• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising 2 |OT|: He knows his way around a zombie or two.

Zabka

Raxus said:
Only Slappy gave me trouble since his best window involved me taking a hit. You can technically do the fight without being hit if you are really, REALLY patient.
Slappy is one of the easiest psychos. A jumpkick (or a jumping katana slash) knocks him on his ass and leaves him vulnerable.

Raxus

Zabka said:
Slappy is one of the easiest psychos. A jumpkick (or a jumping katana slash) knocks him on his ass and leaves him vulnerable.
Well I am stupid :(.

Slappy is one of my favorite psychos too. Probably the creepiest death since Adam.

duckroll

Zabka said:

I hear a watergun works too, but I just jumpkicked him anyway. Feels more painful! :lol

Only Psycho I had trouble with is the big dude in the chapel. I know you just wait for him to catch his breath to melee him down but he hit so hard when you mess up that it take most of the health bar.

The chef guy took me a few times also until I figure out to distract him..

duckroll

antiquegamer said:
Only Psycho I had trouble with is the big dude in the chapel. I know you just wait for him to catch his breath to melee him down but he hit so hard when you mess up that it take most of the health bar.

Yeah, he hits really hard, and is probably the most punishing out of all the psychos if you mess up. But he REALLY doesn't want to die a virgin. :lol

The CURE guy is still the hardest psycho imo. For an early game boss, he hits hard and has really tight patterns. It's harder to avoid him completely because of the toilet set up, as opposed to the chapel.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
QUESTION

I'm about level 20 or so right now. What would happen if I decided to start Case Zero now or after I beat the game? Would I be able to use my character, or will I have to start a new one to play Case Zero? I'd like to play it for the unlockables but I'm not sure how that would work since I played DR2 first.

Wait, you guys thought the S&M fatty was one of the hardest? He's the only one I've beaten aside from the biker rival guy. I didn't have too much trouble with him since I came well stocked, hopefully that means the rest won't be a pain for me.

duckroll said:
Yeah, he hits really hard, and is probably the most punishing out of all the psychos if you mess up. But he REALLY doesn't want to die a virgin. :lol

The CURE guy is still the hardest psycho imo. For an early game boss, he hits hard and has really tight patterns. It's harder to avoid him completely because of the toilet set up, as opposed to the chapel.
He completely falls apart when you realize he'll charge just out of the door if you hang outside the restroom. One or two swipes with the knife gloves, run, and he retreats back in to the bathroom.

Plus the BBQ place has a ton of food and he doesn't heal if you leave.

duckroll

ShockingAlberto said:
He completely falls apart when you realize he'll charge just out of the door if you hang outside the restroom. One or two swipes with the knife gloves, run, and he retreats back in to the bathroom.

Plus the BBQ place has a ton of food and he doesn't heal if you leave.

Ah. I fought him like a man. :lol

I would jump away to dodge when he does his jump slash (that was a bitch to time, but so satisfying when I nailed it), turn around and attack him 2-3 times and then run the fuck away. Then he jumps into a cubicle and I position myself in the open area to wait for him to come out and repeat it.

duckroll said:

He is tough for the first boss, I think he is sort of like progression check. I died first couple times but after I play a bit more and learn to jump and run then he was not so bad. I stood by the main entrance looking into the restrooms and that give the best vantage to see when he jump in and out of those stalls.

The game is really fun and the framerate didn't seems so bad on 360, but damm those loading screens. It's worse when one of those guys you rescue didn't quite make it to the door range and you have to re-enter.

Snuggler said:
QUESTION

I'm about level 20 or so right now. What would happen if I decided to start Case Zero now or after I beat the game? Would I be able to use my character, or will I have to start a new one to play Case Zero? I'd like to play it for the unlockables but I'm not sure how that would work since I played DR2 first.

Wait, you guys thought the S&M fatty was one of the hardest? He's the only one I've beaten aside from the biker rival guy. I didn't have too much trouble with him since I came well stocked, hopefully that means the rest won't be a pain for me.

I am sure you would have to start a new one, since I don't think there's an import option in Case Zero. The fat guy was hard because he hit like a truck.

bubnbob

Banned
TIR is garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage garbage

garbage

Bebpo

Banned
How do you beat the
motorcycle
psycho?

I can get him to run into things and stop, but then I get 1 hit for a sliver of damage and he's off again. Plus half the time I swing to hit him I get hit myself. And all the waiting for him to come back after I get a hit off makes it take forever.

duckroll said:

Ironically he was the only psycho I was able to beat on my first run :\

I'd just wait until he went into the stalls, run until he jumped out behind me, turn around and hit him a few times, run until he jumps back in the stall, repeat.

Bebpo said:
How do you beat the
motorcycle
psycho?

I can get him to run into things and stop, but then I get 1 hit for a sliver of damage and he's off again. Plus half the time I swing to hit him I get hit myself. And all the waiting for him to come back after I get a hit off makes it take forever.
The way you're supposed to fight him is to get him in to a fairly open area, dodge his attacks, and then hit him (don't touch his chainsaws) when he pauses to pose.

If you want a really, really easy way to beat him, go to the gun store and get a sniper rifle, start the fight, lure him to those two signs beside the canyon, and climb the bottom sign. He can't hurt you there, zombies can't hurt you there, and here is the kicker: he will always stop to pause in the same two or three spaces. Always. This makes sniping him not only easy, but incredibly hilarious.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
You can just run over to the silver strip sign in the grass and wait around. For me, he drives over there and gets stuck with his back facing me and I just beat him up with whatever. :lol

Bebpo

Banned
ShockingAlberto said:
The way you're supposed to fight him is to get him in to a fairly open area, dodge his attacks, and then hit him (don't touch his chainsaws) when he pauses to pose.

If you want a really, really easy way to beat him, go to the gun store and get a sniper rifle, start the fight, lure him to those two signs beside the canyon, and climb the bottom sign. He can't hurt you there, zombies can't hurt you there, and here is the kicker: he will always stop to pause in the same two or three spaces. Always. This makes sniping him not only easy, but incredibly hilarious.

Hmmm, I didn't even realize there's a gun store. Do you know where it is?

Jaroof

So I've been thinking about Case West.
Since you're going to be able to play as Frank, does that mean he'll have his original moveset? :O
And does that mean you'll be able to use him in the actual game? :O
I doubt it.. but I sure hope so.

Sadist

You know, Slappy wasn't that hard :lol

I used the watergun and when he was open, I battered him with the nailed baseballbat. After three hits he gets stunned, which gave me room to deilver antoher three hits :D

Chao

My friend found a bug yesterday. He was doing dumb shit on platinum/silver strip after picking up Chad, and when he walked into the diner, the thieves with the hoodies hanging around there were frozen. He smacked them into the ground and they kept laying down there. Then he smacked them one more time and they got up, but remained still. Then he hit them one more time and they died and got the bonus PP.

It's like the A.I. was disabled or something.

JADS

miladesn said:
:lol some of the lines are so funny

Cowboy guy: I'm twice the man you are! *falls on saw mill*
Chuck: I saw what you did there

also some scenes are very painful to watch :\
where that girl gets killed by the saw mill by that two guys, was kinda bad :[

enjoying this very much at this point, 15 hours to go.

Killing
Ted
made me feel bad :\. I mean the guy clearly has something wrong with his head, like he is mentally ill or something like that. He was only trying to find some food for his only true friend.

Pooya

So about BiBi,
that crazy singer
, after you're done she won't follow me, should I just leave her there or just
kill her?, does she count as a psychopath?

glaurung

Dirtyshubb said:
Looking forward to getting this, loved the first one.

My wife was hinting she might order it for me so all i can do now is hope :D
Just make sure you don't get Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge by mistake :)

Lee-Carvallo-Putting-Challenge.JPG

miladesn said:
So about BiBi,
that crazy singer

Kill all the zombies around her then speak to her, she'll follow you.

Pooya

Air Zombie Meat said:
Kill all the zombies around her then speak to her, she'll follow you.
oh, I hope she is still there when I return :[ , saved the game in the bathroom near there.

Huggy

miladesn said:
So about BiBi,
that crazy singer

Get rid of the zombies first.

duckroll

I started my third run. Got Ending D on my second run... :lol

FINALLY bothered to win the TiR game at the start, and what do I get? A measly 10k? Wtf? Worthless!! :lol

glaurung said:
Just make sure you don't get Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge by mistake :)

http://www.emptythebench.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Lee-Carvallo-Putting-Challenge.JPG[/IG][/QUOTE]
:lol lucky for me my wife knows what she is doing when it comes to games (since she has to listen to me go on about them). She does play too though, just no where as much as me (we did play though the whole of Streets of Rage 2 together last night :D

So what are peoples favourite weapons? Mine is probably the plate launcher. Slices through crowds like crazy, it can clear out a whole area with a few well aimed shots. Can sometimes ricochet in entertaining ways as well. Using one on the silver strip is just carnage.

Air Zombie Meat said:
So what are peoples favourite weapons? Mine is probably the plate launcher. Slices through crowds like crazy, it can clear out a whole area with a few well aimed shots. Can sometimes ricochet in entertaining ways as well. Using one on the silver strip is just carnage.
For sheer hilarity, I like Raging Thunder.

duckroll

Air Zombie Meat said:

Does the Bunny Bike count? :lol

dexterslu

So now that I've got the S Rank ending I've been going back trying to mop up the rest of the achievements.

it's getting pretty crazy, to say the least.

172985404.jpg

Papercuts

Air Zombie Meat said:

The plate launcher saved my ass in the late game segments, love it. I'd have to go with the knife gloves and driller just for how easy they are to get/how useful they are on bosses. Just like DR1, I have a mental path I take whenever I leave the safe room, and mine always involves getting these along with an orange juice.

Pooya

Air Zombie Meat said:

electric wheelchair

duckroll

The knife gloves are great for boss fights, but the lightsaber is AMAZING for huge groups of zombies. Doing the advanced attack when you're in the middle of the crowd feels sooo satisfying. I'm also quite a fan of the gem blower because of how well it works in terms of clearing a straight line in front of you.

Sadist

I'm a fan of the good old baseball batt. When everything fails, always bet on the batt :D

Btw, how do you combine stuff with the motorcycle? I Don't understand how it works lol

duckroll

Sadist said:
I'm a fan of the good old baseball batt. When everything fails, always bet on the batt :D

Btw, how do you combine stuff with the motorcycle? I Don't understand how it works lol

There are very limited combos with the bike, and most of them are shown on the walls of the bike workshop. You basically bring a weapon (a chainsaw for example) into the bike workshop with the bike in it, and just go near the bike and it should indicate "combine" instead of "drive".

Papercuts

duckroll said:
The knife gloves are great for boss fights, but the lightsaber is AMAZING for huge groups of zombies. Doing the advanced attack when you're in the middle of the crowd feels sooo satisfying. I'm also quite a fan of the gem blower because of how well it works in terms of clearing a straight line in front of you.

For me, that attack seems to go right through some zombies a lot. The lightsaber also breaks pretty fast, but I guess it isn't hard to find a looter to get another flashlight from. The defiler heavy attack is where it's at!

I do like the gem blower but only know of two places with a leaf blower.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Air Zombie Meat said:
Yeah, Plate Launcher and Gem Blower are great in that respect.

I'm going to be boring and say Defiler. It's so easy to always have one or two on you, and that jumping attack and hold X attack are the business for psychos.

For something a bit rarer, I really like Holy Arms.

Also, Tesla Ball > Raging Thunder

duckroll

ShockingAlberto said:
I'm a little disappointed the psycho weapons never combine in to anything.

I actually like what the psycho weapons are. Many of them are uniquely modeled versions of existing weapons or combo weapons, just like the first game. The magician rocket launcher is just so awesome to use because it looks so.... cool to me. :lol

Top Bottom