• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space |OT|

HugBasket

Banned
ezekial45 said:
A little of both. What i really hope is that the game will offer me an experience so engaging that i'll want to play through it more than once. Like RE4.

How are the weapons? I've heard that there is a limited amount, but customizing them more than makes up for that. Would you agree with that?
Well I just got it a couple of hours ago and I can tell you that the ones I have are awesome. So basically, the cutter (main weapon) and Line Gun are the shit. I believe there are 8 weapons, each having a unique primary and secondary fire, not too mention stasis and force lift powers (forget how to spell the term :\)

Anyways, combat is fun, in the med labs they were flanking me using the vents. I died.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Game is amazing... Just paused at a part in chapter 2 where
some dude with his back turned to me is standing still banging his head against the wall,over and over and over not sure what to expect when I go past him
:eek:

Pein

Banned
just bought the game and realized I can't play this game at night cause I get too scared and freaked out.

The game does look really nice though

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
if you ask me, it's a definite purchase for anyone who:

[1] loves horror
[2] loved the weapon upgrade/purchase system in re4.

i'm already planning another go through the game, adjusting my upgrading strategy, thinking about ways to use the other weapons i haven't picked up yet. . . it seems to have a lot of depth that i think either of the two groups of people mentioned above will adore. i think it also has atmosphere out the wazoo.

Artie said:
How does one get the pre-order code for the Scorpion Suit if Gamestop doesn't have my email? I was never given a code at checkout, nor asked for my email.

Kinda pissed.

Go back, show em your receipt, and ask for a code if they have any left. You might be able to call their 1-800 number and get the code as well.

Man I fucking love the environments. It makes me feel like I'm inside the Nostromo from Alien. High tech, yet gritty and tactile. I never touch the run button, I just love walking around looking at everything. Just wish I had a more powerful flashlight.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
fistfulofmetal said:
End of Chapter 6
ohmygodfuck.
YES :lol :lol :lol

and the framerate stays stable the entire time

edit: I didn't like the force gun, I only used the contact beam once.

t0va

Matrix said:
Game is amazing... Just paused at a part in chapter 2 where
some dude with his back turned to me is standing still banging his head against the wall,over and over and over not sure what to expect when I go past him
:eek:

that part was awesome. I'm trying to convince my friend to buy the game (he's on a console break right now) so I showed him that part. He's going to buy it tomorrow.

Flunkie

Banned
I'm one of those people that doesn't easily get spooked by horror movies or scary games, so I used to laugh at the people who can't play at night or jump all the time. Well, I encountered my first real, genuine jump tonight. It was somewhere in Chapter 3 or 4, and I was going around a corner, and all of a sudden
the lights flash and there's a loud, quick shriek.
I sat a little straighter in my chair after that. :lol I'm really happy that the "scary" stuff isn't "cheap scary."

Either way, this game has some freaking badass moments. Scripted, non-scripted, and scripted turned into non-scripted. Great game. :D

I just got
telekinesis
. I skipped the info popup though... does this use some sort of expendable energy or can I use it indefinitely?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Am I supposed to get decent at dismembering these enemies, or is using stasis every time the way to go? I seem to suck without stasis thus far.

Artie

Would you guys suggest moving down to Medium? I'm about 45 minutes into Chapter 1 and I'm getting frustrated because I am incessantly dying. If I do move down, there's no mid-game change, is there? Kinda suck to have to redo do everything, but I'm not far enough where I wouldn't mind.

The lack of ammo is killing me and it takes so many shots to dismember them on hard...

Jtyettis said:
Right here. :D

I should buy it as it looks excellant, but I'm going to wait a bit on this one.

Well apparently i bought two copies of the game. I thought that the EA store sold through their 1000 copies of the extra special LE edition but now i got an email telling me that they just shipped it. But i already picked up a copy from EB yesterday. Well since i am enjoying the game no way in hell am i returning it. Either way if you are willing to wait ill shoot you over the copy of the game from the LE box, since as i said i already cracked open the regular one unless its other than a normal game case in the LE because i kind of might want it.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I haven't played in the dark yet. I'm kinda scared.
Disappointingly, I haven't found it to be the least bit scary. :\

The game play is solid and I am enjoying it quite a bit, however. It's just that I was REALLY hoping for something more atmospheric. Problem here is simply that they seem to use a lot of musical cues and loud noises to highlight enemy attacks rather than creepy sound effects. What made Shock 2 so damn scary was the sound and nothing here really compares in that area.

HugBasket

Banned
dark10x said:

The game play is solid and I am enjoying it quite a bit, however. It's just that I was REALLY hoping for something more atmospheric. Problem here is simply that they seem to use a lot of musical cues and loud noises to highlight enemy attacks rather than creepy sound effects. What made Shock 2 so damn scary was the sound and nothing here really compares in that area.

I think the scary part of this game is the fact that you are always screwed. There really is no easy fight in this game.

I had to fight the
captain with 8 shots in the cutter and 2 in the line gun. Used stasis stomped the shit out of that mother fucker.
It was intense

JB1981

dark10x said:

which version did you buy?

Artie said:
Would you guys suggest moving down to Medium? I'm about 45 minutes into Chapter 1 and I'm getting frustrated because I am incessantly dying. If I do move down, there's no mid-game change, is there? Kinda suck to have to redo do everything, but I'm not far enough where I wouldn't mind.

The lack of ammo is killing me and it takes so many shots to dismember them on hard...

I was in the same position and I switched to medium and I'm glad I did. It's still a decent challenge but I am able to enjoy the story and all the things I like about the gameplay without getting gnawed to death and frustrated to hell. And I hear the enemies only get harder and swarm in numbers...Nothing wrong with NOT playing on Hard IMHO. Especially if it's going to just frustrate you to hell.

t0va

^ I agree. I made the switch and am so happy I did. You shouldn't feel constantly frusterated during your first run, in any game.

t0va said:
^ I agree. I made the switch and am so happy I did. You shouldn't feel constantly frusterated during your first run, in any game.

I made the exception for halo 3, but only because the devs kept drumming to play it on heroic.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
JB1981 said:
which version did you buy?
PS3 version. Seems like a good choice. The framerate is almost a rock solid 30 fps with only very minor slowdown in a few instances. It looks fantastic.

I picked up Saint's Row 2 on 360, though.

FrankT

Lostconfused said:
Well apparently i bought two copies of the game. I thought that the EA store sold through their 1000 copies of the extra special LE edition but now i got an email telling me that they just shipped it. But i already picked up a copy from EB yesterday. Well since i am enjoying the game no way in hell am i returning it. Either way if you are willing to wait ill shoot you over the copy of the game from the LE box, since as i said i already cracked open the regular one unless its other than a normal game case in the LE because i kind of might want it.

Keep me posted.

t0va said:

Glad I'm not the only one. If there's one thing I hate it's the pressure to play a game on hard to get the most satisfaction out of it, but you constantly want to smash your head through the TV/wall. I'm LOVING the game so far and there's a great balance and it's only going to get SO MUCH BETTER..

grendelrt said:
So are you guys spending money to buy nodes in the store. I am not sure if i should buy a node or a 3rd weapon...

Depends really...I actually use the cutter A LOT and have upgraded it to the max...I sold the ripper because I did not like it and it was just annoying to use and that gave me like 50K and I bought 5 nodes with that, very helpful. It's tough to say, which weapon are you looking at? There's nothing better than a maxed weapon, I always say.

Lostconfused said:
I am pretty sure most people stick to one, maybe two weapons tops.

THIS for sure.

Top Bottom