• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 2 |OT|: He knows his way around a zombie or two.

MMaRsu

Allriiiiiiiiiiiiiight just installed it and everything, got my opening cutscene going on, about to fire up this joint :D.

Chuck is fucking awesome.. save it for the show shithead

LOL

Lyonaz said:
Terror is Reality is so much fun. :lol Online American Gladiators with zombies.

Also the game runs just fine on the PS3.
Sure there are framedrops and the screentearing (which mostly occurs when you're outside with a million zombies) isn't even that noticeable unlike the first Dead Rising on the Xbox where my sister was even complaining about it.

The game is fun to play.
Also shooting zombies with a bow & arrow and throwing tomahawks while dressed in shorts, a holiday shirt and sporting a wild frontier raccoon hat is just awesome! :D Chieftain Hut ftw!

Thanks for this! :)

MMaRsu

Tiduz said:
ps3 isnt nearly as bad as i expected.

Ofcourse not.. the videos I saw on youtube are pretty good imo. Talk about console versions being horrific are greatly exaggerated.

Lyonaz

Nemesis556 said:
Oh fuck I need this now.

How is the online? Laggy as fuck or decent-ish?

I had one co-op experience with a random and it wasn't bad, no lag and no noticable difference in performance while we were outside with a million zombies, I was too busy riding around my pink tricycle. :lol

I'm not really into co-op at the moment, I'm still going through the story mode which I prefer doing solo.
But my co-op did drop a combo-card and weapon when I booted him.
Some kick ass knife-gloves. People can just drop in, you get a message when someone wants to play co-op and you press right to accept. Then it loads the player into your game.

Terror is Reality is separate online mode where you can do American Gladiators with zombies and earn cash for spending in the story-mode.
TiR works fine too, it only sucks when 3 players are ready and the fourth won't push the ready button. Dunno if it has a kick player option.

MMaRsu

Jtyettis said:

They are just so you can play coop with people who really do have the packs. I don't think you can use them.

So far, this game is just amazing, hitting all the right buttons so far. No tearing present, and small framerate dips ( which I don't mind all that much considering the amount of zombies on screen ). Looks and plays better than Case Zero.

There is a lot of loading though, that's kinda annoying. But it's a minor gripe.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
I did not know this was due out on Friday, a nice surprise but a shame my coop buddy is on holiday for two weeks.

MMaRsu said:
They are just so you can play coop with people who really do have the packs. I don't think you can use them.
so people are going to misunderstand and bitch that the packs are just unlock keys and that they're 'on the disc and should be free for everyone' like where the data exists is remotely relevant to anything.

BLAH.

MMaRsu

plagiarize said:
so people are going to misunderstand and bitch that the packs are just unlock keys and that they're 'on the disc and should be free for everyone' like where the data exists is remotely relevant to anything.

BLAH.

The description for the downloads clearly state this.

TheHakku

plagiarize said:
I would hope people really don't think anything of it. It has become the Capcom way. Not a big fan of the exclusivity deal with the outfits, but they're just outfits.

MMaRsu

Well you actually get new moves with some outfits. Also, they aren't on the disc. They are not unlock keys either.

Filldough

So happy impressions seem to be good! Loved the first game, don't know if I can afford to pick this up Day 1 but I'm more tempted now that I know its being so well received!

Edit: Can anyone tell me if its like the first where if you die you retain any skills/xp in your next playthru? Was a pretty weird system but it grew on me. Also, is there local co-op or just online?

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Filldough said:
Edit: Can anyone tell me if its like the first where if you die you retain any skills/xp in your next playthru? Was a pretty weird system but it grew on me. Also, is there local co-op or just online?
Yeah, XP works just like in the first game, if you die you can start over with all your stats. And co-op is online only.

panda21

Coin Return said:
Yeah, XP works just like in the first game, if you die you can start over with all your stats. And co-op is online only.

do you always have to start the entire thing over if you die? or is it a choice between reloading your last save and starting over?

from what i remember of the first the in game explanation of it was confusing as hell

Filldough

Coin Return said:

:( at online co-op only... At least XP works the same as first.

MMaRsu said:
I can certainly say that this game runs better and looks better than Case Zero did. So there.

This is a fact! I noticed a difference by just watching videos of them, but I just finished playing Case Zero again and the difference is huge after playing Dead Rising 2. Guess they did wanna keep the file size down for Case Zero.

And I think I like the combo weapons more than the camera from the original. Some of the weapons that you can make are just a riot! :lol Seriously.....take a bow Blue Castle! They had a huge task and they completely nailed it!

Daigoro

shit cannot wait until next week!

MMaRsu said:
I can certainly say that this game runs better and looks better than Case Zero did. So there.

but! "prolonged periods of gameplay at 20fps or below!" havent you heard?!

I love love LOVE making a mess in this game, it’s so fun! Slicing up zombies with blood all over the floor and Chuck looking like someone just spilt a massive bucket of zombie blood all over him while he vomits everywhere FTW!

Daigoro

ok im going to stop reading the thread now. im getting anxious and i dont want to be spoiled with anything else.

too bad about those DL packs. i thought i was going to get some shit for free! oh well. ill be back next week.

I would like to say I love all of you guys for the wonderful impressions. :) Awaiting to pickup my Zombrex edition next tuesday that is fully paid off. :D I wake up to this every morning reminding me of its amazing existence.
009-1.jpg

RustyO

Daigoro said:
ok im going to stop reading the thread now. im getting anxious and i dont want to be spoiled with anything else.

x2, going to stop reading till my copy arrives.

Retail price is a joke and street date is Friday, so getting it off ebay seems the likely scenario, pity I'm going to have to wait a week more, ah well. :lol

bomb_jack

I hate to weigh in on the negative side but from what I've played it isn't enough of a leap from the first game, it practically feels like an expansion pack.

The lack of an infinity mode as well means something is actually missing that was in the first game. This will probably get added in as DLC eventually which just makes me fucking bang my head against the wall at the direction this generation is going in.

MMaRsu

bomb_jack said:
I hate to weigh in on the negative side but from what I've played it isn't enough of a leap from the first game, it practically feels like an expansion pack.

The lack of an infinity mode as well means something is actually missing that was in the first game. This will probably get added in as DLC eventually which just makes me fucking bang my head against the wall at the direction this generation is going in.

There is an overtime mode actually, and well, most fans wanted it to be very much like dead rising 1. And it really is, and that is imo a good thing. Don't change a winning formula it's called.

The amount of new weapons, crazy story, tough psycho's make this more than a great purchase.

Lyonaz

MMaRsu said:
I've had so many close calls on case timing it's not even funny :lol

Lol, I missed the deadline so often because of comboing weapons and fooling around.
I'm now level 10 ands still haven't reach 2nd day yet. I keep restarting though, will try to do all the cases now, unless I get sidetracked again. :D

Otacon

onken said:
What's the difference between overtime and infinity?

in the first game overtime actually added another day resulting in the "real" ending

in infinity you had to survive 5 full days without being able to save
also, the psychos were running free in the game world and food/energy was limited

i hope i remember anything correctly 0:)

Top Bottom