• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Zocano

Apparently they added it as an afterthought and it almost didn't even make it as the Grimoire.

If it was an in game codex type log it would help so much.

Yah, everything I've read is that the Grimoire was basically created within the last 6-months/year in development.

It certainly reads like generic sci-fi but even generic sci-fi can look amazing next to nothing.

Similarly, I keep hearing people say Destiny's story is garbage and I think the better criticism is that it's nonexistent. Or rather the more apt and succinct criticism.

There is no story. Not one that was made over a span of 5 years. It was gutted and thrown out late and it's clear. It's a shame because, as pulpy and generic as Halo's story was, I loved Joseph Staten's stuff and wished to see what he actually planned for us.

But he left, and presumably (although of course this was all speculation but it makes too much sense to me) what story he was trying to craft ended up getting thrown out ... for something? I doubt we've seen that something but I'd like to know who they have helping make the next game's story instead.

But from the sounds of it and from the sounds of DeeJ's stupid non-answers, it sounds like they care less about a world, a fiction, and a story encompassing all that and care more about chasing the DayZ/Minecraft "immergent" storytelling bullshit.

Namikaze1

of course you have it all planned out lol.

I'm sorry eris, but I can't log on to do your daily chores.
I calculated everything last week. Doing the reset thing nets me a little over 500 rep points each day. And that's with 3 bounties: two new bounties and 1 repeating one each day. I decided not to take into account class based bounties since I had a feeling Eris would be favoring Hunters and I was right. If I add those, it would be around 600 or so on that day.

I haven't tried to grind for it yet. I've killed about 50 of those blades of Crota with no results.

Doesn't have to be on heroic or anything right?

It doesn't have to be heroic. I just loaded up the Fist of Crota mission on normal trying to complete the kill 15 hive with sword on earth bounty and it dropped for me after killing the blade of crota. It was automatically added to my inventory didn't have to walk over it to pick it up.

Namikaze1

Sucks that people can't get on.

DrunkDGaf last night was hilarious, I fully expect it again tonight.

I am hoping to play after 9pm EST tonight and then anytime starting tomorrow on.

No presents from Bungie yet? Laaaaaaaaame
I read my posts. I'm not drinking tonight. Nope. Not drinking.

Haha no. Try a void LDR or void Speer from IB. I was doing roughly 3 times the damage my buddy did.

Praedyth's low impact is shit. It's still a good PvP sniper but fuck it for any PvE content.

Praedyth is still better through most of this weeks Nightfall due to Juggler. Void still eats mobs up + precision kills cause the mob to explode and the explosion does Void damage as well. Given how tightly mobs are packed in multiple parts of the strike and juggler meaning you have to switch to special throughout, I takr praedyth > any other higher impact sniper rifle everywhere but the boss itself.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I've had Husk of the Pit for about a week now and I haven't even bothered trying to upgrade that thing. I didn't even bother farming for it, it just dropped randomly one day. I haven't even equipped it yet to see what it fires like. Watching YouTube videos though it seems terrible.

To upgrade it do I just kill any enemies or does it have to be hive enemies?

Has to be Hive enemies it, it Hungers for them
Just do the We've woken the Hive mission, it takes roughly 15 minutes to level it up, like 20 deaths worth

No presents from Bungie yet? Laaaaaaaaame

Nope

I haven't tried to grind for it yet. I've killed about 50 of those blades of Crota with no results.

Doesn't have to be on heroic or anything right?

You should, I spent roughly 2 hours of farming between 3 days totals, got 3 Husks, now all 3 Eidolon Ally's

GraveRobberX

Jeez, upgraded 5 Legendary Weapons to 331 Attack, burned through so much glimmer, time to DOS the Cabal Network!

Oh look Master Rahool being nice on Christmas Day:
8grG1Jx.jpg

toE5oqt.jpg

DhiJuv0.jpg

Sweet need a nice Pulse Rifle again, lucked out again!

SkylineRKR

Praedyth is still better through most of this weeks Nightfall due to Juggler. Void still eats mobs up + precision kills cause the mob to explode and the explosion does Void damage as well. Given how tightly mobs are packed in multiple parts of the strike and juggler meaning you have to switch to special throughout, I takr praedyth > any other higher impact sniper rifle everywhere but the boss itself.

Praedyth has low impact but its ROF and stability are king. Its like a scout rifle.

I destroyed Sekrion with it, easy enough to land 6 rapid shots before he hits me. Thats like 24k damage.

It does good damage in general, and the AoE effect is nice on trash mobs. Just don't use it on shields, its too weak for that.

E92 M3

Only half way to rank 4 with Eris...I am actually tempted to stay up till 4 AM to make sure i can level her up before the new year. Damn 4K is brutal...why Bunge.

Lima

Only half way to rank 4 with Eris...I am actually tempted to stay up till 4 AM to make sure i can level her up before the new year. Damn 4K is brutal...why Bunge.

To stop you from progressing too fast. They want to keep you playing daily. Which honestly is something I will never understand. I would make sense to me if the game had a paid sub not so much without it.

phen0m24

So two things.

1) my son is playing on his 360.
At least XBL works
2) I tried CoD AW. The shooting feels like utter crap. It's horrible. Give me my Titan any day.

But at least it's working.

Namikaze1

I'm all ears.
Fine. Had all my friends over to exchange gifts since most of us are traveling early in the morning to spend Christmas Day with family. My girlfriend had arrived with her twin brother and both were wearing identical sweaters knitted by their grandmother. Party lasts for several hours. By the time the party was nearing to its end, I was intoxicated. I'm looking for my girlfriend since I'm drunk and wanted something else for Christmas. I found "her" talking to several of our friends. I came behind "her" and wrapped my arms around "her" frame.

"Hmm, you looking real nice babe. Wanna go somewhere a bit more private? Santa still got one more gift left for you to unwrap."

After I said that, I nibble on "her" ear. I hear snickering coming from those around. I look up and see Kat, my GF, trying her best not to laugh along with my friends. My drunken mind took a while to process that I was holding on to her brother. By the time I had released her brother, everyone was laughing.

Fine. Had all my friends over to exchange gifts since most of us are traveling early in the morning to spend Christmas Day with family. My girlfriend had arrived with her twin brother and both were wearing identical sweaters knitted by their grandmother. Party lasts for several hours. By the time the party was nearing to its end, I was intoxicated. I'm looking for my girlfriend since I'm drunk and wanted something else for Christmas. I found "her" talking to several of our friends. I came behind "her" and wrapped my arms around "her" frame.

"Hmm, you looking real nice babe. Wanna go somewhere a bit more private? Santa still got one more gift left for you to unwrap."

After I said that, I nibble on "her" ear. I hear snickering coming from those around. I look up and see Kat, my GF, trying her best not to laugh along with my friends. My drunken mind took a while to process that I was holding on to her brother. By the time I had released her brother, everyone was laughing.
Holy shit
#dead

Namikaze1

If Nami starts squeezing some of that extra coal he's got lying around, he could make you a diamond in well, never.

;) haha
I got some sweet new gear from Rahool. Here's no coal under my Xurmas Tree.
But if DinkleSanta didn't bring me presents, who did?!!!
It sure wasn't DinkleSanta since he's not real. It's time to come to terms with that. Your gifts came from Rahool!

no-pants-14.gif

HE'S REAL SHUT UP

MOMMA SPEAKER SAID SO!!
Well, Momma Speaker is lying to you. I saw her and Daddy Traveler place your gifts under the Xurmas Tree.

phen0m24

Pretty dang funny man - you have to admit. I would have been falling over laughing

Its a good thing there were no fluids around my table this time.

I'm dead. This might be the most embarrassing thing I've ever heard.

Oh god.

Anyhow. Getting my crew together for our first flawless attempt.

Also, still need to go through the first 2 parts of crotas end once today.

phen0m24

I got some sweet new gear from Rahool. Here's no coal under my Xurmas Tree.

It sure wasn't DinkleSanta since he's not real. It's time to come to terms with that. Your gifts came from Rahool!

Well, Momma Speaker is lying to you. I saw her and Daddy Traveler place your gifts under the Xurmas Tree.

Look it's Byron Bluth! :)

omg Nami

Namikaze1

Awesome.
He just.... Didn't move? I'd probably have moved atleast at feeling your breath on my neck.
He was trying not to laugh and wanted to see how long it would take me to realize my mistake. He's a bit of a prankster too. He turns around and jokes about it: "I thought we promised to keep our love a secret from my sister?"

And here I thought I had embarrassing shit happen to me when drunk. My sympathies man.

GraveRobberX

Now I await GAF Hiidden Confession post of how they shad a Threesome with Twins, Bro + Sis combo =3

Top Bottom