• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster will not award “Erotica” points for taking cleavage and crotch photos like original

Soodanim

Censorship bad and all that, but if I'm honest going for upskirt shots isn't my idea of fun gameplay. Photography in general isn't. There's only ever been one instance of fun photography in all of gaming history, and that's Pokemon Snap.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
JX5VtFq.jpeg

Show us the email you got for canceling the order.

Krathoon

Gold Member
I wonder if people can mod the game and put it back in. I bet it is easy to put back in.

It may even just be switched off.

Last edited:

NickFire

Modern audiences do not want things that make guys laugh and talk about a product. I just hope the devs of this remaster are true allies. Don't just omit this silly achievement. No no no. I expect an apology for the sexism of the original on a splash screen. And strict moderation. If someone so much as points a camera in a woman's direction without her consent, their account should be permanently banned.

HoodWinked

It really is insane that game studios screw up and miss major things in games. But when it comes to censoring the most benign things they raise to an insane brain surgeon level of meticulousness finding every little esoteric detail that needs to be cut. How the fuck? why don't you put this kind of energy into making the actual fucking games.

Killer8

Disappointing but not surprising. The writing was on the wall years ago when we saw the leaked Capcom slides showing how they were going to censor their own games. And if they didn't, they'd have the whole gaming press up against them.

I will still get the game as it otherwise looks like an upgrade over the original and I basically never used the photography mechanic anyway. I actually forgot this existed until the news reminded me.

NickFire

It really is insane that game studios screw up and miss major things in games. But when it comes to censoring the most benign things they raise to an insane brain surgeon level of meticulousness finding every little esoteric detail that needs to be cut. How the fuck? why don't you put this kind of energy into making the actual fucking games.
They have to focus on these things because people are dying from them. And please show some respect. Game devs should never be compared to brain surgeons. While a brain surgeon may save a brain or two every day, these brave and noble game devs are saving millions of brains every single day from the horrors of unchecked locker room talk. These are the hero's we need. F them brain surgeons. They never did shit.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
They apparently are changing stuff in the MVC stages, editing the ending of The Punisher, etc. I also wouldn't be surprised if they removed stuff like Morrigan's win pose, like they did back when the game initially came to the States.

These compilation re-releases are almost never designed to give you a better experience than what's already out there. Anyway, sorta off topic.

Lambogenie

Ban dodging red lights in GTA.

Perverts in real life are bad. Perverts in games. Ehh, my private time lemme have it.

They better not sensor the fighting game collections.

The Marvel vs. Capcom Collection better not have censorship.

Play the original Arcade roms or past home releases.

They don't have any quality of life features, and here's a quick guide to the difficulty settings:

1 star - Literally Impossible without exploiting the CPU
2 stars - Same as above.
3 stars - Same as above
4 stars - Same as above

Because Capcom were too lazy to re-balance their Arcade games, for HOME RELEASES.

But, people like you that aren't conservative or sexual prudes, don't deserve these shiny Collections.

Krathoon

Gold Member
Yeah. I did not know they censored the fighting games. It is not major, but it is annoying.

There was no drastic censorship.

Edit: Correction. They did take out the secret endings on the DarkStalkers games. Boo.

Last edited:
They apparently are changing stuff in the MVC stages, editing the ending of The Punisher, etc. I also wouldn't be surprised if they removed stuff like Morrigan's win pose, like they did back when the game initially came to the States.

These compilation re-releases are almost never designed to give you a better experience than what's already out there. Anyway, sorta off topic.
I remember that I kept hoping for a new Darkstalkers games for years and years, Darkstalkers 2 and 3 being two of the best games ever made.
Never got one, was bummed the fuck out everytime.

But now in the 2024, I would rather Capcom just straight up say they won't ever make a new one, so I can let out a sigh of relief.

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
A society where every woman and their dog (sometimes with) are throwing themselves on onlyfans under the guise of "empowerment" - all good

Having a bit of naughty fun in a videogame photography mode - no bueno
Just noticed that ex gaf member MMaRsu has reposted your reply on the Twitter thread I've linked in my OP, lol.

peek

I'm just voicing MY opinion in that I think this particular feature is creepy and perverted. It's not like I was a major factor in Capcoms decision to remove it for everyone else. If they had decided to include it and let the game be untouched I wouldn't have objected to it either. I would've just moved on. It's the devs decision, and this time it's a decision I agree with, hence I'm saying what I think.

The movie analogy is a poor comparison too, since movies and games are fundamentally different. Movies are passive entertainment and a scene like this would've have probably played off differently in the eyes of the viewer, more akin to voyeurism. Games are interactive and let's you participate in these actions and act like a creep who gets awarded for taking pictures of women's crotches is not something I would enjoy. It's the same as I wouldn't want to play a rape simulator either. Or a dude shooting up the school. As I said before, some things I think are morally wrong and this feature in DR is one of them.
Yup, and we can all laugh and mock the devs for making this decision.

Boooo! Lame. Buncha prudes nowadays.

peek

Holup!! It cost that much in the first place?? Naah, i didnt even know it was gonna cost that much. Now with them toning down things down... most definitely not buying this shit lol.

HeWhoWalks

Gold Member
How about don't buy the game if you don't like it. Removing it for everyone because some find it creepy?
For classic movies with creepy scenes, should they remove the creepy scenes when they are re-released?

Gimme a break.
Exactly.

No different than those people who want to see a certain type/genre of game die because they don't like it. You could just .....I know this is gonna sound wild..... not buy the product. Problem solved.

Last edited:

Crayon

Haha.
Seriously, I think some things are alright to change when "modern audiences" means "we're forty now". In other words, I don't think you necessarily need to blame woke for something like this. This change could easily happen in a more sane world.

ssringo

This doesn't really bother me in and of itself. But it does cause me to wonder what else they're messing with. Probably gonna be a wait and see what others turn up before purchasing situation. I like Dead Rising but it's also the only Dead Rising game I like so I'm in no hurry.

Krathoon

Gold Member
Old games used to have racey stuff in them. It was a thing. The Elder Scrolls games had nudity.

I notice Baldur's Gate 3 and Cyberpunk both buck the trend. Good for them. PC games tend to be more rebellious.

Top Bottom