• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Xater

The Punk podcast made me look up that Wizard World thing. It's interesting how you can put a price on this meet a star thing. Here is an interesting price comparison I just quickly put together from announced dates I saw there.

starpricesgtutg.jpg

Gonzalez

Banned
The Punk podcast made me look up that Wizard World thing. It's interesting how you can put a price on this meet a star thing. Here is an interesting price comparison I just quickly put together from announced dates I saw there.
They're all fucking carnies.

I thought you were better than this, Arrow.

Jamie OD

Eve Torres stole Punk's Slim Jim money.

That's the part I was fascinated with since I remember that marketing campaign. Weird how the original plan was CM Punk Summer Camp and it turned into Rey, Show & Eve celebrating the US troops by donating Slim Jims. I wonder if the troops stuff was WWE's idea since they had the Tribute To The Troops show coming up at the time.

Alucard

Banned
I paid about $100 for a picture and a signed item with Bret Hart.

It's kind of cool to have the picture, but the picture taking experience was very impersonal. It probably depends on who you're dealing with. That day, I was dealing with broken down "gotta make money somehow" Bret. :(

Good to hear Punk loved working with the Wyatts! They have turned out great so far.
Punk had to wrestle 4 days in Mexico for $5000 rather than $20,000 for 4 hours of laughing with comic book nerds? No wonder he gets pissed off!
Punk would have been an awesome Slim Jim dude.

Alucard

Banned
Anyone else having some streaming issues with New Japan World? Watching Dynamite Kid vs. Tiger Mask from 1981 and it's freezing up here and there. Just paused it and am gonna wait for a bunch of the video to download first.

Alucard

Banned
COOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLE

Fucks sake.

I'll probably watch Final Battle, now I'm out on WWE week to week I think it's time to give ROH another try.

WOAH JEEZ

Yeah, it's nice to have a solid alternative to fall back on when the WWE is going through shitty times. I'll definitely be ordering the PPV on Sunday.

Browny

Banned
He loves wrestling but im sure the guy is on cloud 9 right now. Good on him.

Also it's another great project. Good for the guy.

He's definitely doing it carefully... I'm sure a lot of execs will have been "yeah, take the lead role in this flick we've got lined up, you'll be fine", some low-ish budget thing, thinking he's the next Rock. But he's cutting his teeth the right way - his name gets publicised, well known company, but not as much pressure as such.

Vylash

tonight's nxt matches:

Charlotte vs Mia Yim
Bull Dempsey vs Elias Sampson
Baron Corbin vs Steve Cutler
The Vaudevillains vs Wesley Blake and Buddy Murphy
Tyler Breeze and Tyson Kidd vs Hideo Itami and Finn Balor

Xater

tonight's nxt matches:

Charlotte vs Mia Yim

Mia Yim isn't in NXT right? So that will probably be a squash.

Alucard

Banned
tonight's nxt matches:

Charlotte vs Mia Yim

5 matches on a one-hour show? @_@ Ambitious. Not sure if NXT usually has this structure, so maybe it's working. (I don't get the Network or NXT, so I don't know)

Vylash

5 matches on a one-hour show? @_@ Ambitious. Not sure if NXT usually has this structure, so maybe it's working. (I don't get the Network or NXT, so I don't know)

Corbin and Dempsey are having a rivalry over who's more dominant in the ring and who can defeat their opponents the fastest, all of Corbin's matches have been less than a minute so it's essentially a 3 match show

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I want to do some new calculations with Colt's ad firm and how many ads are on this recent show, this should give us a clearer picture of how much Punk is earning him. I can also build that vs his old ad count and viewer numbers as well to see how much was pure Punk money.

Can someone please count how many different:

PreRoll ( 15-30 seconds at start of Podcast )
Song of the Week Midroll
Bundle Midroll (After Song of the Week)
End of Episode

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
He's got Walking Dead late night after show appeal, brotherjack

Guess what that ain't though? Morning Show Appeal.

This has probably been discussed at length but I had never seen it before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVU0MW-IGrM

Lethal's impression is so spot on that if I had just opened the tab and not switched to it I would have thought it was Flair talking to himself for the first half.

It is goddamn fantastic and I loved it. I thought that's when Lethal was going to move up in the world. Sadly he didn't. If you haven't seen his Sid impression, you should - it's good. Sid was set to work a main event at some show and no-showed, so Jay Lethal did the match as Sid.

Disappointing number of Christmas avatars WrassleGAF.

Fuck Christmas.

RP912

Banned
So WWE pretty much got me locked into the commitment despite this month stating that there's no more commitment. Still waiting on the email to migrate my account to the no commitment account but lolz

rtruthfuckyouwegotyourmoney.gif

for my frustration I'll binge on some ecw shows :/

Kaladin

I want to do some new calculations with Colt's ad firm and how many ads are on this recent show, this should give us a clearer picture of how much Punk is earning him. I can also build that vs his old ad count and viewer numbers as well to see how much was pure Punk money.

Can someone please count how many different:

PreRoll ( 15-30 seconds at start of Podcast )
Song of the Week Midroll
Bundle Midroll (After Song of the Week)
End of Episode

One thing to look at.....he just put everything on Soundcloud right?

Most episodes have an average of 4.5k views....this is back episodes we're talking. The Punk episode there has 41k listeners, and the new Punk episode, 66k and counting.

This is all post Punk listening.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
One thing to look at.....he just put everything on Soundcloud right?

Most episodes have an average of 4.5k views....this is back episodes we're talking. The Punk episode there has 41k listeners, and the new Punk episode, 66k and counting.

This is all post Punk listening.

I've done calculations with Serial's number and the #3 podcast as well so I have a reasonable idea of the range of Punk's first podcast and second. I just need to know how many ads were run, and when, to do the calculations (and I don't have free ears, I'm at work)

So WWE pretty much got me locked into the commitment despite this month stating that there's no more commitment. Still waiting on the email to migrate my account to the no commitment account but lolz

Watch the '87 Slammys, god damn it.

Vylash

giphy.gif

Fiddle with the billing stuff. I'm officially canceled too.

It is goddamn fantastic and I loved it. I thought that's when Lethal was going to move up in the world. Sadly he didn't. If you haven't seen his Sid impression, you should - it's good. Sid was set to work a main event at some show and no-showed, so Jay Lethal did the match as Sid.

Jay Lethal and Ric Flair hurling clothing at each other and having a Woo Off complete with Flair elbow dropping the mat back in 2010 may have been one of the most surreal things I've seen in a long while. I remember talking with some friends about it before we went to see fatal 4-way LIVE BABY LIVE (fuck that ppv)

I'll admit I never watched much of flair's career yet, so that gif of him ripping off his pants and strutting around the ring confounds me and that could just be his thing he always does but goddamn if it ain't entertaining

bjork

That's gotta hurt. Unless it was a prop.

Also, if Wrasslegaf collectively owned a stake in WWE, would major changes be implemented?

Bad things like

Kayfabe is the last thing I want to see back. Let it stay dead and buried.

^ worst post since Sunny dissed Crows Zero.

Ad money, yes absolutely. Keep in mind I asked him about rates for a legitshook.com plug.

What was the number? I'm curious.

Also, Bluetista figure? http://www.ringsidecollectibles.com/wwe-elite-33-batista-bluetista-elite33-06.html

Kaladin

I've done calculations with Serial's number and the #3 podcast as well so I have a reasonable idea of the range of Punk's first podcast and second. I just need to know how many ads were run, and when, to do the calculations (and I don't have free ears, I'm at work)

Watch the '87 Slammys, god damn it.

The first part, if you count the song of the week is about ten minutes of ads. I don't have time to go back and do a breakdown, but that's how long it was.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;141597538 said:
Jay Lethal and Ric Flair hurling clothing at each other and having a Woo Off complete with Flair elbow dropping the mat back in 2010 may have been one of the most surreal things I've seen in a long while.

I'll admit I never watched much of flair's career yet, so that gif of him ripping off his pants and strutting around the ring confounds me and that could just be his thing he always does but goddamn if it ain't entertaining

I remember watching that live - I didn't bat an eye. "That's Flair"

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Top Bottom