• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster will not award “Erotica” points for taking cleavage and crotch photos like original

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire

According to Capcom’s recent press release (as reported on by Famitsu), the Erotica photography tag from the original Dead Rising will no longer be a thing in the Remaster. For those unfamiliar with the system, in Dead Rising, you can earn experience points known as PP (Prestige Points) through various activities, one of which is photography (you are playing as a journalist, after all).

The shots you take are awarded a certain amount of PP, and based on the subject matter, you can earn a PP bonus from one or more genre categories, such as Horror, Brutality, or Outtake. One of the categories happens to be Erotica, and this bonus is given for things like upskirt shots and photos of female characters’ cleavage, belly piercings, and thongs peeping above their waistbands.
Dead Rising even has a mission in which you are tasked with taking an erotic photograph which scores over 750 PP. It is likely that this mission will be omitted from Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster along with the Erotica tag mechanism.
20240809-35263.jpg

A “Perfect” Erotica shot of Jessie in Dead Rising

MiguelItUp

Well, fortunately for me when I played the OG I didn't go around trying to blast cleavage and panty shots so this doesn't affect me at all. Sorry to those upset, lol.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone will just be able to mod it in.

Last edited:

Power Pro

Once again. Easy.

Don't agree with it? Don't cry about it. Just don't buy it.
Which is exactly what I'll do.

On the other end of the spectrum though, they're a business...they want to make money. They do things like this that actively discourage some of their audience to want to buy it. How does that make sense?

Some people, even if it wasn't just some minor feature like this, don't like having things from a game changed. RE2 remake was different, because that was a whole reimagining. but this remaster seems more of an updated faithful version of the original. Changing things does not make it seem faithful.

Kinda hate posts like yours, because you are always so reductive to what the issue is, and you miss the point of what a gaming forum is about. If we aren't going to discuss things, then what's the point of a forum?

Last edited:

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
You do have to admit it was a bit cringe, but yeah censorship at its finest. Never really finished the first or played much, my friends loved it. Maybe Ill bite on the remake once its very cheap.

SenkiDala

A society where every woman and their dog (sometimes with) are throwing themselves on onlyfans under the guise of "empowerment" - all good

Having a bit of naughty fun in a videogame photography mode - no bueno
Yeah because he exactly said that onlyfans is perfectly good...

I mean come on you can take those creepy pictures if you like, you'll just not get points for doing it... Nobody (outside of mentally retarded persons I guess) will be affected by this.

Mr Hyde

A society where every woman and their dog (sometimes with) are throwing themselves on onlyfans under the guise of "empowerment" - all good

Having a bit of naughty fun in a videogame photography mode - no bueno

Never said anything about Onlyfans, not sure why you are making such a poor comparison and why you think I'm someone who supports such a thing, but I guess you need to have some sort of justification for acting a like a peeping tom in a video game.

Blindy

Don't see any issue removing this. It's fucking creepy.
Same game has a cult that is about to mutilate and sacrifice someone in a theater...Frank West is a perv in DR1 who happens to be thrown into being the hero without him actually wanting to be one for most of the game. A victim of circumstance.

Might as well have West not glance at the female protagonists of the game at this point.

Last edited:

Rudius

I've given up at this point. I'll play old games in 4K and some barely affected games in VR, like racers and flight games.

Reaseru

Which is exactly what I'll do.

On the other end of the spectrum though, they're a business...they want to make money. They do things like this that actively discourage some of their audience to want to buy it. How does that make sense?

Some people, even if it wasn't just some minor feature like this, don't like having things from a game changed. RE2 remake was different, because that was a whole reimagining. but this remaster seems more of an updated faithful version of the original. Changing things does not make it seem faithful.

Kinda hate posts like yours, because you are always so reductive to what the issue is, and you miss the point of what a gaming forum is about. If we aren't going to discuss things, then what's the point of a forum?

Hey. I understand that, and your partially right (i agree whit you and i'm sorry about that).

But these companies are just a bunch of hypocritical suits. They only care about one thing. Money. Profit.

If they are not lucrative, the company shareholders are going after them like happened to Square Enix (who already questioned their teams alignment with SBI).

Some major companies are starting to backtrack their investment in their "politically correct" strategies. Why? Because they keep losing money.

Last edited:

GHG

Gold Member
Never said anything about Onlyfans, not sure why you are making such a poor comparison and why you think I'm someone who supports such a thing, but I guess you need to have some sort of justification for acting a like a peeping tom in a video game.

And you're assuming that it's something that I need in my life - it's not.

However the original developers thought it would be a bit of fun and and some of the people who played the original game enjoyed it. It wasn't a problem then, so why is it a problem now?

The onlyfans reference was commentary on how society has evolved since the original release, not specific to anything you said. You're missing the forest for the trees here.

Yeah because he exactly said that onlyfans is perfectly good...

I mean come on you can take those creepy pictures if you like, you'll just not get points for doing it... Nobody (outside of mentally retarded persons I guess) will be affected by this.

See above.

Mr Hyde

Might as well have West not glance at the female protagonists of the game at this point.

Not what I'm saying either. I have no issues with sexy female characters or fan service. What I have a problem with is a feature where you act like a perverted creep who take crotch shots of females and get points from it. There is a stark difference between those two things.

GHG

Gold Member
Not what I'm saying either. I have no issues with sexy female characters or fan service. What I have a problem with is a feature where you act like a perverted creep who take crotch shots of females and get points from it. There is a stark difference between those two things.

It fit the theme of the game my man.

What do you want, a world where people are afraid to tell stories and develop fictional settings/scenarios all because some blue hair whales might get offended by it?

We now have a situation where they are removing a feature from a previously released game because of this and you're ok with it? Why?

Blindy

But it's in the original game and in character, I don't recall it being mandatory to have to take a perverted picture. It's all optional just sucks to take less from the original into this remake.

Top Bottom