo. I had to use melee, shotguns, LMGs and sniper rifles barely scratched the surface.

I think the pattern is two attacks, then the big circular one...I know he gets tired if he keeps running around and he kind of slows down; or at least it seemed that way when I kept on jump over the small wall on the sides and he'd have to run around to chase.

edit - you can make the lightsaber if you want, the flashlight is lying around near the uhh pawn shop? and I think the gems are in the room that had a survivor near the chapel.

Darklord

Banned
PS3/360: Available 24/09/2010
PC: Available 30/09/2010

What the fuck is this shit? I thought they were coming out at the exact same time. Fucking hell. I bet it's just Australia too. :(

MMaRsu

Nevermind got his damn fat ass with my rocket launcher

OH YEA

Stored up on milk, coffee and other goodies ( couldnt find ANY OJ in the food court wth? ) and I didn't even need one of them :lol . I just kept blasting away at his face.

MMaRsu said:

Just hit him with a fast striking weapon (i.e. nailbat) when he gets tired from all that running.
Keep jumping from one side of the side walls to the other so he will have to keep running around. I could only get about 2 hits with the bat before he recovers his fatigue so just keep repeating the process and you can slowly whittle his health down.

For me the best weapon in the game that can help you defeat all the psychopaths and final boss is the six shooter. It has 60 bullets and I find that it has better damage than the other guns in the game. You can get the gun by defeating one of the psychopaths that you encounter.

eXistor

Fuck yeah, this game is awesome like I thought it would be! I loved the hell out of Dead Rising 1 and this looks to be even better. I've been playing it for a few hours now and having a blast. Loading times suck, but like MmaRsu said: it's a minor gripe. There's definitely slowdown (playing 360 version myself), especially outside on the Silver Strip where shit gets really busy, but again, no big deal.

I got both the Zombrex and Outbreak editions (I was able to give the game from the Outbreak edition back for full price, so I got to keep the zombie doll and box). The Zombrex syringe is especially cool looking, the doll is kinda stupid, but in a good way. It comes with a hat, a pylon and Servbot mask :)

ArjanN

Darklord said:

What the fuck is this shit? I thought they were coming out at the exact same time. Fucking hell. I bet it's just Australia too. :(

Steam says PC version on 28/09/2010. In Europe anyway.

yophlow

Banned
Darklord said:

Are you actually complaining that Australia is getting this one game a few days early, out of the 800 million that get delayed here for months? Like, really?

MMaRsu

Man it's kind of a pain to find new weapons though.. well when I have all my slots it won't be.. but items are hard to find sometimes. So if you want to have a specific combo item you gotta go look for them.

That'll take maybe 5+ minutes and then if you are lucky enough to have the other item you can craft it right away. But I haven't come across any books yet which extend the life of crafted weapons! :(.

It's a small complaint because the game is still awesome :p.

And our boy Chuck sure has changed since this game was announced

000002_org.jpg

leng jai

HalfbrickPhil said:
Are you actually complaining that Australia is getting this one game a few days early, out of the 800 million that get delayed here for months? Like, really?

I believe hes complaining that the PC version is coming out a week later than the console version here, whether its true or not.

consoul

For what it's worth, the Australian invite-only Dead Rising 2 launch event was pretty cool. Went along last night and caught the first Australian screening of RE:Afterlife 3D. The over-the-top ham and cheese got plenty of laughs from the zombie-filled audience. Rubbish movie as expected, but some of the 3D was nice.

(AusGAF: David & Margaret were there! Can't wait for their scathing review. :lol Also saw Bajo and the local IGN and Gamespot crews)

Then it was off to the VIP bar for free food, alcohol and wall to wall PS3s and flat screens with DR2 available to play. Cute promo girls in zombie makeup were distributing all kinds of free merch and drinks. Was initially surprised to see only PS3 version on display, but the event was a cross-promotion with Sony Pictures, so it made sense. The PS3 version really doesn't play badly at all. Scored epic loot and got drunk for free.

RustyO

consoul said:
Then it was off to the VIP bar for free food, alcohol and wall to wall PS3s and flat screens with DR2 available to play. Cute promo girls in zombie makeup were distributing all kinds of free merch and drinks. Was initially surprised to see only PS3 version on display, but the event was a cross-promotion with Sony Pictures, so it made sense. The PS3 version really doesn't play badly at all. Scored epic loot and got drunk for free.

Photos man, photos. :lol

Sounds kind of cool.

RustyO

Any Australians got any good tips for where to pick up a copy? Probably PS3...

Can't be fucked paying the eb games / jb hifi tax. :D

RustyO said:

ya jb /eb $99. i called gametraders but they weren't able to give me a definite answer, "either 99 or 89" :/

Pandemic

RustyO said:

I'm asking the same question, it's being released tomorrow and don't know where to purchase it from. o_O

RustyO

Mr_Appleby said:
ya jb /eb $99. i called gametraders but they weren't able to give me a definite answer, "either 99 or 89" :/

I'm thinking about getting the PS3 version for multiplayer fun, mainly with you and J :D

Axiom

Yeah I just got a message from JBHiFi saying my pre-order was available, can't get down there until tomorrow though.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Pandemic said:
Hahaahahaha, how is it even possible to carry such an item...

You could carry similar stuff like benches in the first game. Benches were actually one of the more powerful items, I killed a lot of zombs with em.

fisheyes

RustyO said:
Australian street date broken. Now available at EB Games.

Source: EB Twitter

I checked EB / JB/ Game at lunchtime today. None had it out. I could go down to the store right now I guess, but I'll leave it to lunchtime tomorrow to be sure.

HYYYYPE.

Top Bottom