• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

joecanada

Capturing multiplies your kill score. You do wanna capture. You can easily lose if the other team has 2 captures and uses a few supers to take the lead.

Ya if you can capture 2 points you are having a very high chance of winning, you must have a much higher k/d ratio with one capture point

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I'm tempted to just delete my hunter so I can create my second warlock alt. These shit drops are ridiculous.

Which type of game will be faster to get my void damage kills in Crucible for Thorn?

I have a maxed Plug1 I am using and it does the job. Just trying to do this as quickly as possible.

Which type of game will be faster to get my void damage kills in Crucible for Thorn?

I have a maxed Plug1 I am using and it does the job. Just trying to do this as quickly as possible.

I like control since it's easier to predict everyone's movement.

Agreed. For some maps Clash is good too. I wouldn't do any of the others (as in Salvage and Skirmish; Rumble is pointless) unless you're playing with a team of friends.

Edit: If you're really good at Rumble you could. I just never had the Void weapons to be effective at Rumble for that bounty.

I like control since it's easier to predict everyone's movement.

Good idea.

Is invisibility helpful at all in PvP? Trying to go invisible and sneak up on people for fusion kills to make this a little faster.

Edit: Oh and what about armor, recovery and agility? Is it better to have as much of one as possible or keep them even?

Thanks to iRAWR I got my first ever PS exclusive weapon from the Gorgons chest.

YCKz6nw.jpg

Merry Christmas to me! Now I guess I'll use a shard to buy the upgrade from Xur whenever he sells it.

Ugh maybe my accounts just aren't supposed to get armor drops anymore. Cheesed the end of the Crota raid with my level 27 Titan in hopes of getting some armor..Nope. Just poor mans Gjallarhorn (Hunger of Crota). A shader and some radiant shards. On my level 31 warlock all I get is raid boots and radiant energy. FML.

Good idea.

Is invisibility helpful at all in PvP? Trying to go invisible and sneak up on people for fusion kills to make this a little faster.

Edit: Oh and what about armor, recovery and agility? Is it better to have as much of one as possible or keep them even?
Invisibility will keep you completely off the radar, so it's up to your playstyle that will determine how effective you are with it. Same with armor vs recovery vs agility. I like being nimble with a Hunter so I pick agility. With the other two classes I go with different builds.

Steroyd

Good idea.

Invisibility can be, but just remember that you're invisible on people's radar not to their eyes, and you can hear when it gets activated as well.

Always agility when you're aiming to do Pvp.

What a coincidence. I just got a Monte Carlo from the same chest.

I wouldn't be surprised if this game had some kind of daily/hourly pool of RNG items to choose from instead of a huge list. So many people I know have gotten similar stuff in a short amount of time.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NHWTzqHXMTU

The shit you find while taking a poo and reading stuff on your phone...lol

That sentence not being hilarious in itself, that vid was great lol.

Greenymac

Ugh maybe my accounts just aren't supposed to get armor drops anymore. Cheesed the end of the Crota raid with my level 27 Titan in hopes of getting some armor..Nope. Just poor mans Gjallarhorn (Hunger of Crota). A shader and some radiant shards. On my level 31 warlock all I get is raid boots and radiant energy. FML.

I finished with my hunter and got NOTHING but shards and energy. No armor, no weapons, nothing.

SharkJAW

I personally did it with rumble both times
I completed this part of the bounty. If you're a solid 1v1 player, the shit is easy. I did mine in a couple of hours in rumble. The first time I used a Nox Cantor (shitty green FR) and a Ghengis E MG. More recently, I had Light/Beware and Corrective Measure and it was fucking cake. Light/Beware will obliterate anything in front of you and it will do it fast.

I prefer rumble because, if you can control the heavy ammo, you can control the match. You'll end up with something like 23 kills and 6 deaths. Just make sure your playstyle coincides with using a fusion rifle.

The other guys recommended control, which I don't think is bad, but I'm fairly certain it would go slower, unless you play aggressively (which would be to your detriment because you can get double or triple teamed quite easily). Good luck!

Greenymac

I personally did it with rumble both times
I completed this part of the bounty. If you're a solid 1v1 player, the shit is easy. I did mine in a couple of hours in rumble. The first time I used a Nox Cantor (shitty green FR) and a Ghengis E MG. More recently, I had Light/Beware and Corrective Measure and it was fucking cake. Light/Beware will obliterate anything in front of you and it will do it fast.

I prefer rumble because, if you can control the heavy ammo, you can control the match. You'll end up with something like 23 kills and 6 deaths. Just make sure your playstyle coincides with using a fusion rifle.

The other guys recommended control, which I don't think is bad, but I'm fairly certain it would go slower, unless you play aggressively (which would be to your detriment because you can get double or triple teamed quite easily). Good luck!

I have 3 thorns and rumble is how I got it done faster...good advice Sharkjaw...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Eris bounty: "Illuminator" - Generate orbs of light

Has she put this one up before?

Time to do The Undying Mind strike.

Yes she has, I think 2 days ago, the Warlock Grenades During Radiance and Kill 10 Hive enemies quickly is brand new
Guessing Firebolt Grenade + We've Woken the Hive fit this bounty
(Yep just did it, was quick and easy)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So

Gift of the Sun + Radiance + Praxic Fire = 11 Firebolt Grenades thrown, nets me 8 orbs

After 8 orbs, you don't gain any more, you have to do cycle We've Woken the Hive or WWTH 7 times to net you the 50 orbs, takes 10 minutes =D

Great thing is you can lob the Grenade a little behind enemies, and it nets you the Out of Sight bounty too!

Also Daily Heroic still broken LOL, Moon Mission "the Wakening" destination material reward: Spinmetal... LOWAT!

i bumped my recovery up on my hunter and i barely notice a difference in how fast my shield comes back. warlocks recover their health the second you stop shooting them, whereas it takes me 5-8 seconds out of a battle to recover.

agility is very noticeable tthough. my first jump lets me jump on top of a lot of ledges and crates i'd normally need to double jump onto. double jumping makes a noise and pauses your trajectory. it also makes me unable to fire my weapon, which is usually a hand cannon in PvP. They're more accurate in the air compared to other guns, so it's actually important for me to have that high jump to maximize my mobility.

maybe if recovery was 50% faster i'd keep it, but the way i see it, if i don't kill my enemy quickly and retreat to cover, i'm probably already dead anyway.

panda-zebra

It feels like xmas!

32 get, thanks to Eris Rank 4 and 11 magical energy to shard conversions. Also a new emblem from her for free for maxing her out. Song Of Dusk purchased along with the Sunsetting shader.

Now to go do something more festive
after a little celebratory tower dance

Merry Christmas Guardians!!

To the people who have started a 2nd and 3rd character, did you find it more beneficial to pick the same type and share gear? I have a 31+ Warlock that I love, but I would like some variety in gameplay styles. I want to create a Hunter for variation but I also want to be able to Raid multiple times and get the most out of the weekly stuff. Your thoughts?

Merry Christmas Guardians!!

To the people who have started a 2nd and 3rd character, did you find it more beneficial to pick the same type and share gear? I have a 31+ Warlock that I love, but I would like some variety in gameplay styles. I want to create a Hunter for variation but I also want to be able to Raid multiple times and get the most out of the weekly stuff. Your thoughts?
It seems many people create an alt of their original class and then create one other class. I had to go with all 3 classes. Needed that variety and it helps me better understand encounters during crucible.

Namikaze1

My head's pounding. I regret everything. Did the reset thing. Made sure I didn't dismantled anything in my drunken stupor last night.

Top Bottom