• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Yep. Carmella annoys the hell outta me. I have no clue what The E is thinking by having her on NXT more than Alexa. She needs to promote the workout DVD since Veronica can't. Tired of them WWE15 commercials, I will not go quietly into that goodnight. Someone tell Cena he forgot the words to the speech in Independence Day.....

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't like to shit on Yoshino, so I blame Ricochet entirely for even coming up with the spot in the first place and forcing Yoshino to go along with it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
B2-XqrPCMAI0i8B.jpg

Fox318

https://gma.yahoo.com/macys-wish-gr...et-wwe-160117737--abc-news-entertainment.html
ppbTWNF.gif

Alfredo Esquivel is only 10 but has been fighting all his life.

Alfredo was born with a congenital heart defect. Because he has just one ventricle in his heart, instead of two, the San Antonio, Texas, fourth-grader often struggles for air, must frequently use oxygen and tires easily.

“And he's having arrhythmias that need to be controlled with medicine. And sometimes his heart rate goes to 200,” his nurse, Paty delPalacio, said.

Alfredo sometimes uses a wheelchair, but it has never stopped him from pursuing his passion: wrestling.

The boy’s wrestling idol is WWE superstar John Cena.

“I like John Cena because I think he's a good wrestler and I like how he fights and everything. And I like that if he's champion, he doesn't go bragging about it,” Alfredo said.

Alfredo and his brother enjoy watching wrestling together and Alfredo himself has mastered many of Cena’s moves.

Alfredo was able to study those moves up close last month when Macy’s and the Make-A-Wish Foundation fulfilled his dream to meet Cena.

This is the seventh year Macy's and Make-A-Wish have teamed up for the Believe Campaign to spread holiday cheer to children with life-threatening medical conditions.

The Nov. 23, 2014, trip to St. Louis was a surprise treat for Alfredo and his entire family. Alfredo was excited before his meeting with Cena, and when his idol greeted him and asked how he was doing, he was star-struck.

“Oh, my God,” he said.

The fun didn’t end with the meeting. Cena presented his fan with a WWE Championship Title belt, T-shirts and autographs and took him on a tour of the backstage area.

There were even ringside seats for Alfredo and his family, including his brother Mark, 11, to watch the wrestling action up close.

Cena may be Alfredo’s idol, but the boy is an inspiration to Cena.

“It is such a gratifying feeling, one, to have somebody say that their one wish is to hang out with you,” Cena said. “And then on top of that, to be able to see the end product, see the joy in the kid's, and the family's faces.”

The meeting made Alfredo’s ultimate dream a reality.

“If I'm having trouble in the future, I can always look back and say, ‘Today is the day I met John Cena,” he said. “I shouldn't be feeling bad because I should just think about the time when I met him. Don't be stressed out. And just relax.’"

strobogo

Banned
Look, I know little Al is a sick kid and all, but:

“I like John Cena because I think he's a good wrestler and I like how he fights and everything. And I like that if he's champion, he doesn't go bragging about it,” Alfredo said.

What show is he watching?

Just reading back some of the last few pages... You guys are funny. If this community was around in the 90's Shawn would've never lost his smile.

Fox318

I just want to meet the kid who wants to meet Brock or Kane.

1 is a sociopath and the other is a Benjamin Franklin tinfoil fedora wearing libertarian.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

1 is a sociopath and the other is a Benjamin Franklin tinfoil fedora wearing libertarian.

There's a screencap of Vader fans holding 'Vader's World No Wimps Allowed' with an x through Sting and Flair's faces. And the kid holding it looked like the stereotypical middle school bully.

That's what I imagine Brock fans Make a Wish kids look like.

DMczaf

That's a cool kid, that's what he is.

Probably like "Fuck cancer, I'll beat this shit and go on a 3 month vacation like my hero Brock"

somedevil

Dixie on Russo:

I’m a big Vince Russo fan, I think he’s very talented, I think he gets a bad rap, but I feel like the way everything played itself out, when I’m negotiating a business deal and it’s private, you have to keep certain things confidential whether it’s a new signing, or how your creative is going. All things are critical to the right element, and things were getting out concerning his involvement, and it was becoming a distraction. I think he’s incredibly talented, I really do, but it’s like when you have a football player on your team, and that player is getting a certain amount of attention and distraction, he may be a very good player but you’ve got to ask yourself if it’s the right thing for where you’re at right now, and if you’re trying to create a certain kind of locker room of peace, we were right in the middle of very important stuff, and we didn’t need that. I’m a fan but it wasn’t the time to take it to another level. Vince has worked with us three different times, and the one thing I’ve learnt in wrestling is that you never say never and I’ll never say never on Vince [coming back to TNA].

She still hasn't realized that his writing from 2006-2011 lead them to where they are today. Here saying that he could come back also shows you not to get your hopes up on the show on DA.

Fox318

cMVWbtY.jpg

"and that's why America needs to go back to the gold standard"

Et18v0W.jpg

"That mask is lined with tinfoil. The government won't be able to read your mind and control your desires with that mask"

Kaladin

Started up Talk Is Jericho with Sami Zayn and Adrian Neville....will post updates later.

At least Jericho makes his ads entertaining.

Nah, frail ass Punk just happened to be in the hospital, so he did the Make-a-Wish appearance as a matter of convenience. And his idea of cheering the kids up was to ask them to smell his fingers.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
TNA's big problem going forward in 2015 is that they laid off basically everyone on the side of the company that did the actual touring wrestling business. So they are a TV show on a third rate channel that can't make any money going on the road. They are fucked.

Fox318

Nah, frail ass Punk just happened to be in the hospital, so he did the Make-a-Wish appearance as a matter of convenience. And his idea of cheering the kids up was to ask them to smell his fingers.

How do you think Vince makes em pay their fake doctor?

MAKE THAT EBOLA KID LAUGH DAMN IT

Xater

TNA's big problem going forward in 2015 is that they laid off basically everyone on the side of the company that did the actual touring wrestling business. So they are a TV show on a third rate channel that can't make any money going on the road. They are fucked.

So far TNA has proven itself to be a cockroach, they will probably somehow keep their bullshit alive.

Top Bottom