• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster will not award “Erotica” points for taking cleavage and crotch photos like original

GHG

Gold Member
This could be a perfect reply for a perv that install webcams in ladies toilet in a trial 😂 judge c'mon have you seen only fans?

Nah this is how they reply:

pick up lines GIF

llLeonhart

Once again. Easy.

Don't agree with it? Don't cry about it. Just don't buy it.

Let the "modern audiencies" do it.
I used to think like this, and yes, while money talks, I realized companies are fucking stupid. They'll attribute all kinds of different motives as to why it didn't sell, except the right ones. So yeah, feedback is absolutely paramount. Don't buy it, but let them know why you're not buying also.

Mr Hyde

And you're assuming that it's something that I need in my life - it's not.

If it's not a feature you hold dear, then why are you so defensive to what I said.

However the original developers thought it would be a bit of fun and and some of the people who played the original game enjoyed it. It wasn't a problem then, so why is it a problem now?

You can't expect a society to not evolve and some things to not been seen as inappropriate over time? That's how it functions in the world. Some things that were seen as okay then are not now. Otherwise we would still live in caves and beat our women over the head with a club everytime we wanted to get laid.

I usually don't agree with censorship, a game developers vision should be respected. A dead authors books should not be rewritten because it has "problematic" writing. A musician's work should not be erased because he/she did something wrong. We should learn from history and not erase it. But a feature like this in Dead Rising? It's not naughty or titillating. And it's certainly not fun. It doesn't add anything. It's just downright perverted and creepy.

Mr Hyde

What do you want, a world where people are afraid to tell stories and develop fictional settings/scenarios all because some blue hair whales might get offended by it?

Not at all. Why are you putting words in my mouth, assuming I want this just because I think a feature like this is creepy and disgusting? Some things are just wrong, doesn't mean you should put limits on your creativity and be afraid of telling stories, whether they be raunchy or not. But there are certain scenarios that I think is morally wrong and this one feature is such.

shamoomoo

A society where every woman and their dog (sometimes with) are throwing themselves on onlyfans under the guise of "empowerment" - all good

Having a bit of naughty fun in a videogame photography mode - no bueno
No, no. I don't like when folks use something that's seen as bad to justify another that is seen as bad, especially when the other activity isn't necessary in this context.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Honestly this feature was extremely sexist even by 2010 standards, can see why Capcom ethics department would want this feature removed, journos would review bomb this to the ground because of the feature and i dont think they want to deal with the pressure.

It's clear that they will also censor female clothing, that's what pisses me off more.

GHG

Gold Member
If it's not a feature you hold dear, then why are you so defensive to what I said.

If you see something happening that you don't like you don't say or do anything about it just because it doesn't affect you personally?

You can't expect a society to not evolve and some things to not been seen as inappropriate over time? That's how it functions in the world. Some things that were seen as okay then are not now. Otherwise we would still live in caves and beat our women over the head with a club everytime we wanted to get laid.

Not all "evolution" is positive. The issue that we have now is that people are being beaten with a stick being told what is "good" vs what is "bad" from up above, without society being given the opportunity to self-police and collectively decide on a path forward.

It should release as it originally was, then people can decide for themselves whether or not they want to purchase it. If customers collectively see this feature as a negative thing (to the degree where it should have been removed) then they won't purchase the game and the industry has a reference upon which to learn from.

I usually don't agree with censorship, a game developers vision should be respected. A dead authors books should not be rewritten because it has "problematic" writing. A musician's work should not be erased because he/she did something wrong. We should learn from history and not erase it.

Exactly, so in that context, there's no reason for this to be removed.

But a feature like this in Dead Rising? It's not naughty or titillating. And it's certainly not fun. It doesn't add anything. It's just downright perverted and creepy.

That's just your opinion on it. It should be left to players to decide whether or not they want to interact with it in the way that is left open for them to do so in the original game.

No, no. I don't like when folks use something that's seen as bad to justify another that is seen as bad, especially when the other activity isn't necessary in this context.

Neither activity is "necessary", but one is ok according to society today while the other warrants removal from a work of fiction.

Last edited:

shamoomoo

i really dont understand why these people keep shoving these political crap to us.
it will not work, it wont work.
That doesn't make any sense,any form of media that's new to you was already created with a certain message. The fact there is/was a creep element to Dead Raising means the creator thought a certain segment of their consumers have a aborrent behavior.

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
I, too, eagerly await the Code Veronica remake where Claire is the villain and Alfred is the unlikely hero.

Will sit pretty next to Street Stern Disagreement 7 on my shelf.

If anyone here is surprised by this, wow m8...

Capcom has been starting to slowly go into full on "Hades 2/SafeHorny" territory for a while.

You get your Cammys and your Juris for now, just so the transition isn't super drastic.

But yeah... Everyone that was laughing at people complaining about the R.Mika censorship and Chun Li and Cammy nipple cover-up in Street Fighter 5, get to slowly see what Capcom will full on turn into in a few years.

Daisy Duck Reaction GIF

nikolino840

And you're assuming that it's something that I need in my life - it's not.

However the original developers thought it would be a bit of fun and and some of the people who played the original game enjoyed it. It wasn't a problem then, so why is it a problem now?

The onlyfans reference was commentary on how society has evolved since the original release, not specific to anything you said. You're missing the forest for the trees here.

See above.
Well at least today we can know the changes...lots of anime was censored in italy for funny scenes with boobs panties naked jokes in the 80s 90s 00s without anyone knew the changes until the internet globalization
Woke or prudish bigots?

If objectification, which I'm entirely for, didn't skew one way, this might not have an been an issue. I get why they removed it but am a bit disappointed by the choice.

Still fucking hilarious how people are more worried about the creep factor instead of the gore.

Mr Hyde

If you see something happening that you don't like you don't say or do anything about it just because it doesn't affect you personally?

Of course I do, if it's something really serious. Getting upset and seeing red by another persons opinion on a video game forum? Not so much.

Not all "evolution" is positive. The issue that we have now is that people are being beaten with a stick being told what is "good" vs what is "bad" from up above, without society being given the opportunity to self-police and collectively decide on a path forward.

Of course not. And I agree with some of the things you say about devs (or people in power, generally speaking) lecturing us what is good or bad. Some of it is taken to the extreme and I totally get that people are getting fed up with shit like that at this point. But when it comes to the video game industry growing up and omitting features like this in Dead Rising, I personally see it as a good thing. I would've said the same thing about the sex mini games in God of War 3 too. Totally cringe and unnecessary if you ask me.

That's just your opinion on it. It should be left to players to decide whether or not they want to interact with it in the way that is left open for them to do so in the original game.

Yes, that's all it is. My opinion. And in the case of this remaster of Dead Rising, it seems Capcom agrees with that opinion since they are removing the feature. In the next game maybe they don't care about my opinion and instead goes along with yours because people voted with their wallet and showed Capcom that the decision to remove this feature was the wrong move.

nikolino840

If objectification, which I'm entirely for, didn't skew one way, this might not have an been an issue. I get why they removed it but am a bit disappointed by the choice.

Still fucking hilarious how people are more worried about the creep factor instead of the gore.
I will not be surprised if in japan there's no gore but the erotica thing 😂

peek

Booooo! That was one of the more unique aspects of the game! Sex bad! Violence good! Me smart now.

Can I still disembowel soldiers with body armor using a single button press? Is the dropping knee still as damaging and invincible as in the original? Is the 70's accountant outfit in this? Are the animations vastly improved? These are the questions I really want answers to.

P.S. Only used camera at start to level and during rival sidequest.

Last edited:

Krathoon

Gold Member
The whole idea behind the erotica designation is that it is a joke thing that can pop up when you taking a picture of a woman.

Last edited:

Saber

A society where every woman and their dog (sometimes with) are throwing themselves on onlyfans under the guise of "empowerment" - all good

Having a bit of naughty fun in a videogame photography mode - no bueno

How can I play an adult game with my kids around? I want to play games like Mortal Kombat with my kids without worring about sexual content!

Mr Hyde

How about don't buy the game if you don't like it. Removing it for everyone because some find it creepy?
For classic movies with creepy scenes, should they remove the creepy scenes when they are re-released?

Gimme a break.

I'm just voicing MY opinion in that I think this particular feature is creepy and perverted. It's not like I was a major factor in Capcoms decision to remove it for everyone else. If they had decided to include it and let the game be untouched I wouldn't have objected to it either. I would've just moved on. It's the devs decision, and this time it's a decision I agree with, hence I'm saying what I think.

The movie analogy is a poor comparison too, since movies and games are fundamentally different. Movies are passive entertainment and a scene like this would've have probably played off differently in the eyes of the viewer, more akin to voyeurism. Games are interactive and let's you participate in these actions and act like a creep who gets awarded for taking pictures of women's crotches is not something I would enjoy. It's the same as I wouldn't want to play a rape simulator either. Or a dude shooting up the school. As I said before, some things I think are morally wrong and this feature in DR is one of them.

Never thought we would be going back to the 19th century so quickly. It's not a big deal but what a lot of progressives don't seem to understand is that in the past, those who pushed for prudishness didn't end up being the good guys.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
This is really stupid. Obviously, it's not some massive, game-breaking problem... but was it really so bad that it was in there? It's a silly, funny bit of nothing. Who does removing it help?

Krathoon

Gold Member
I remember all kinds of sexy jokes on Comedy Central in the 90s.

Then suddenly, IT IS WRONG AND CREEPY TO DO THAT.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Now I'm going to have to pretend and use my imagination to insert erotica PP into the game, just like when I play Pokémon Snap.

Top Bottom