• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Alucard

Banned
Meltzer on ROH and NJPW:

Don’t know this as a fact, but it appears the New Japan/ROH joint shows will be in May once again, or at least Toronto and New York will be since they’ve booked New York again for that month. It will be interesting to see if one of the joint shows is put on regular PPV, particularly since the politics of everything has changed.

Also, the latest ROH is now available for everyone on ROH's website:
http://rohwrestling.com/tv/current

The main event is Adam Cole vs. Matt Sydal. Very good match, and there's a bunch of Final Battle hype in the episode as well.

Just like their careers.

4hSXoYO.gif

gaiadyne

So WWE pretty much got me locked into the commitment despite this month stating that there's no more commitment. Still waiting on the email to migrate my account to the no commitment account but lolz

rtruthfuckyouwegotyourmoney.gif

for my frustration I'll binge on some ecw shows :/

I finally got my 9.99 back from them today. I canceled on the 23rd of November...

RP912

Banned
I finally got my 9.99 back from them today. I canceled on the 23rd of November...

I should have never resigned when my contract was up :/...Hopefully I get a email soon or else I'm stuck until March and by that I might as well keep it since its wrestlemania season....

Heel

I want to do some new calculations with Colt's ad firm and how many ads are on this recent show, this should give us a clearer picture of how much Punk is earning him. I can also build that vs his old ad count and viewer numbers as well to see how much was pure Punk money.

Can someone please count how many different:

PreRoll ( 15-30 seconds at start of Podcast )
Song of the Week Midroll
Bundle Midroll (After Song of the Week)
End of Episode

If my math is correct, he's now a billionaire.

JavyOO7

NXT usually does 4-5 matches an episode. Their shows always go at a good pace because presumably you have a creative team that actually gives a shit about the quality of their shows. The story with Sami and Neville is a simple one but engaging because you really want Sami to win and Neville has shown himself to be a douche canoe... but there's elegance with the story because ultimate the story is about the belt. Neville went to the dark side because he wants to keep the belt at all costs.

With how Sami came out last episode and told the crowd watching including Neville that if he doesn't win the big one... then that's it. He's done. It is so simple in execution but its engrossing because you can tell both are putting plenty into it for their characters to shine. I love it, maggle!

Fox318

NXT usually does 4-5 matches an episode. Their shows always go at a good pace because presumably you have a creative team that actually gives a shit about the quality of their shows. The story with Sami and Neville is a simple one but engaging because you really want Sami to win and Neville has shown himself to be a douche canoe... but there's elegance with the story because ultimate the story is about the belt. Neville went to the dark side because he wants to keep the belt at all costs.

With how Sami came out last episode and told the crowd watching including Neville that if he doesn't win the big one... then that's it. He's done. It is so simple in execution but its engrossing because you can tell both are putting plenty into it for their characters to shine. I love it, maggle!
one of the few things Hunter has done right is let those guys work.

Vince demand rewrites 2 hours before a show.

Or they scratch a segment to have a product plugin like Larry the cable guy.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Also I did listen to about a half hour of the part 2 Punk show before getting to work - dude is rehearsed as fuck for his carny shilling. "you can buy merch, like my new t-shirts, at onehourtees.com!"

"Some people don't like that there's "fuck" on one of the shirts. That's why there's more! Buy all of them!"

Shameless shilling. It's shameless because he sells his image, which is an image of being anti-conformist and independent - all the while, grooming people to pay his ass.

Also I did listen to about a half hour of the part 2 Punk show before getting to work - dude is rehearsed as fuck for his carny shilling. "you can buy merch, like my new t-shirts, at onehourtees.com!"

"Some people don't like that there's "fuck" on one of the shirts. That's why there's more! Buy all of them!"

Shameless shilling. It's shameless because he sells his image, which is an image of being anti-conformist and independent - all the while, grooming people to pay his ass.

tumblr_mx7hvsLwtd1rnjfjfo1_400.gif

Gonzalez

Banned
Wish they would gone into a deeper conversation of face turns in Hollywood movies after their brief discussion about the T-Rex face turn in Jurassic Park.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I enjoyed the discussion of T-shirt designs. "I ran them by you to see what you thought!"

That's a good reason why the four shirts he has are absolutely horrible.

iQv476fnsResz.gif

jmdajr

So overall all this bullshit has made money for everyone.

That hack Cabana got money, Punk can sell his merch, people will download Stone Cold's podcast, people checked out the Network, and HHH gets more powerful as the souls of haters fuel him.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck. :( Like I mentioned before, I likely won't be able to attend the Toronto show unless I want to abandon a 1-month-old daughter and my wife 6 hours away that weekend.

You tryin' to say your wife can't handle it? Women can handle things just as well as dudes! Go to the show. Just don't bring her and make her sit in the back though. She's best left at home.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So overall all this bullshit has made money for everyone.

That hack Cabana got money, Punk can sell his merch, people will download Stone Cold's podcast, people checked out the Network, and HHH gets more powerful as the souls of haters fuel him.

Imagine that. A successful work that leaves fans "clued-in" about what they feel is really going on, and there's STILL money to be made moving forward to the Mania 32 semi main-event.

Life is good. I smell money.

strobogo

Banned
Friends, I had a horrific hang over yesterday. I didn't even know I could have them. Lost like 8 pounds throwing up so much. Pretty dope. And the horrible, painful kind of throwing up that comes from your knees.

Idk, seems like a good rock bottom point to take a break for a while. Worst of all, I had to miss taco day. It was a bad day.

jmdajr

Friends, I had a horrific hang over yesterday. I didn't even know I could have them. Lost like 8 pounds throwing up so much. Pretty dope. And the horrible, painful kind of throwing up that comes from your knees.

Idk, seems like a good rock bottom point to take a break for a while. Worst of all, I had to miss taco day. It was a bad day.

Let this be a lesson!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
What about no new Naruto chapters? It's like a friend went away and died, I tell you.

I'm amazed that Naruto talk on this forum has if anything only picked up since the manga ended. Lot of people with a lot of pent up feelings that need to get out.

Ah well. I'm sure I'll find another podcast to drive around with on Thursday/Friday.

MC Safety

Cracked has an article about how to improve the writing in wrestling. You know, make titles mean something, etc. The bullet points might be pulled from this forum.

The only thing worthy of discussion is the author thinks Bray Wyatt's overyappy and incoherent speeches are awesome.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Cracked has an article about how to improve the writing in wrestling. You know, make titles mean something, etc. The bullet points might be pulled from this forum.

The only thing worthy of discussion is the author thinks Bray Wyatt's overyappy and incoherent speeches are awesome.

I still like em too.

Top Bottom