• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

i wasn't that impressed when i first used it either. and then i used it in PvP and my eyes were opened.

it has a very high learning curve. if you can consistently 3 shot, you're lethal on the majority of the maps. the throwing knives on top make it the ideal gunslinger loadout IMO. i think the golden gun is even using the last word asset.

Do you find yourself going for headshots? If I don't do a bit of ADS, I find myself using most of the mag if not all. Even while ADS, I find myself using around 5 bullets at least. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or my aiming just sucks

Do you find yourself going for headshots? If I don't do a bit of ADS, I find myself using most of the mag if not all. Even while ADS, I find myself using around 5 bullets at least. I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or my aiming just sucks

i always aim for the head, but i'm getting 4sk most consistently. 3sk is rare and i usually have to pace or aim very carefully.

i haven't had much success with the hipfire either. in most cases, i'd rather ads.

Zakalwe

Banned

Hipfire is the way, imo. You don't need headshots but they do help. You'll find the super sticky auto aim should let you place headshots pretty easily once you get the recoil practised enough.

Slowing down to ads too often, imo, defeats the entire purpose of the gun. Being able to shoot an accurate burst while your opponent likely has to ads first to do so is a huge advantage.

The aim accuracy is a lot further than you might feel comfortable trying at first, you really need to push yourself to keep hip firing as unnatural as that may feel in this game.

i always aim for the head, but i'm getting 4sk most consistently. 3sk is rare and i usually have to pace or aim very carefully.

i haven't had much success with the hipfire either. in most cases, i'd rather ads.

I honestly think the gun will come to life even more for you if you force yourself to hip fire more.

Or maybe it's just me... You certainly don't seem to be having issues with the way you use it.

Hmm... I tend to go for ADS when I have the drop on the opponent/medium range. I guess hip fire is the way to go if I go for the gunslinger build showcased.

Steroyd

Xurs gotta have that Jollyhorn.

There's a higher chance of the upgrade being there then the actual weapon even then I don't have my hopes up... Well I say that but I'm loading my 3 chars with 150k worth of xp plus 3 Rocket Telemetries for tomorrow so I do have my hopes up, damnit, why, WHY!?

I need to kill Templar for a shot at Fatebringer.

Up for a full festive run at all? :3

Edit: ah, you have the checkpoint. I'll join you for that then and do Templar later.
I can join you for the begining sections as well. I will let you know whenever I can sign in Psn.

Zakalwe

Banned
Let's do this properly:

VoG HM (Full or maybe just Atheon depending what everyone agrees to).

1. IRwar
2. Steroyd
3. Zakalwe
4. Katana

Whenever psn let's people in (I'm in now, but I was in before).

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Let's do this properly:

Full VoG HM run (or maybe just Atheon depending what everyone agrees to).

1. IRwar
2. Steroyd
3. Zakalwe
4. Katana
5. GraveRobberX

Whenever psn let's people in (I'm in now, but I was in before).

Me, can swap @Oracles and grab checkpoint x3

Merry Christmas, DestinyGAF!

Though can anyone explain why Sony give us a lump of coal, in the form of not being able to sign into PSN, this year?

Trakan

It feels like xmas!

32 get, thanks to Eris Rank 4 and 11 magical energy to shard conversions. Also a new emblem from her for free for maxing her out. Song Of Dusk purchased along with the Sunsetting shader.

Now to go do something more festive
after a little celebratory tower dance

How much double dipping on bounties did you have to do to get to rank 4 so fast?

Zakalwe

Banned
Great. Going to be afk every now and then until we're all ready.

I'll make a party now, all join on me. If I'm afk when everyone is in message me and I'll see it on my phone.

Go you don't have me added - psn: astropoff

Edit: seems like psn won't allow party creation atm. Will be In orbit instead then.

Deku Tree

It feels like xmas!

32 get, thanks to Eris Rank 4 and 11 magical energy to shard conversions. Also a new emblem from her for free for maxing her out. Song Of Dusk purchased along with the Sunsetting shader.

Now to go do something more festive
after a little celebratory tower dance
Wait she maxes at four... Can you keep doing her bounties for exp after she is maxed?

GraveRobberX

Gonna take a quick shower, hope people can sign-in, I'll be 10 minutes, I'm ready to do VoG, don't replace me

Trying to get on. Still hoping to see that 32 Crota crushing action hehe

:)

bc7.png

I've got about 2 hours to spare today, hopefuly psn will be up by then.

moris

I'm looking for a few people that can help me get the 2nd chest in CE for all my alts. You can certainly join too if you missed it for any of your characters that are 27+.

I have the checkpoint so you can just join. Quote or PM with PSN ID and I'll send invite when I can get in Destiny.

Jinjo

Horrible week in Destiny for me. Nightfall gave me two shitty legendary guns and an engram. Which turned into a decent but useless heavy machine gun since I have so many. Weekly heroic rewards have all been better, legendary engrams and 9 strange coins. Xur better bring my Gjallarhorn upgrade tomorrow, because frustration is setting in harder and harder.

I'm looking for a few people that can help me get the 2nd chest in CE for all my alts. You can certainly join too if you missed it for any of your characters that are 27+.

I have the checkpoint so you can just join. Quote or PM with PSN ID and I'll send invite when I can get in Destiny.

I need the 2nd chest mate :)

PSN is same as GAF.

If you're on now I'd like to quickly grab it whilst we're waiting for others to get signed in :(

GraveRobberX

Alright, I'll do bounties till we start!, send Invitation when you can, or I'll keep refreshing GAF to see if we ready!

Top Bottom