• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Hasney

So if Dr. Lucha from F4W is to be believed, Rey is going to be back with WWE because they're giving him a bunch of money to stay and Rey likes money. The impression is he won't be doing much wrestling but WWE wants a latino star and he's all they got.

You don't get to be a Doctor of Lucha without knowing things.

2D274906951174-tdy-klg-wine-141007.blocks_desktop_medium.gif

That's gotta hurt. Unless it was a prop.

Also, if Wrasslegaf collectively owned a stake in WWE, would major changes be implemented?

Vylash

So if Dr. Lucha from F4W is to be believed, Rey is going to be back with WWE because they're giving him a bunch of money to stay and Rey likes money. The impression is he won't be doing much wrestling but WWE wants a latino star and he's all they got.
save us, Juan Cena

Hasney

Exactly, why you would pump more money into Rey is beyond me. Then again, it's WWE they don't know how to build up new talent.

Rey Mysterio is still huge and they'll probably make more money off him than they pay him, but yeah, they need Kalisto to move up since the Sin Cara experiment got botched.

If Rey ever gets in ring shape again, they should build up to the WM match they wanted between Rey and Sin Cara.

Recall

Rey Mysterio is too injured to do anything else but the same routine in every match and its hit that point where it's more fun without him than with him.

But of course merch sales are important.

RobbieNick

This has probably been discussed at length but I had never seen it before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVU0MW-IGrM

Lethal's impression is so spot on that if I had just opened the tab and not switched to it I would have thought it was Flair talking to himself for the first half.

DAMN! That was such a good impression that if you scroll the video down enough to where you can't see it, then you can't tell who's who. Glorious.

Recall

How can WWE talk about no one taking the brass ring when they won't let Wrestlers do their own promos? Script everything do much that its a huge fight to let your personality shine.

He damn near ruined it. He should've kept his dumb mouth shut.

That video led me to Lethal's Black machismo gimmick and reminded me that we used to basically fill pages with nonsensical Savage-speak. For weeks. Also Booker T's English. T'was hilarious.

Where has the fun gone, Beef? WHERE'S IT ALL GONE?

That video led me to Lethal's Black machismo gimmick and reminded me that we used to basically fill pages with nonsensical Savage-speak. For weeks. Also Booker T's English. T'was hilarious.

Where has the fun gone, Beef? WHERE'S IT ALL GONE?

You and me, Wrecker...we come from a different age of wrestlingGAF. Where you didn't HAVE to say something was "fun and playful," because it just was. There's no more FLYIN' WALINDAS, no more kung-fu YAAAABHLEHBAAAH, no more NO MORE QUESTIONS...just nuthin. :(

EDIT: We'll always have dis doe:

hqfMdz0.jpg

Recall

It is a crying shame that Samoa Joe went from a no-one to someone in 2003 and his stock shot right up with lots of indies wanting to book him and then TNA had him and just made nothing stick. At least if took a while before Samoa Joe become just another face in a crowd.

strobogo

Banned
I wish Joe would have gone to WWE so Austin could have asked Vince why Joe isn't over like he should be.

"I dunno. He's Samoan."

Cue Austin's head exploding.

He had too many s'mores. 'Cuz he's fat.

I GOT A... FAT.. OUTTA SHAPE SAMOAN CHASIN' ME, HUNTIN' ME DOWN WITH A SWORD-- A MACHETE! LIKE IMA BIG PIECE'A.. HAMBURGER OR SOMETHIN! LIKE IMA BIG TWINKIE! I MEAN LOOK AT ME! IMA GENETIC FREAK, WHAT DOES HE SEE WHAT DOES HE SEE WHEN HE SEES ME?! A PIECE OF BACON!

5R3b0sF.png

strobogo

Banned
I hope one day Scott is inducted into the hall of fame and cuts a full on Big Poppa Pump promo in front with Vince and HHH in the front row. One that talks about fucking Steph, one that calls Roman Reigns a half breed, one that shits on Ric Flair (who would probably be dead by this point) for no reason, one that rants about Vince growing up as white trash.

Then the next night at Raw he'd call everyone pussies, make fun of someone's fake tits, and then fuck Layla.

DiscoJon

Banned
I get sick for a few days and the community goes to hell in a hand basket. It's gonna take me a few days to digest all the stuff that's gone down. Yeesh...

strobogo

Banned
Scott Steiner promos are like Ultimate Warrior promos if Warrior only wanted to talk about fucking, genetics, math, obesity, and America instead of gods and the universe.

DiscoJon

Banned
Looks like our boy Batista has moved on to bigger and much better things. I say good for him, get away from this carny ass bullshit.
Batista-gif-001.gif

Recall

Why is it such a hassle to get the new Cabana podcasts, iTunes doesn't update and I would rather have it on the go?

Ithil

I will never understand why wrestling fans doing "reviews" or "blogs" on video feel the need to attempt to "cut a promo" like they're a wrestler.

Recall

It probably makes sense. iTunes don't actually host the podcast, so putting the link up there will kill bandwidth quicker. once Punk is off, they might update properly again.

I had to subscribe to the art of wrestling on iTunes then unsubscribe and it appeared. The feed just needs to be pushed through.

Xater

Some one offer up a rick rude in a Christmas hat and I'll take it.

*off to google*

I thought about using this cover:

2123830-lrg_dreddsanta.jpg

But due to GAF avatar size limitations it seems impossible to make it work. It's just too small in a 120x90 picture.

Top Bottom