• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

E92 M3

To stop you from progressing too fast. They want to keep you playing daily. Which honestly is something I will never understand. I would make sense to me if the game had a paid sub not so much without it.

People that are worried about rank 4 will already be playing everyday...4 thousand is overkill. Sucks I set an arbritrary goal of getting to 32 before the New Years and now I am feeling the pressure. I'm thinking of way to idle in the tower and just go to sleep. Wake up, do bounties and then reset.

Feasible?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Fine. Had all my friends over to exchange gifts since most of us are traveling early in the morning to spend Christmas Day with family. My girlfriend had arrived with her twin brother and both were wearing identical sweaters knitted by their grandmother. Party lasts for several hours. By the time the party was nearing to its end, I was intoxicated. I'm looking for my girlfriend since I'm drunk and wanted something else for Christmas. I found "her" talking to several of our friends. I came behind "her" and wrapped my arms around "her" frame.

"Hmm, you looking real nice babe. Wanna go somewhere a bit more private? Santa still got one more gift left for you to unwrap."

After I said that, I nibble on "her" ear. I hear snickering coming from those around. I look up and see Kat, my GF, trying her best not to laugh along with my friends. My drunken mind took a while to process that I was holding on to her brother. By the time I had released her brother, everyone was laughing.

....merry christmas everybody! :D

Ont

I haven't had much time for the new raid until now. I only briefly joined raid sessions few times but never got to Crota until today. But I have been lucky with the few drops I got, I had raid chest, gloves, and legs before seeing Crota for the first time. Just need to upgrade my exotic helmet now.

Also if anyone is up for doing Nightfall in 1 - 2 hours on X1, my gamertag is Ont9.

Zakalwe

Banned
Fine. Had all my friends over to exchange gifts since most of us are traveling early in the morning to spend Christmas Day with family. My girlfriend had arrived with her twin brother and both were wearing identical sweaters knitted by their grandmother. Party lasts for several hours. By the time the party was nearing to its end, I was intoxicated. I'm looking for my girlfriend since I'm drunk and wanted something else for Christmas. I found "her" talking to several of our friends. I came behind "her" and wrapped my arms around "her" frame.

"Hmm, you looking real nice babe. Wanna go somewhere a bit more private? Santa still got one more gift left for you to unwrap."

After I said that, I nibble on "her" ear. I hear snickering coming from those around. I look up and see Kat, my GF, trying her best not to laugh along with my friends. My drunken mind took a while to process that I was holding on to her brother. By the time I had released her brother, everyone was laughing.

This is even better than the one about the guy who forgot to turn off his mic.

Steroyd

People that are worried about rank 4 will already be playing everyday...4 thousand is overkill. Sucks I set an arbritrary goal of getting to 32 before the New Years and now I am feeling the pressure. I'm thinking of way to idle in the tower and just go to sleep. Wake up, do bounties and then reset.

Feasible?

You'll get kicked out of the tower for afk'ing but you should be good in terms of going to the tower do the bounties then reset afterwards.

Although i should disclaimer that I don't know for 100% sure if you have to be in the tower during reset or just logged in.

gdt

Or how about this...

Xur sells Gjallarhorn, but PSN is down all weekend till Monday.

How about that Destiny Gaf?

/dead

Lima

He will only sell the Gjallarhorn upgrade.

The rich get richer and the peasants get shit and all will be right in the world. How it should be.

E92 M3

You'll get kicked out of the tower for afk'ing but you should be good in terms of going to the tower do the bounties then reset afterwards.

Although i should disclaimer that I don't know for 100% sure if you have to be in the tower during reset or just logged in.

Hmm, I want to know because staying up till 4 is a bit crazy for me.

milkham

Thanks. What glitches are ppl experiencing?

I've noticed this the last few times we've gone up against him. sometimes he'll just start teleporting without having his shield ever taken down by the relic super and while doing that, give out detain bubbles unpredictably.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
He will only sell the Gjallarhorn upgrade.

The rich get richer and the peasants get shit and all will be right in the world. How it should be.

Nah dude. The rich are those who already have the upgraded Gjallarhorns. Those who have yet to and will be are mere pretenders to the rich! =P

Namikaze1

So what have you guys gotten for Christmas so far?

I got Smash Bros 3DS from my old college roommate
All the current books in A Song of Ice and Fire + The World of Ice and Fire from another friend
Clothes from several friends
New working pants + Breaking Bad Complete Series blu-ray from my coworker/friend
White DS4 and GTAV from my best friend
iPad Air, Marvel Phase 1 blu-ray collection, and a PS Vita from my girlfriend

Oh and The Art of Destiny from her as well but it hasn't arrive yet.

All the current books in A Song of Ice and Fire + The World of Ice and Fire from another friend
New working pants + Breaking Bad Complete Series blu-ray from my coworker/friend
I got $100 and bed stuff......

Wealthy community you got there lol

I got Hyrule Warriors from my wife!

Fitts

Gaf, I really need a good post-expansion legendary hand cannon. Should I continue gaining vanguard and crucible rep hoping for something cool or should I level New Monarchy past 3 hoping to get a Red Hand? (That being the best base vendor hand cannon). Actually, I've only ranked Monarchy and FWC to 3. Do you get postmaster packages for each level you rep up beyond that?

And while it's nothing great, I will buy the 1969 as a holdover when I get the marks again. I had purchased B-Line Trauma at last opportunity since it looked like a solid legendary primary and then I got the Iron banner one later that evening that I prefer so I kind of screwed myself on that deal.

Hmm, I want to know because staying up till 4 is a bit crazy for me.
I believe you have to be in the tower before the reset. I had the menu open when it refresh, don't know if that matters or not. Do the bounties and turn them in before you log out. You should be able to re do them next time you log back in.
Edit: noting for Christmas

I got a subscription to read research papers -.-

Vouchers, clothes, books, a game (which I already had, oh well), and skiiing stuff.

Rixa

Searching helpful GAFer (or 2) to help me finish story.

Mars story last mission "Black Garden", Idont want to solo it (I hate that mission).
My alt is at level 18 and mission is 18 (playing normal, not interest hard).

Any volunteers, starting as soon as someone wants to join or respond in this thread.
PS4 Remoote Playing ps Vita, so no mic.

PSN: Rixa

Please help, I hate story

E92 M3

Being logged in would be enough however even when idling in Orbit you get kicked back to the press A start screen after 30 minutes so that wouldn't work.

Have you ever idled before or the reset time isn't too crazy for you?

I believe you have to be in the tower before the reset. I had the menu open when it refresh, don't know if that matters or not. Do the bounties and turn them in before you log out. You should be able to re do them next time you log back in.
Edit: noting for Christmas

I am thinking of leaning my controller so one stick is pushed in. I wish I could stay up and do it normally, but 4 AM is just too crazy.

Nice!

I got:
-iPhone 6 Plus and Leather Case
-Xbox Live 13 Month
-PS+ 1 Year
-New iPad charger (cat ate my old one)
-Cord sorter for my charging cords
-The Beatles Full Vinyl Collection
-Pit, Captain Falcon and Luigi Amiibos (completed my entire set of Wave 1 and 2 sealed in their packages)
-HDMI switcher
-Many clothes
-Straight edge shaving kit
-$50 iTunes Card
-Wooden block puzzles
-Chocolates!!!!
-Sex

Top Bottom