• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster will not award “Erotica” points for taking cleavage and crotch photos like original

Stitch

Gold Member
I looked at the steam database and the game has Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese language so they censored this

because Capcom wants that sweet sweet Renminbi

Madonis

1. I thought that part of the game was always weird and not particularly sexy either. Still, I suppose you can still take photos like that. Just without points.
2. Even so, I don't think they needed to remove it per se. I'd have probably added some sort of toggle as an optional thing, if it were up to me.
3. If the rest of the game looks well and plays well, I'll eventually buy this version either way.

Wildebeest

1. I thought that part of the game was always weird and not particularly sexy either. Still, I suppose you can still take photos like that. Just without points.
2. Even so, I don't think they needed to remove it per se. I'd have probably added some sort of toggle as an optional thing, if it were up to me.
3. If the rest of the game looks well and plays well, I'll eventually buy this version either way.
The photography was not very sexy? Almost like Dead Rising had some sort of comedy element to it, and western society doesn't need to be protected from it by brave and hardy games journalists.

Madonis

The photography was not very sexy? Almost like Dead Rising had some sort of comedy element to it, and western society doesn't need to be protected from it by brave and hardy games journalists.

It's mostly an academic point by now. I've already said that I'd make different choices than the people behind the remaster did.

SkylineRKR

My issue isn't the removal of this particular gimmick, but its more that the game doesn't seem like a huge improvement all things considered. The areas still have to load in like the classic, characters look kind of worse and lost this sort of gamey JP art direction. The VA took a hit as well I think, especially Frank. The lighting doesn't seem to make everything better either. The classic was perfectly visible in the dark. It was a very clean and kind of arcadey looking game.

The 2016 version plays well enough still, in fact I beat it again last week. And its the original vision, with nothing altered for the worse. The game still looks good.

This remake is going to piss people off, because there will be changes, some more subtle than others. We already saw the Cliff dialogue as well, they chickened out here.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
OOUbTlz.png

shamoomoo

Mauling Zombies to death is okay, panty shots are the problem.

I would say the excessive portrayal of violence is a bigger display of abhorrent behavior. But it’s a game. So booth can co exist in a virtual world.
Yes. Dead Rising is a violent game,why would someone think about sex in that type of setting?

shamoomoo

Do you think love can not bloom on a battlefield?

Yes. And when failing to do so they have to be whipped. It is the law after all.
Sure,but Frank West put himself into this situation, it's not the end of the world yet in that universe so finding a partner on soon to be disaster is a bit weird.

MMaRsu

Just noticed that ex gaf member MMaRsu MMaRsu has reposted your reply on the Twitter thread I've linked in my OP, lol.

He clearly wants back in. Any way to appeal to get this mfer back or did he go too far?

Thanks brothas! I indeed read GAF still, even though I was banned.
This post made me get back in touch with the admin team and they were friendly enough to unban me :).

This stupid censorship against Dead Rising Remastered is so dumb, I don't understand why Capcom would piss on their own legacy like this.
Horrible voice actors and models aside.

Last edited:
Top Bottom