• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin' |OT| PUT A Z-PAK ON THE THREAD, PAL. YOU'RE WORKING TONIGHT

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
No? Who cares about Roman. Who even cares about Brock at this point?

That was the purpose of it. And trust me, when Brock is on TV consistently from Rumble to Mania, he'll get his heat back. We go through this process every year. What happens right now is completely and utterly irrelevant. People get over and stars are made between January and April. Anyone who thinks different hasn't been around long enough to notice the cycle.

KissVibes

Banned
That was the purpose of it. And trust me, when Brock is on TV consistently from Rumble to Mania, he'll get his heat back. We go through this process every year. What happens right now is completely and utterly irrelevant. People get over and stars are made between January and April. Anyone who thinks different hasn't been around long enough to notice the cycle.

So WWE will never make money and do major business other than for one third of the year?

Raw64life

joNCiAkPAMHej.png

I'm ok with this.

RP912

Banned
I just closed my eyes for a minute and seriously felt like I left WWE 2k14 running...

this commentary is dreadful :/

Man God

Non-Canon Member

2012 kinda messed with that as a ton of really important things happened after SummerSlam.

somedevil

Here is all the matches that can be for TLC:

Cena vs Rollins Tables
Bray vs Ambrose TLC
Kane vs Ryback Chairs
Ziggler vs Harper Ladder
Nikki vs AJ
Rusev vs Swagger
Usos vs Miz/Mizdow
Rowan vs Big Show
New Day vs Rhodes Brothers

So they have a card and a pre show match ready. Wonder what match is for the preshow.

Paracelsus

Faces don't go over in four months, especially the ones with no star power, no wrestling nor mic skills like Reigns. If Cena couldn't make it to the end of 2005 without getting booed, people will want Reigns to drop the title before Payback card is even announced.

So WWE will never make money and do major business other than for one third of the year?

Of course they'll make money. I didn't say they wouldn't. I'm saying from a storyline perspective and in terms of who gets over, a vast majority of it happens during Mania season. There are exceptions of course, but the majority of top guys were made during Mania season. My main point is that it doesn't matter what Brock and Roman are doing now. When it comes time for Mania, their story will matter to a large part of the casual audience because contrary to how it seems, WWE knows how to tell stories, they just don't give a shit about anything that isn't the top of the top during the biggest time of year.

2012 kinda messed with that as a ton of really important things happened after SummerSlam.

There's an exception to everything.

the remixed raw theme is so bad. I can't even put into words how bad it sounds. I liked the sound before they remixed it with all that crazy dubstep rock music added over it.

Top Bottom