• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 2 |OT|: He knows his way around a zombie or two.

Phloxy said:
Anybody else hit with the super annoying save glitch with the co-op? Every time I go to save in co-op, one of us gets booted, its happened with 5 of my friends, every time. Tried clearing the system cache, no dice. I wonder if Capcom even tested this shit, super annoying.

I mentioned it earlier, figured out it has something to do with the game reading off the 120 HDs. If you export your saves to an external card/stick and use that then you won't boot the other player when you save in co-op and your game won't freeze when you attempt to load data.

Volcynika

Hm, Steam no longer has the "This game will be unlocked in ___ " on the store page for it. Not sure if because it's the 28th in EST or what. Also the store page lists its release date as September 27th.

:?

EDIT: Now the store page on the client puts it on the new releases. Unlock shortly?

YES! Downloading now. Wish I would've done this earlier but I really wanted a physical copy. It's still hard for me to let go, haha. Oh well, in a few hours I should be ready to rock.

Piano

Banned
SDFUHSDGH my 360 wired controller doesn't arrive in the mail until tomorrow afternoon...
Gonna buy it anyways so its ready to go.

Volcynika

TheEastonator said:
SDFUHSDGH my 360 wired controller doesn't arrive in the mail until tomorrow afternoon...
Gonna buy it anyways so its ready to go.

Well you have to get downloading it out of the way anyways!

Coin Return

Loose Slot
Installing the 360 version now. According to the description, the ninja outfit gives you new sword attacks, lets you move through crowds of zombies with ease, and makes throwing weapons (CDs, plates, etc.) fly further with more power.

Volcynika

Odd, my 360 controller is not functioning aside from being able to call and manipulate the GFWL menu stuff. D:

Also my left joystick is squeaky in one part.

Aselith

I'm tried to enter multiplayer and it said I needed to be on a Live enabled account. I verified I am on my 360 account/email which is Gold. They can get fucked if they want me to pay for another subscription. Am I doing it wrong?

LegatoB

Oh hey, good work guys. Wireless 360 pads with the adapter aren't being detected by the game right now. Lovely. Just lovely.

Aselith

Jesus, is there anything that could make GFW a poorer experience. It randomly popped up a place for me to put in the CD key after I looked around for a while for that specifically. I had alt tabbed and it was waiting for me when I got back. Then it demanded I install an update which it could not install. Now I'm downloading the patch manually after leaving the game. What...the...fuck.

Microsoft certainly has made a strong competitor for Steam with this one. :lol

Volcynika

ThingontheFloor said:
Try this: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=17107540

I haven't tried it yet as I'm still downloading it, but I hope it works as I plan on using a wireless 360 controller.

Hm, I'm using a wired so I'm not sure if that'd be the same fix. I guess I'll figure it out later since I'm about to head to bed.

Though if anyone uses a wired 360 controller and has issues but then fixes them, let me know how!

Nif

Hmm, having trouble getting steam to start it. I think my download was corrupt or it decrypted wrong. :(

Edit: oh, I needed GFW installed first.

Flunkie

Banned
Hay all you PC people: Add me!

Flunkie is my name on Steam and Flunkie44 on GFWL. Please add me - I need more GAF Steam friends! :)

Sorry if this has been answered already but just wanna know that if I pick this up on steam can I play with a PS3 controller or do I need to buy a 360 one?? New to PC gaming and this is the first game that I think I would enjoy more with a pad

Volcynika

ohhthegore said:
Sorry if this has been answered already but just wanna know that if I pick this up on steam can I play with a PS3 controller or do I need to buy a 360 one?? New to PC gaming and this is the first game that I think I would enjoy more with a pad

You have to use something called MotionJoy to play with a PS3 controller. Something like that.

Piano

Banned
Game runs incredibly well...wish there was a way to lock it at 30FPS though. At 1680x1050 it jumps between 30 and 60 too often and it gets really distracting. Is there any way to do this?

duckroll

Game runs very well, but Chuck is fucking slow. The sluggishness of Chuck is pretty distracting sometimes. Hopefully he gets faster soon. The game basically feels like a better looking DR1 with much faster loading on the PC. Pretty solid.

Top Bottom