• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Rising Deluxe Remaster will not award “Erotica” points for taking cleavage and crotch photos like original

Leave Me Alone Middle Finger GIF by Island Touch Dance

Pejo

Jesus some right neck beard responses in here, they removed a small insignificant section that simply doesn't gel with modern society and people are going nuts!?! Jesus, the era of Lads Lads Lads is over, it was fun at the time but we've moved on, it's now fucking cringe
Know what's also cringe? Cheerleading corporations, censorship, and this:
mlnV7DK.jpeg

If you don't like the game feature, just don't fucking do it. Don't take the erotica pictures and just move on with the 99% of the rest of the game that aren't erotica pictures. We don't need nanny Capcom ripping it from the game for no reason other than to appease "the good guys" or whatever.

I played the first game and I didn't even know (or forgot) that this is a feature. But once again, I find censorship apologist behavior absolutely pathetic.

The made for modern audiences shite version where something that was a feature before is now deemed inappropriate. This is just more pandering to specific groups and people. Removing something that was optional and wasn’t made to be a big deal in the first place. Look at the people on here defending the censorship and deeming it creepy or not a big deal. The whole point is they removed something that was a feature before all because it might offend someone I would guess going by todays ridiculous standards. This world is filled with morons.

GHound

That's stupid.
Yeah because he exactly said that onlyfans is perfectly good...

I mean come on you can take those creepy pictures if you like, you'll just not get points for doing it... Nobody (outside of mentally retarded persons I guess) will be affected by this.
Self-diagnosing is bad but you're French so I'll allow it.

Last edited:

Hohenheim

I don't remember the erotic photo missions when I was playing the original, but is it photos of zombies or other humans in the game?
If it's taking erotic photos of zombies, that's really hillarious! 😅

00_Zer0

A society where every woman and their dog (sometimes with) are throwing themselves on onlyfans under the guise of "empowerment" - all good

Having a bit of naughty fun in a videogame photography mode - no bueno
Welcome to clown world 2024. I am sure someone resourceful enough can mod this back in at least on the PC version. I am glad some Japanese developers like Sega aren't afraid to put a little naughty cheekiness in their games. The Yakuza series comes to mind here with their Cabaret Clubs. I crack up at the scenarios in this little side mode. It makes the game that much more enjoyable though and one of the many reasons to enjoy those games.

ReBurn

Gold Member
I wonder if you can still take the creepshots and you just don't get points for them, or if they won't let you take the creepshots at all? Like what if Jessie freaks out on you for going down blouse or up skirt? It would really be cool if she stood up for herself and made Frank eat his camera for trying to creep on her.

Toons

A society where every woman and their dog (sometimes with) are throwing themselves on onlyfans under the guise of "empowerment" - all good

Having a bit of naughty fun in a videogame photography mode - no bueno

They're throwing themselves on only fans because guys who grew up horndogs because of stuff like this pay them to get their fix. Its just another addiction and byproduct of young impressionable minds being sexualized.

Theres a direct throughline from one to the other, so if you want one to go away you ahve to address where it came from.

IFireflyl

Gold Member
of course wokies are defending this in this thread.

There is nothing to defend. The owner of an IP decides not to incorporate something from a previous game into the sequel/remake/remaster. This isn't censorship. It happens all the times with sequels. What's more telling is the outrage from grown adults who get their rocks off on this shit.

This has nothing to do with being woke. Frankly, "woke" has turned into a buzzword that has no real meaning anymore because people, such as yourself, overuse it.

Last edited:

DryvBy

Hey Capcom, literally no crazy progressive type plays video games. They're only here to destroy them like everything they touch. There were people actively trying to get MK to stop having gore on GAF years ago before those chumps left and went to Reeeee.

Quit worrying about a loud, vocal minority. They're nothing more than crazy people and crazy people are always the loudest.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Jesus some right neck beard responses in here, they removed a small insignificant section that simply doesn't gel with modern society and people are going nuts!?! Jesus, the era of Lads Lads Lads is over, it was fun at the time but we've moved on, it's now fucking cringe
ug1hpmx.png

I see women like this outside all the time. It's just terminally online weirdos. I'm not even straight but they're dead ass taking the fun out of the game. The shaming men for liking attractive women thing NEEDS to stop especially when they're sexualizing the fuck out of men these days. I can see what's going on. Do both.

GHG

Gold Member
They're throwing themselves on only fans because guys who grew up horndogs because of stuff like this pay them to get their fix. Its just another addiction and byproduct of young impressionable minds being sexualized.

Theres a direct throughline from one to the other, so if you want one to go away you ahve to address where it came from.

In the same way that growing up on violent videogames causes guys to become mass murderers right darling? Because bloody hell, killing all those zombies and people sure did create a generation of unhinged bloodthirsty human beings who can't stop killing each other.

Or maybe, just maybe (I know this might sound crazy to you), being horny is hardwired in to our biology as a means to ensure start thinking about reproducing once we reach the appropriate stage of our lives (this is one of the ways in which we are hardwired to ensure our species has a future). And therefore people being horny has absolutely nothing to do with whether you grew up being exposed to stuff like a photography mode in dead rising or not.

Last edited:

Three

I agree they're both the same problem but it's the fact that there are people who complain about one and are trying to stop people having fun but find the other empowering because they get money from it. It's like complaining about the selling of alcohol and trying to get it removed while saying "you go girl" to somebody slinging crack.

Last edited:

Saber

It really is insane that game studios screw up and miss major things in games. But when it comes to censoring the most benign things they raise to an insane brain surgeon level of meticulousness finding every little esoteric detail that needs to be cut. How the fuck? why don't you put this kind of energy into making the actual fucking games.

The best part its the people "who doesn't care" or "don't mind" for the sake of sounding like a mature adult. Nothing ever affects them, every edition sounds like some kinda of silly matter because they never cared they "just want to play" or so they say. They wouldn't care even if a game made a screen forcing the players to agree/sign a term that they are facists and the only rebutal they can provide is "dude its just a button press".

Toons

I agree they're both the same problem but it's the fact that there are people who complain about one and are trying to stop people having fun but find the other empowering because they get money from it. It's like complaining about the selling of alcohol and trying to get it removed while saying "you go girl" to somebody slinging crack.

Crime bosses who run drugs in the streets get glamorized all the time, idk who's complaining about the sale of alcohol rather than HOW its sold but really anything that makes one lucrative success will be justified and given excuses for regardless of how questionable it is, always been that way.

The thing I'm saying is you can't deride the byproduct of an oversexualized populace and then ask for stuff like thus to remain. Especially in a game like this it has zero place and adds nothing to the game but crass sexualization. It encourages the exact same mindset that drives those who use OF.

Toons

There is nothing to defend. The owner of an IP decides not to incorporate something from a previous game into the sequel. This isn't censorship. It happens all the times with sequels. What's more telling is the outrage from grown adults who get their rocks off on this shit.

This has nothing to do with being woke. Frankly, "woke" has turned into a buzzword that has no real meaning anymore because people, such as yourself, overuse it.

I saw someone in here throw out DEI completely unironically, like this has nothing to do with diversity or inclusion lmao. Culture war brainrot needs to end. Reset back to 2011

No ones being shamed, or lectured. They just aren't being pandered to. Want this feature, play the original.... they were under no obligation to include it here and it takes nothing anyway

Last edited:

Three

Crime bosses who run drugs in the streets get glamorized all the time, idk who's complaining about the sale of alcohol rather than HOW its sold but really anything that makes one lucrative success will be justified and given excuses for regardless of how questionable it is, always been that way.

The thing I'm saying is you can't deride the byproduct of an oversexualized populace and then ask for stuff like thus to remain. Especially in a game like this it has zero place and adds nothing to the game but crass sexualization. It encourages the exact same mindset that drives those who use OF.
My point is that there are people who actually actively encourage onlyfans but at the same time find harmless stuff like this in games abhorrent or crass. You're saying that it's the same addiction and that there is a throughline from one to the other. so by fighting the lesser of evils you fight the other:
This is analogous to alcohol. Those who misuse alcohol are more likely to go on to misuse harder substances but it doesn't mean there aren't perfectly normal people who drink alcohol and never do other drugs, it also doesn't mean shops should be encouraged to start removing alcohol from their shops because it's part of the same addiction that can develop. Some just want to have harmless fun.

Last edited:

//DEVIL//

No, it does get with modern society and it's going to be the same till the end of time.

it doesn't get well with sick fucks and mentally ill people that need to be in a mental hospital or sick ugly dudes that want to go little girls' washroom so he pretend he is a girl.

fuck these people including you if you are one of them.

Last edited:

Toons

My point is that there are people who actually actively encourage onlyfans but at the same time find harmless stuff like this in games abhorrent or crass. You're saying that it's the same addiction and that there is a throughline from one to the other. so by fighting the lesser of evils you fight the other
This is analogous to alcohol. Those who misuse alcohol are more likely to go on to misuse harder substances but it doesn't mean there aren't perfectly normal people who drink alcohol and never do other drugs, it also doesn't mean shops should be encouraged to start removing alcohol from their shops because it's part of the same addiction that can develop. Some just want to have harmless fun.

And that is fair, but ultimately the devs felt that for this game it didn't visit the portrayal or the impression they wanted. I think that should also be fair.

I mean, you can probably still take the panry shots in game if you want to right? They just won't give you "points" for doing so.

Toons

No, it does get with modern society and it's going to be the same till the end of time.

it doesn't get well with sick fucks

You're literally advocating for a game to encourage sneaking compromising pics of unsuspecting young women, and then are arguing that if youre against that being in the game then you like to compromise unsuspecting young women in real life.

Do you not see the irony here?

Bridges

I don't play games to lust after polygons but I do feel like this takes away from the personality of the game.

The second game is full of dildos and pictures of playboy girls too that all award erotica points when pictured. They're silly games that make sex jokes, I really feel like that's not a big deal.

I've already pre-ordered it and I'm not gonna cancel it or anything but I much prefer that media isn't changed to fit modern times. As cringey as it is I would've much rather they do the Tomb Raider collection thing and put up a warning message at the beginning on startup.

rkofan87

Gold Member
There is nothing to defend. The owner of an IP decides not to incorporate something from a previous game into the sequel. This isn't censorship. It happens all the times with sequels. What's more telling is the outrage from grown adults who get their rocks off on this shit.

its not a sequel.

Top Bottom